GPS car tracker

Nemises

Are you afraid of theft, or are you trying to track the GF when she is out and about.  Many shops will install the systems and you will need a separate sim card which you will need to pay for in order for the GPS to work and give you updates.  If you are using it to track your partner, make sure they place the unit under the dash in a place she will not see it and ensure they also do not place any of there company logo stickers on the vehicle.  The one I had in my Truck up north was of the type where I could disable the engine start and the vehicle would be left in place.  I did this for theft recovery and not to track the GF at the time.  A friend however used it to track his GF on his vehicle, and when he found her location, she was cheating on him, he disabled the vehicle using the feature I described.  However, she could not start the vehicle, called a tow truck, who looked under the dash, and well end of story.....

29 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

you will need a separate sim card which you will need to pay for in order for the GPS to work and give you updates. 

My car system does not need a sim and tracks and stores free on GPS whenever the car is switched on.  just like the GPS mapping on my car android display and  the cat's GPS chip,  Readout, on both car and cat,  can be accessed by an app on my phone.  It was fitted as an option by the dealer, but i know that the local car electronics chap at out local Lotus Super Store fits them too. . 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/31/2022 at 11:12 AM, Doctor Tom said:

My car system does not need a sim and tracks and stores free on GPS whenever the car is switched on.  just like the GPS mapping on my car android display and  the cat's GPS chip,  Readout, on both car and cat,  can be accessed by an app on my phone.  It was fitted as an option by the dealer, but i know that the local car electronics chap at out local Lotus Super Store fits them too. . 

Could you provide details such as name and cost?

36 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Could you provide details such as name and cost?

It was an option fitted by Toyota  when the car was new.  I'm not sure what the cost was, but as my whole 'in car' Android display unit only cost 3,000 Baht, it can't have been much for the tracker.  Sorry, I don't have the make. 

• Like 1

I sometimes use 'Find My Mobile' if I want to see where Mrs J is. I dont like phoning when she is driving as she quite often forgets to connect her phone to the car. 

I just log in with her google details and it shows me where she is.  

Think I google 'Find my Samsung Phone' or something close to that. Recently I see that she has got a lot better and connects her phone before she drives off. Amazing ... its only taken her a few years for the advantage of doing that to sink in .... She tends to put her handbag on the floor behind her seat ... phone inside!

On 10/31/2022 at 11:05 AM, In Full Agreement said:

How is that different than using the "Find My Phone"  app?

The tech is slightly different... It still uses the ‘Find My Phone’ app... but in a different manner. 

Phones are pinging to Wifi and Cell towers all the time, so they are easily tracked with their active GPS. 

The Air-tag tech relies on this and passively communicates to ‘any’ apple device (via bluetooth) within range (30m) with its ‘individual ID’...  that info (encrypted) reaches a network....  The more people who have their iPhone on / nearby, the more frequently and accurate the tag is tracked (it can only be tracked by the person its registered to and only by one phone / login at a time).

IF everyone turned off their devices or stopped using iPhones the air-tags wouldn't work...