Transfer from Non Imm B Visa (with WP) to Retirement Visa O in Bangkok.

Transfer from Non Imm B Visa (with WP) to Retirement Visa O in Bangkok.
Was just quoted (by an agent) a fee of 35,000 THB + 4,000 THB for Multi entry to make the switch. It was stated my bank book would not require the 800K THB. TBH, I didnt know such a service existed.

Does anyone have 1st hand experience of doing this visa conversation themselves in Bangkok that would be kind enough to share their experience?

You will not be changing  from a non-b visa to a non-o visa.  You will be changing the reason for your extension of stay based upon working to one based upon retirement.

You will need a termination letter from your employer to have your current extension of stay so you can change to a extension based upon retirement on or before the date on the termination letter.

You will need 800k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months on the day you do the change.

No reason to use a agent if you have the 800k baht in the bank.

It appears the agent is quoting the cost for applying for a non-o visa at immigration and then the one year extension that can only be done if you are on a tourist visa or visa exempt entry.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2022 at 7:18 AM, ubonjoe said:

You will not be changing  from a non-b visa to a non-o visa.  You will be changing the reason for your extension of stay based upon working to one based upon retirement.

You will need a termination letter from your employer to have your current extension of stay so you can change to a extension based upon retirement on or before the date on the termination letter.

You will need 800k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months on the day you do the change.

No reason to use a agent if you have the 800k baht in the bank.

It appears the agent is quoting the cost for applying for a non-o visa at immigration and then the one year extension that can only be done if you are on a tourist visa or visa exempt entry.

I've had similar experiences myself with the agents wanting to charge the same as converting from a tourist visa despite the fact I already hold a  non immigrant visa.  In the end I asked an immigration officer myself and she told me that the change of permission can be easily done.  I asked her if she could recommend an agent and she did.  The agent (or rather her friend) she recommended quoted me a touch more than their annual non-o retirement renewal fee.