Video: Thai beauty sends impassioned anti-war message to 'murdering' Putin - shames Thai govt

webfact

3 hours ago, TKDfella said:

Yes I agree, there might be consequences but that's the point...(and those consequences might even affect expats too). But IMHO Thailand (and the other countries that do likewise) should decide where they stand on important World issues such as this one. If the Thai gov. decides that it could not afford to be a  enemy of Russia, okay, but at least it would be an explanation that could be accepted (or rejected) by the Thai people.

I'm pretty sure the Thai government does not have to spell it out as to the reasons they abstained, as I'm sure most will know that, if they even care at all.

6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I don't know what the relative scorecard is. However, I would point out Putin's war, quite apart from the battlefield and civilian casualties in Ukraine, is going to kill quite a lot of innocent people via starvation. Because it is the world's largest exporter of fertilizer.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=russia+fertilizer+production+percentage

Agree, the Myanmar junta is equally repugnant, but AFAIK they are not affecting GDP, inflation rates, interest rates and world economies. The war in Ukraine is.

Ah, so it's all about self interest then? Who cares if an Asian government is killing loads of it's own people so long as it's not affecting us?

I have to differ. I do think it's as bad as what Russia is doing, but seems not many others do.

Pity none of the contestants in that pageant hadn't said something about Burma when they had the chance, but that wouldn't attract media attention, would it?

12 hours ago, Bim Smith said:

Did she mention the over 14 thousand Russian speaking Ukrainians killed at the hands of their own government since 2014. Can she enlighten me on the minsk accord or the orange Revolution?

I can only assume you are pro Russian or pro Putin. A better analysis of your statement can be found here https://bitterwinter.org/donbass-did-ukraine-kill-14000-pro-russians/

from my observation it seems the  reason there has always been fighting within the Donbass region is due the fact that it is filled with 45+% of migrants from Russia who have decided they now want to be part of Russia. Enlighten me if I'm wrong.

You obviously think that's ok?

Your statement has no bearing on the atrocities that Putin has committed. A man who obviously has no morals in regards to whether the civilians he has killed or is killing, by bombing civilian buildings, are Pro- Russian or Ukrainian.

There is, and never will be, no acceptable reason for his actions

12 hours ago, Bim Smith said:

Not to mention those poor souls burnt alive in Odessa. Maybe the Nazi Ukrainian military might be a clue.

Or the known violent and sadistic Neo-Nazi mercenary's Putin has hired to apparently rid Ukraine of Nazism https://www.rferl.org/a/russian-neo-nazis-fighting-ukraine/31871760.html

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, khunpa said:

Not good to make Thailand “lose face”.

Wonder if 3 weeks in the “attitude-adjust” camp will be enough?

I think her future as an ambassador for Thailand might have just been terminated.

14 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

But if some official Thai politician or government spokesperson would say something bad about Putin or Russia then he might notice and he might decide to show Thailand that there are consequences.

For example? 

10 hours ago, jesimps said:

those who sit on the fence are worse than the bullies themselves.

The world isn't black and white. Once you grow up you will realize not everyone can afford to get involved in everyone's problems. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Should what?

Should the Thai government tell Putin that he is a murderer?

And should they do the same with other countries and their leaders?

Should they tell China what to do and don't do?

Maybe tell the USA not to invade so many countries?

And don't forget to tell the leaders in Saudi Arabia what bad people they are.

Any other countries? Sure. Tell them all about their mistakes.

And then?

What about if these countries react to that?

No more business with Thailand? Or maybe business with bad conditions?

No more tourists and no more money from people from those countries?

And then? I guess then the same people will criticize the Thai government again for high prices, high unemployment, no tourists, etc.

The world is not black and white. There are not only good or only bad countries and leaders. The world is complicated. Sometimes it's good to think again about consequences - before criticizing others.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Who knows all the connections between Thailand and Russia? Import, exports, short and long term agreements, relations with other countries, and and and? And maybe some of this is secret and information from spies. 

It would be impossible to explain it to the people - even if they would listen.

I think a good/bad example are gasoline prices. If the prices are high, then "the people" blame the government. Maybe the government is completely innocent and just have to accept international oil prices. Maybe the government is already doing things to make the situation better. But many people will still blame the government because those people don't know or don't care what is really happening.

I am sure it would be impossible to explain to the masses the relationship with Russia - even if they would try.

That really applies to many political decisions and processes which are usually complicated or perhaps ongoing. But that doesn't mean politicians should stay silent. They should at least provide an understandable summary of their actions/inaction,

1 hour ago, TKDfella said:

That really applies to many political decisions and processes which are usually complicated or perhaps ongoing. But that doesn't mean politicians should stay silent. They should at least provide an understandable summary of their actions/inaction,

An understandable summary to whom?

The Thai voters? 555

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, The Alien said:

Why Putin? You should be more concerned about your neighbor Myanmar.   Myanmar Junta is killing more innocent people than Putin. 

Facts, please. Most media sources I have read  indicate over 6,000 casualties in Ukraine vs 2,000 in Myanmar. Tragic and reprehensible in both instances, the main difference being an internal struggle in Myanmar by junta vs foreign agression against Ukraine by an individual despot's decree.

1 hour ago, Kwaibill said:

Facts, please. Most media sources I have read  indicate over 6,000 casualties in Ukraine vs 2,000 in Myanmar. Tragic and reprehensible in both instances, the main difference being an internal struggle in Myanmar by junta vs foreign agression against Ukraine by an individual despot's decree.

I would add the soldiers as "innocent lives" as well. Ukraine did not provoke a war and most of the Russian army does not want to fight this war either. So from that perspective Putin has already cost over 100.000 innocent lives.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

Maybe better for her to keep her opinion to herself. How much does she really know? If it is just what is in the news then she should think again until she can find out what is and what isnt true.

What part do you think is untrue Photoguy21?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Perhaps she gets her information from a variety of sources including the UN where it lists official civilian deaths and casualties since Putin's illegal invasion of Ukraine, which MSM also happen use as source.

Again, you people are giving her way too much credit. She's a simple country girl who can barely put an English sentence together. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

An understandable summary to whom?

The Thai voters? 555

Thai people! Whether they would react, care or be indifferent etc. is a different issue and is no excuse for politicians to stay silent.