Transferring money into Thailand

47 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Maybe your card expired. Set up auto debit from your bank account instead. Can do on phone.

New debit card and set up with wise and used 3 times.

Tried many times today uk bank said its wise, wise say contact bank.

This is last window message from wise online page, have'nt got a clue what they are on about.

This api.checkout.com page can’t be found

No webpage was found for the web address: https://api.checkout.com/sessions-interceptor/sid_aheex4zspefufgibzgi2ethkhi

HTTP ERROR 404

Edited by Kwasaki

You should probably check with your Thai bank and explain to them what you are planning to do and the reason of the transfer.

I think your bank in the US will possibly have issues that you should be able to resolve.  But when you plan to do this, it essentially needs to be an International Wire Transfer using SWIFT.

I expect the US Treasury/IRS will want some type of notification using FATCA and FBAR reporting.  Here is a site you may want to review for basic information.

https://www.bossrevolution.com/en-us/blog/international-money-transfer-laws

On 10/25/2022 at 7:20 PM, Kwasaki said:

Will see and try again later or get to make other arrangements.

Contacted my UK bank nothing wrong there they confirmed that WISE has not set up properly that is why they are locked out. 

How do you contact WISE other than questions and answers or robots.? 

29 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Contacted my UK bank nothing wrong there they confirmed that WISE has not set up properly that is why they are locked out. 

How do you contact WISE other than questions and answers or robots.? 

Click on your name, top right. Choose Help Centre from the drop down menu.

Click on contact us, select Managing my Account and then click on 'something else'. You will see this:-

Talk with our team

Your query is about: managing your account

Your conversation will be with an agent who speaks:

English

Select your preferred option

• Thanks 1

I had an issue with Wise / my UK bank over a missing transfer about 2 years back. The email I used to contact Wise was their Support email - [email protected] - this was before their name change so likely just delete the 'transfer' part of the email.

Eventually it turned out that the bank faster payments system had a glitch that caused the transfer to Wise not to be completed.

It took a week or more to be resolved as my UK bank were insistent that the transfer did go ahead and Wise, similarly, could not trace any receipt. After many calls to my UK bank they finally admitted the problem was at their end and I received compensation for their poor service on the matter. Wise were excellent in the way they clearly investigated the problem and reported back to me in good time.

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

Click on your name, top right. Choose Help Centre from the drop down menu.

Click on contact us, select Managing my Account and then click on 'something else'. You will see this:-

Talk with our team

Your query is about: managing your account

Your conversation will be with an agent who speaks:

English

Select your preferred option

Many Thanks have sent an email. ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PPGuy said:

I had an issue with Wise / my UK bank over a missing transfer about 2 years back. The email I used to contact Wise was their Support email - [email protected] - this was before their name change so likely just delete the 'transfer' part of the email.

Eventually it turned out that the bank faster payments system had a glitch that caused the transfer to Wise not to be completed.

It took a week or more to be resolved as my UK bank were insistent that the transfer did go ahead and Wise, similarly, could not trace any receipt. After many calls to my UK bank they finally admitted the problem was at their end and I received compensation for their poor service on the matter. Wise were excellent in the way they clearly investigated the problem and reported back to me in good time.

Thanks i have spoken to my bank and they say wise hasn't completed something with some new Regs that have just come out,  and have told me there's no lock on my card as I can know  myself as they could see i used the same card to buy stuff from Lazada. 

There's no rush so will see what happens. ????

• Like 1