Non IMM 3 month health cover

Hi 

seem to be struggling a bit with this need 450,000 cover with 40,000 outpatient ,,,does any company actually offer this …Axa telling me take year policy then cancel it and get 65%refund .

pacific prime useless and can’t seem to see anything with pacific cross..

anyone used the Thai expat club service???

any links appreciated.

I assume you are applying for a non-o visa based upon retirement at a embassy or consulate.

That may because the non-oa visa now requires $100,000 or 3 million baht of coverage.

You should be able to find insurance in the amount for the non-o visa. Requirements follow.

"2.6 Applicant must be medically insured for the entire period of stay in Thailand with the following coverage:
– Outpatient benefit with a sum insured of not less than 40,000 THB, and
– Inpatient benefit with a sum insured of not less than  400,000 THB"

Edit: You could apply for a non-o visa at immigration after entering with a tourist visa or visa exempt that does not require any insurance.

Edited by ubonjoe

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you are applying for a non-o visa based upon retirement at a embassy or consulate.

That may because the non-oa visa now requires $100,000 or 3 million baht of coverage.

You should be able to find insurance in the amount for the non-o visa. Requirements follow.

"2.6 Applicant must be medically insured for the entire period of stay in Thailand with the following coverage:
– Outpatient benefit with a sum insured of not less than 40,000 THB, and
– Inpatient benefit with a sum insured of not less than  400,000 THB"

Edit: You could apply for a non-o visa at immigration after entering with a tourist visa or visa exempt that does not require any insurance.

Yes applying from Uk,,Only problem applying in thailand would E2E28B9C-E276-4308-ADB9-0588B67145BB.thumb.jpeg.a4fea1c17b65616f7a5d4082d077fea1.jpeg need to move the 800,000 bht in,would rather sort this from Uk first but as usual thai immigration asking for something that no one really supplies.

every else uploaded apart from this insurance

Contact Jeanine Hermanussen, Jenny, at AA Insurance Brokers ([email protected]). If you send her your date of birth, she will be able to quote you a policy, and more importantly, provide you with the health certificate that you need for your application. (Once you complete an the online application and pay for your premium.)

The basic rates for coverage, that she sent me after my initial inquiry was:

30 days | 40 EUR
60 days | 80 EUR
90 days | 120 EUR
180 days | 300 EUR
270 days | 450 EUR
365 days | 600 EUR

She has been excellent in my interactions with her, and lightning fast, especially considering the massive time difference. (I'm in the USA, so we are roughly 12 hours apart). I would highly recommend her. Whether the insurance coverage is any good, I have no idea, but it is very reasonably priced to get you the certificate that you need.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...