90 day reporting reset when leaving and re-entering Thailand?

On the Thai immigration website it says:

If a foreigner leaves the country and re-enters, the day count starts at 1 in every case.

Does that indeed mean what I think it does? If I leave Thailand and then re-enter (for example for a short vacation outside of Thailand), does the 90 day clock reset?

I have done successful online reports in the past and I recently received the [TM47] Notification for alien before the next appointment email reminder. I have then tried to do the online reporting but my application got rejected. Could that be because I recently went on a trip abroad and my report is not due yet?

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Did you change your entry date to the new before doing the report.

I have used the old entry date when I moved to Thailand around 1 year ago.

You will do your report online up to the 90 days after you enter the country. When done you will need to change your entry date to the new

I came back to Thailand last week after a short trip abroad. I guess that means I need to wait until the end of January to do the next report. Do you know if I will get a reminder email then? In other words, does their system know that I have been outside of the country?

7 minutes ago, Katsura said:

Do you know if I will get a reminder email then?

Doubt it.

Overlook the email reminder and calculate the 90 day count yourself from date you reentered.

Obviously when you do online report change the enter date.

Auto fill the rest. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Katsura said:

I have used the old entry date when I moved to Thailand around 1 year ago.

Immigration may of confirmed the entry date was correct by checking their recorst that would show you new entry date.

15 minutes ago, Katsura said:

I came back to Thailand last week after a short trip abroad. I guess that means I need to wait until the end of January to do the next report. Do you know if I will get a reminder email then? In other words, does their system know that I have been outside of the country?

You will need to wait until January to do your report, Count the days and do the report before the 90 days. You can do it up to 2 weeks before that day.

You will not get a reminder to do the report. The system will on have have your old entry date. Be sure you change it when you do the report.

19 hours ago, Katsura said:

I recently received the [TM47] Notification for alien before the next appointment email reminder.

That's because the TM47 report system online is not connected to the immigration exit/entry systems I would guess and is a flaw the TM47 notification process when you subsequently leave the country - to be ignored.

This has been asked and answered several times in this forum. If you live in Hua Hin please note that the immigration office here requires you to do 90 days reporting no matter if and when you leave and return to the country (implemented when the TM6 arrival form was abolished). However, I don't report online as the IO is a few minutes from my house, but I can confirm this based on clear instructions received just a few days ago.