Making friends with Thai men.

bob smith

Just now, bob smith said:

i have. many times. its just they dont take any interets in us unless we are paying.

Dont pay walk away. In NK this guy had no interest in free beers, works in Laos, spoke good English. Was keen to make new friends.

After 10 minutes you can tell if someone is worth befriending.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bob smith said:

is it any different in malaysia and burma tho? i mean do the local men get on with foreigners up there or is it the same old shtick? having never lived in either i am also curious

Lived for a year in Malaysia...similar story but at least there's more interaction there due to a common lingo. (English)

Lived in Indo too but I never tried it..too busy with the wimmenz ????

16 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

I am getting that picture of why Thais don't want to hang out with some of you lot haha

What a bunch of self-righteous windbags. 

Perhaps you are not capable of perceiving the supreme irony of your last sentence.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, marin said:

Lots of Thai men friends, lately most have been made through jogging and exercise. But for you be careful remember your adventure with a woman you "met" drinking. Got to Koh Chang and she wanted money. That was fun, and I wish you better luck. 

There you go. Common hobby.

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

you think this could be an underlying issue? do they think that they are too good for us? or maybe they are scared that their ego will take a bruising when next to a foriegner? i know thai men have big egos but surely not that big that they cant have a foreigner as a friend?

Is it only Thai men?

Do you have any friends i.e. from Japan, China, Korea, etc.? There are lots of guys with these nationalities in Thailand.

And it seems they all have their own culture. This is why there are areas full of Koreans and Korean shops. And i.e. lots of (Thai run) bars which are only specialized on Japanese customers.

13 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

If you want a Thai male friend you need a common hobby. I dont think guys just want to talk like women.

On Wednesday nights I go to running club and have few beers after and on Saturday mornings a loose crew of between 2-8 catch up for a lazy swim and a run then off to a cafe for breakfast.

Some women call our Saturday group the “Mens shed” ???? it’s not men only, women are welcome ????

My wife is mortified that we can hang out for 4 hours, just can’t understand it !

Edited by HighPriority
  • Like 1