UK Immigration problem

superal

1 hour ago, rickudon said:

Although my politics are left of centre, immigration in the UK is a problem. Forget 'human rights' people in the UK have rights too. Time to get tough.

1. legal migration exists, and will continue to do so.

2 Illegal entry into the UK is a crime, and anyone who lands in the UK should be considered as a criminal. Automatic fine for illegal entry. All services provided to them have to be paid for, including making them pay the NHS surcharge. All debts must be paid before the possibility of right of remain can be given.

3. Anyone from a safe country is automatically deported (40,000 of this years illegal migrants are Albanians).

4. Failed Asylum seekers get one appeal only, then automatic deportation.

5. No rights to benefits for asylum seekers until right to remain given.

6. No family members can join them unless they are employed and repaying their debts, usual migration rules apply.

7. Failure to obtain work or pay debts can result in deportation. If cannot be deported, they will be detained.

That's for starters. Obviously a lot more involved than this.

I wonder if all the moaners/BREXIT op-posers with no answers or solutions would care to either agree with the above or make positive alternative proposals without spouting the usual BREXIT/Labour/election alternative?

1 hour ago, soi3eddie said:

There are a great many people in the UK right now who are fed up with living there. For one reason or another (financial, family, work or health) they are not able to relocate to a place they would rather be. 

Are they the same illegal criminal migrants that have realised they were sold a pup by their handlers to break into the UK?

Edited by DezLez

7 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I'm not sure how seriously it was tried.  The current system certainly isn't working, and working together with other European countries rather than the ridiculous Little Englander attitude of the current and previous governments can only be an improvement.  I do accept, however, that it isn't going to happen - not for at least 5 years when the clamour to rejoin the EU may be unstoppable. ????

I think I read it would be 10:years before they can reapply. And even then, would they be accepted ? That boat has sunk.

13 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

To be realistic , the UK has a labour shortage at the moment and with the lack of Europeans coming to the UK to work , those Albanians may come in handy to fill those job vacancies

Yours is the first comment to point to a win win outcome.

I know the Kipper type posters on here will explode on reading this but here goes: 

UK public services are stretched to the limit. NHS is close to breaking point with immigrant doctors and nurses leaving partly because of hostility towards them heightened since 2016. Add to this the fact that growers are leaving vegetables to rot in fields and fruit to perish unpicked on trees because 90% of the (mostly) Polish workers went home and I don't see how  anyone can deny that UK needs migrant workers more than ever now.

Get the fit, young Channel Hoppers processed on arrival and put to work. This would please the Little Englanders cos it would save on the cost of luxury which they (Channel Hoppers) currently enjoy in "4 or 5 star hotels".

In answer to the OP's question: No.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Red Forever said:

Get the fit, young Channel Hoppers processed on arrival and put to work.

And if they don't want that kind of work ? They can probably find hard manual work for low wages where they came from. If they have paid a trafficker a large sum just to get here they are likely looking for more lucrative employment.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

There are a great many people in the UK right now who are fed up with living there. For one reason or another (financial, family, work or health) they are not able to relocate to a place they would rather be. 

Totally agree with you. Most of the folks who can leave have already left.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Denim said:

And if they don't want that kind of work ? They can probably find hard manual work for low wages where they came from. If they have paid a trafficker a large sum just to get here they are likely looking for more lucrative employment.

Whilst i take your point, the fact is most of them are not going to be qualified Doctors or Lawyers etc, so what are they going to get a job as? A Criminal?

56 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

Whilst i take your point, the fact is most of them are not going to be qualified Doctors or Lawyers etc, so what are they going to get a job as? A Criminal?

Good question. I think a lot of them would like to look for work in the building trade where they can be based in a more urban environment and earn better wages. My mothers previous next door neighbor had a large extension built. Foreman English , three semi skilled workmen were Romanian. As with Thai agricultural workers who flit between seasonal agricultural work and the building sector.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikeymike100 said:

I know life’s tough in the UK right now but are there no other options between health professional and criminal?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I know life’s tough in the UK right now but are there no other options between health professional and criminal?

Quite so and I do take your point and I was attempting sarcasm.

The thing is most of these guys probably don't even speak English, so there is a very limited number of jobs they can do, lucrative or otherwise?

20 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

Quite so and I do take your point and I was attempting sarcasm.

The thing is most of these guys probably don't even speak English, so there is a very limited number of jobs they can do, lucrative or otherwise?

Whenever the subject of learning English comes up I’m always mindful of the fact the thickest Englishman I know speaks perfectly understandable English.

I’d go as far as to say English fluency is what enables a lot of really dim people to reveal the absence of their intellect. 

English is not difficult to learn for those motivated to do so.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

On 11/3/2022 at 1:46 PM, DezLez said:

It is easy to criticise and complain but you have not answered questions put to you asking what your proposed  solutions are!

The tories have been at the helm for 12 years during which time they tried to cut back on everything. Brexit was primarily aimed at cutting back immigration, but failed miserably.

The obvious proposal would be a change in government.

2 minutes ago, sandyf said:

The tories have been at the helm for 12 years during which time they tried to cut back on everything. Brexit was primarily aimed at cutting back immigration, but failed miserably.

The obvious proposal would be a change in government.

Do you realise that Brexit wasn't a Tory thing ?

If Labour supporters hadn't voted for Brexit, it wouldn't have happened 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Do you realise that Brexit wasn't a Tory thing ?

If Labour supporters hadn't voted for Brexit, it wouldn't have happened 

Apologies, I was under the impression that the architect David Cameron was a Tory.

26 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Apologies, I was under the impression that the architect David Cameron was a Tory.

The only MP that supported Brexit was the Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn.

None of the Tories ever wanted to leave.

And the current Labour leader has firmly stated Labour have no intention to rejoin.

Edited by BritManToo

43 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The only MP that supported Brexit was the Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn.

None of the Tories ever wanted to leave.

And the current Labour leader has firmly stated Labour have no intention to rejoin.

Tories came in 2010, the brexit vote was in 2016

Are you really trying to disagree with my original point that brexit came about under tory rule.

"None of the Tories ever wanted to leave"

That statement reinforces my point, when a party votes for something they do not want, they shouldn't be in government.

On 11/3/2022 at 11:39 AM, superal said:

I am surprised that the oppositions leader has chosen to dwell and nit pick on this .

Unfortunately, Labour have characterised themselves as the party of progressive wokeness.  This means they have to back anything that has to do with LGBT, diversity, immigration, etc..  So they've kind of backed themselves into a corner, where anything goes.

On 11/3/2022 at 11:39 AM, superal said:

I , for one , am backing her . Do you agree ?

I think that every party should be agreeing to tackle immigration, as it is becoming a big concern.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Funding for the N.H.S has increased by 51 Billion Pounds since 2010 and staff increased by 200 000 people . 

So what are you trying to say, that was more than enough, pre pandemic everything was hunky dory, no waiting lists and social care running smoothly.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Apology accepted , David Cameron was a remainer and he resigned his position as PM when the vote went against his beliefs of remaining in the E.U 

Doesn't matter what his views were, he was responsible for putting the Referendum Bill before parliament without a white paper, making brexit another tory fiasco.

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

Doesn't matter what his views were, he was responsible for putting the Referendum Bill before parliament without a white paper, making brexit another tory fiasco.

Yes, Because voters were moving to Brexit political parties like UKIP and they were gaining popularity and far right groups were gaining popularity .

The only way to stop the shift to the Right was to hold a referendum , because thats what the people wanted .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No, that wasn't what I was trying to say .

I was trying to say what I said 

It was quite obvious you were trying to say that an increase less than it should be is not a cutback in your view.

People should be grateful for any increase, why should inflation come into it.