Covid 4th shot?

Is Thailand recommending a follow-up booster shot after your first. If so what is there suggested time frame and are they offering it for free still? 

Assuming above his yes, any idea where it's available in Pattaya? I am aware it's available at the major hospitals. I'm thinking more of the outreach they had previously at shopping centres etc

Surprising how difficult it is to find this simple piece of information...

• Like 1

I can't answer your question about Pattaya, but I got my 4th COVID-19 vaccine shot in Phetchabun for free at a Lotus's (was Tesco) shopping center in April for free. But now, they aren't giving them out anymore. I think you'll probably have to go to a hospital to get one now. 

Edited by billsmart
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, phetphet said:

i wouldn't mind another Pfizer booster myself as I am going back to the UK in a few weeks and the infection numbers are increasing there. I might try a get a bivalent shot while there.

As long as you are over 55 you can get a booster shot within about a week in the UK. I went through my doctor but you can ring the covid line and go to a walk in centre.

I believe they have been modified to cater for the new variants. mine was Pfizer/BioNTech

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Dene16 said:

As long as you are over 55 you can get a booster shot within about a week in the UK. I went through my doctor but you can ring the covid line and go to a walk in centre.

I believe they have been modified to cater for the new variants. mine was Pfizer/BioNTech

Thanks.

I was wondering if I could just do a walk in as haven't been resident in the UK for  over seven years now.

I got a 4th booster shot in Bangkok at BangSue 4 months after the third shot because their was a flap going on about one of the strains and it was recommended at the time to bring booster shots forward. I can't remember the exact details now because they contacted my wife with the suggestion of the additional booster and I got mine at the same time.

51 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Thanks.

I was wondering if I could just do a walk in as haven't been resident in the UK for  over seven years now.

No you have to book an appointment. The fact you have been out of the UK for 7 years should make no difference.  Last year upon returning from Thailand i phoned up and went to a local fire station where they were doing the covid jabs, that was only 3 or 4 days before my appointment. Its all pretty well organised wherever you go to make sure it a quick in and out and minimal waiting.

• Thanks 1

On 10/26/2022 at 4:26 PM, 1 said:

Assuming above his yes,

correct, got a 4th.   I asked six doctor friends, all said do a 4th and only Pfizer.   So I did.

They will get a 5th...................I have a few months to decide.   Note:  I got the normal stuff after the 3rd shot, but NOT after the 4th.   felt pretty good, maybe a slight something.......much less than before.

33 minutes ago, jaideedave said:

IMHO perhaps they should look in the off mainstream news and do a tad of research 1st. I know of at least 3 pepes who have had fairly serious side effects with these shots.I was coerced into 2 because I was told that I wouldn't be able to renew my retire visa.I now regret that decision.

Off mainstream there are protocols to address your situation. 

On 10/26/2022 at 4:26 PM, 1 said:

Surprising how difficult it is to find this simple piece of information...

Not really.

It varies by location. Even within a province.

Suratthani does one thing, Samui does another.

In Samui, I had my fourth shot about 6 months ago.

Last week at my annual check up at a private hospital I was offered another shot - it was the last day that they were offering them.

I told the doc that I had already had four and she said not to bother then.

12 hours ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Why?

Congratulations of the relevant question. I didn't have a "booster" shot as soon as the government stopped making our lives miserable to force us to have one, and will not unless they do so again.

I did have the covid infection, despite the first 2 unwanted jabs, and lasted about 5 days, no worse than a cold, few weeks of long covid after, and back to normal.

Extremely happy I didn't have to take a third, unwanted, jab.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jaideedave said:

IMHO perhaps they should look in the off mainstream news and do a tad of research 1st. I know of at least 3 pepes who have had fairly serious side effects with these shots.I was coerced into 2 because I was told that I wouldn't be able to renew my retire visa.I now regret that decision.

I personally know someone that was so sick after his second jab that he thought he was dying.

I refused to take pfizer and waited till an alternative was available- just happy I didn't get bad side effects.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, jaideedave said:

Since about 12 billion have been administered I do not see your 3 (or maybe more, you seem unable to count higher) as relevant. We do not know how valid your IMHO is.... I might as well ask the cat perhaps. It has never ever been a requirement for a retirement extension (it is not a visa) so at best you appear ill informed and easily led.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/27/2022 at 6:19 PM, jaideedave said:

I kmow 3 people who have seen Bigfoot.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

I can confirm that Pattaya City Hospital, Soi Bukhao, has a Pfizer vaccine booster shot available on Fridays between 9:00 and 12:00 p.m.

Don't forget to take your passport. I was able to show them a picture of the main passport page and use my Thai driver's licence.

Also I don't know if it's required but I think out of respect you should wear a mask while in the hospital.

You have to register at the desk shown below in the picture. They will give you a registration form to complete which is only available in Thai. I will also include a screenshot of Google lens translate of the form which may be of some help.

When complete take it back to the same desk and they will enter your data into the system. Then take a seat and wait. This should only take 5 minutes and then they will give you back your form and you will be instructed to go to the 5th floor for your injection.

When a nurse is available just give them your registration form and wait to be called up for your injection.

The whole process took less than about 30 minutes and I arrived about 10:45 a.m.

I didn't enquire if any other injection types were available or if you were able to get your first or second injection. 

PXL_20221202_034635084.thumb.jpg.e9ed7186fa40f620915ba458b0a9c811.jpgScreenshot_20221202-110124.thumb.png.fae10efed329a2c1f2210186c08dbbb5.png

• Like 1

If their plan is to give a booster every six months then they should be starting to roll out jab #5 around about now. I had my second Pfizer booster (fourth shot) last July. Any news on the next round of boosters, hopefully it will one of be the new bivalent jabs like they're using in the UK now?

Edited by Guderian

13 hours ago, Guderian said:

If their plan is to give a booster every six months then they should be starting to roll out jab #5 around about now. I had my second Pfizer booster (fourth shot) last July. Any news on the next round of boosters, hopefully it will one of be the new bivalent jabs like they're using in the UK now?

I have no idea on what their plan is regarding booster shots which is why I posted the question on the forum.

But as to what number booster you should be on is all dependant upon when you had your first shot and probably a bunch of other factors.

I have no idea when they will be getting the updated vaccines but like most things here I won't be holding my breath. Though I'd be reasonably confident that the big private hospitals will probably have them available soon if they're not already available. But unlikely they would be free.

On 10/27/2022 at 4:19 AM, jaideedave said:

When COVID was very prevalent in the US I looked at the "off mainstream" Hermann Cain Awards reddit.

Primary info, not interpreted, it showed FB posts of vaccine skeptics who said all the same things we always hear.

Then they would stop abruptly or change to a play-by-play of COVID hospitalization and often death with posts taken over by family and friends.

One of the things that the MSM never showed was the horrors of death by COVID.

What is clear from Hermann Cain Award posts is that if you got bad COVID you didn't "go gentle into that good night".

Something I learned is that a lot of people in the US think that when you die you get "angels wings" which I think is theologically unsound.

Also, when you die you become a saint, people whose posts revealed that they were mean as a snake, after death were described as wonderful, kind, gentle people.

Looks very much like COVID infections are not as dangerous now as with previous strains so the choice is very different now.

For whatever reason the risk of infection is apparently much less now.

I have multiple risk factors so I have had 5 shots, the last one was the bivalent which I got in the US.

I would guess that most people have made up their mind by now.

Up to you.