What items would you bring in your luggage from USA?

Elkski

On 10/27/2022 at 7:16 AM, Lacessit said:

Plenty of condoms, all the ones in the stores here are too small.

yeah, most of my friends just buy silk parachutes and cut them into 4 equal parts... 

I don't need to do that..

But, my daddy can beat up your daddy... 

*** sorry, I couldn't help myself... 

Edited by 1FinickyOne

On 10/27/2022 at 1:24 AM, Elkski said:

Yes 2 bags of 23 kg per person are included in international flights.  Packing the Yamaha was kind of a joke.  But I do have the original owner trying to sell his to me.  I told him I think it's only worth 200-400$. But just yesterday he said he is still interested in selling it to me.  Perhaps he is wanting to trade against my bill for lots of handyman services rendered.   It would be perfect transport if I still had my truck camper.   I did eye some Reese's cups at checkout yesterday I think .88$ or 25 baht.  I do like em but can resist if they are not in the pantry.  I do miss the normal size Pringles when I'm in Thailand.   Perhaps 2 good 1 liter bottles of whiskey?  I also miss good cheese and bread.    Perhaps 5 kg of mesquite chunks for smoking some pork butts.  

better bring some RICE......AND PORK.....and french fries......some tomato sauce.....and hersheys chocolate..and some bourbon......and ice making machine......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favourite spices and spice mixes (Montreal Steak Spice Mix for example)

Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate with Raspberries

Chocolate Chip Granola Bars

Onion Soup Powder (for making chip dip)

Ranch Dressing Powder (for wing and veggie stick dip)

When deciding what to bring in either direction, you will have to consider the risk of getting stopped, and what tax and duties you might have to pay.

You might be unlucky and get stopped by Bangkok Customs officials who will surely hit you up with a large bill.

There are a few things that I want to buy from the US, but the postal and import tax almost doubles the cost. If stopped. Anything you bring will likely incur similar charges. Less postage of course.

Funnily enough. Last night, someone suggested I bring a few things back from my trip to the UK next month. Only UK sweets and foodstuffs. Suggested I could charge double and still be cheaper than buying here.

I tell you what though. Looking at the  price of brussel sprouts in Tops last week (see photo). I wish I could bring a suitcase full of those for Christmas. Would make a killing  selling to the expats. ????

IMG_1865.jpeg