Looking for wood furniture maker for custom benches (long)

NaiGreg

Sketch out your specs & measurements & take it to Baan Tawai.....

Almost any shop that sells furniture has wood shops creating furniture....

Drive the area slowly & completely, watching as you go & you will find some working shops....

There's an Inn/Hotel at the rear street....There is a shop inside the Hotel grounds that the owner had furniture for sale made....The owner is a looker (bonus).....

On the streets off the main road from 108 to Baan Tawai there are shops dotted all around but they are really scattered - but maybe worth the drive....

If the furniture stores are open you might find what you want already built....

If you can draw it, they can make it ...I had some made that only took 2-3 days .....

Edited by pgrahmm

Ditto on comments of pgraham above.  I had a large coffee table made via one of the shops there and was quite satisfied with it as to quality and price.   As to whether you'll find true teak nowadays, good luck.

There also used to be several furniture shops on the road (1317?) to San Kampaeng which had some very nice stuff, large tables and cabinets, etc.  I don't remember if I saw any benches there and I have no clue if they can make custom furniture for you.

While it may not be Baan Twai quality, I think it is also not Baan Twai prices--there is a gentleman who does wood, etc, that has a shop to the right once inside the very large parking lot of Global House.

Some friends and I have used him and were very satisfied---it was pre-covid, but i think he is still there---and it was good work for reasonable prices--worth at least a look and discussion, then drive on down to Baan Twai if he isn't to your satisfaction.  But, you just may be surprised.  And, of course, he does custom work.

Edited by SammyJ
  • Thanks 1

There is a guy who makes wooden furnishings at this location in Lamphun (Google Map link).
The road that heads South West from that point has numerous furnishing stores and factories.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/18°33'48.5"N+99°03'43.5"E/@18.5636806,99.0623133,17z/data=!4m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x1a0bc06bc84d2948!7e2!8m2!3d18.5634681!4d99.0620687

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...