Extension of the 45 days on arrival?

On 11/24/2022 at 7:15 AM, Des1 said:

I went this morning to get a 30 day extension to my visa-exempt. I just assumed it was done at CW. Wrong! I had to go to the 3rd floor, IT Square Laksi, just a few km from CW. There were two extra forms to fill out when I got there. Simple forms just acknowledging various rules, not much more than a signature. It was an efficient setup with the first desk making sure the paperwork was in order before giving a number to proceed. So, just a heads up if there are other sleepy heads like me thinking of going to CW.

Sorry, what is CW and where did you have to go to get your extension?...

1 minute ago, coralia said:

Sorry, what is CW and where did you have to go to get your extension?...

It is the main immigration office in Bangkok that is located at the Chaeng Wattana government complex.

He went to IT Sqaure Laksi Plaza shown at the bottom of the webpage.

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/courses/muangthongthani-will_be-closed/

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is the main immigration office in Bangkok that is located at the Chaeng Wattana government complex.

He went to IT Sqaure Laksi Plaza shown at the bottom of the webpage.

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/courses/muangthongthani-will_be-closed/

Is it close to a SkyTrain /subway station?

And does it have to be done in Bangkok?

19 minutes ago, coralia said:

Is it close to a SkyTrain /subway station?

Yes

Quote of info on that webpage. "Travel by Sky Train (SRT) : Dark Red Line (Lak Si Station) (Exit 1 or Exit 2)"

Also shown on this map (link on webpage). https://goo.gl/maps/EScEqeak4Psqr59g7

If staying in Bangkok you have to do it there.

You can go to another province and apply if you have proof you are staying that province (TM 30 report from a hotel for example).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes

Quote of info on that webpage. "Travel by Sky Train (SRT) : Dark Red Line (Lak Si Station) (Exit 1 or Exit 2)"

You can go to another province and apply if you have proof you are staying that province (TM 30 report from a hotel for example).

Thank you ????

I had a notion that this was somewhere else completely... Somewhere between Silom and Sathorn... forgot the name of the road... I was there once, the last time I got a visa extension.... many years ago....

2 minutes ago, coralia said:

Thank you ????

I had a notion that this was somewhere else completely... Somewhere between Silom and Sathorn... forgot the name of the road... I was there once, the last time I got a visa extension.... many years ago....

Suan Phlu?

On 11/5/2022 at 3:53 AM, DrJack54 said:

You can obtain a 30 extension to your 45 day visa exempt extension at immigration office where you are located.

You can exit Thailand and reenter via land (border bounce) or via air and receive another 45 plus that can be extended by 30. 

So just there we have 150days. 

Regarding on what is required for extensions.......

TM7 form (with photo) 

Some basic copies of passport pages 

TM30 which is address notification (hotel can provide that)

1900baht. 

Entering visa exempt via air, the airline at departure may want to see onward flight.

This is discussed in many threads with various options outlined. Not difficult. 

Regarding the TM30... A month ago at Suvarnabhumi I was told by a tourist police officer that TM30 is now cancelled and tourists don't need it (I explicitly asked about it)...

I can't believe they were talking complete nonsense...

22 minutes ago, drfu said:

Regarding the TM30... A month ago at Suvarnabhumi I was told by a tourist police officer that TM30 is now cancelled and tourists don't need it (I explicitly asked about it)...

Most tourists would be staying in hotels that are required to do the TM30 reports. Guests of hotels don't normally get a copy of the report receipt from a hotel.

If staying in a private residence nobody would be asking for it unless they go to immigration to apply for a extension of stay at immigration it would be needed at most offices now.;

4 hours ago, drfu said:

Is that the form we were always given to fill in on the flight to Thailand?

15 minutes ago, coralia said:

Is that the form we were always given to fill in on the flight to Thailand?

That was the TM6 form you completed. They are not being given out at this time.

A TM30 form is used to report the arrival of a person at a residence. Hotels do them online.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Most tourists would be staying in hotels that are required to do the TM30 reports. Guests of hotels don't normally get a copy of the report receipt from a hotel.

If staying in a private residence nobody would be asking for it unless they go to immigration to apply for a extension of stay at immigration it would be needed at most offices now.;

I have a 1-year lease on a condo in PTY. When I applied for my O visa at Jomtien in August I needed a copy of the owner's house book AND the owner's work permit!

14 minutes ago, Peabody said:

I have a 1-year lease on a condo in PTY. When I applied for my O visa at Jomtien in August I needed a copy of the owner's house book AND the owner's work permit!

You are under different rules than tourists are for TM30 reporting since you are on a extension of stay.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You are under different rules than tourists are for TM30 reporting since you are on a extension of stay.

What happens if I come to Thailand and stay with a friend in her condo? As a tourist, for a month or so. I am not planning to do this now, but I always thought of it as an option. Now I realize that it could be problematic?

1 hour ago, coralia said:

What happens if I come to Thailand and stay with a friend in her condo? As a tourist, for a month or so. I am not planning to do this now, but I always thought of it as an option. Now I realize that it could be problematic?

For a stay of under 90 days along with no intention to apply for extension or interact with immigration you would do nothing.

On other hand as one example if you entered eg tourist visa (60 days) and wanted to obtain 30 day extension then you would need to have a TM30. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

For a stay of under 90 days along with no intention to apply for extension or interact with immigration you would do nothing.

On other hand as one example if you entered eg tourist visa (60 days) and wanted to obtain 30 day extension then you would need to have a TM30. 

I see. Thank you. Good to know. 

Looking at the location of the Immigration Office in Lak Si, I realize that I have never been in those parts... and I had no idea that the Sky Train went so far north! Is that a new line?... Or new stations built in recent years?...

I see there are high-end hotels and resorts at affordable prices in that area. Is it worth staying there? I am struggling with choosing new hotels because the ones where I used to stay are all closed ????  Plus I haven't been to Thailand in 3 years....

15 minutes ago, coralia said:

I see. Thank you. Good to know. 

Looking at the location of the Immigration Office in Lak Si, I realize that I have never been in those parts... and I had no idea that the Sky Train went so far north! Is that a new line?... Or new stations built in recent years?...

I see there are high-end hotels and resorts at affordable prices in that area. Is it worth staying there? I am struggling with choosing new hotels because the ones where I used to stay are all closed ????  Plus I haven't been to Thailand in 3 years....

The Red line to Laksi is newish

As for staying in that area no imo.

Personally wouldn't recommend that area. 

Many nice areas in Bangkok. 

Anywhere near BTS and MRT is a good plan..

On 11/25/2022 at 3:37 PM, ubonjoe said:

Yes

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You can always use the old standby of Sukhumvit BTS to Mo Chit, taxi from there to the immigration office, no more than 150bt  (one way). Taxi drivers often drive that route because of the many foreigners wanting to go there.

38 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Is it dangerous? I have seen some 4* resorts at good prices. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Des1 said:

You can always use the old standby of Sukhumvit BTS to Mo Chit, taxi from there to the immigration office, no more than 150bt  (one way). Taxi drivers often drive that route because of the many foreigners wanting to go there.

I never take taxis. If the Sky Train goes there it's fine.

1 minute ago, coralia said:

Is it dangerous? I have seen some 4* resorts at good prices. 

Is this a wind up.

Most areas in Bangkok are very safe.

Definitely more than many western countries 

As for many hotels of good quality in Laksi area???

There are good to 5 star ..everywhere.

If you are looking for 4* hotels why even ask about cheap ways to get to immigration.

Can't think of any reason to stay Laksi area

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Is this a wind up.

Most areas in Bangkok are very safe.

Definitely more than many western countries 

As for many hotels of good quality in Laksi area???

There are good to 5 star ..everywhere.

If you are looking for 4* hotels why even ask about cheap ways to get to immigration.

Can't think of any reason to stay Laksi area

Normally I can't afford 4* resorts but I noticed that in that area they seemed to be cheaper, and also close to BTS stations. That's why I asked about the area ????‍♀️  Sorry for the wind up!...

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2022 at 6:22 AM, DrJack54 said:

Two weeks is a good idea.

Can be done up till day of expiry but seriously not a good idea.

30 day extension will start from end of your current permit. 

Doesn't hurt to clarify that with the io at the very start. 

About the 30-day extension of the 45-day visa exemption... Can I go to Immigration and ask for the 30-day extension within the first week of my arrival in Thailand?

I am worried because I am looking at buying a flight ticket for 74 days (so I am assuming that I will get the extension). Flight tickets are so expensive now, and if I'll have to make any change to the ticket later it will cost me even more... So I would like to apply for the extension as soon as I arrive in Thailand, to make sure that I can stay for 74 days. I hope that makes sense...

6 hours ago, coralia said:

I would like to apply for the extension as soon as I arrive in Thailand, to make sure that I can stay for 74 days. I hope that makes sense...

For the 30 day extension obtained at immigration a flight out is not required.

The onward flight can be asked for by the airline at departure for your flight to Thailand by the AIRLINE.

Your return flight within the 75 days (45+30) hopefully would be accepted by the airline.

Some people use "onwardflight.com" to rent a flight for this issue. 

On 11/9/2022 at 1:57 AM, ultramarine said:

Also is it best to print out and fill out the TM7 beforehand or can you fill it out on the spot at immigration?

In Pattaya, as you enter the immigration on your left is an office. If you just take the passport with you, they will fill up the required form, make all necessary copies, take pics and make the bundle ready for 200 baht. You go to the immigration office, take a number and wait. I bet there must be a place like that in Bangkok also. I have not visited Bangkok (CW) office since 2011. I remember there used to be a place like that in the basement also. Not sure how much is the  current rate or if it still exists or not. 

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 12:40 AM, coralia said:

Thank you. I see entry requirements differ for Cambodia and Vietnam.... Vietnam still requiring travel insurance for Covid, as opposed to Cambodia and Thailand who don't.

Things may have changed but I went to Vietnam for 10 days at the end of October and didn't need Covid insurance.  I got an eVisa.

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

For the 30 day extension obtained at immigration a flight out is not required.

The onward flight can be asked for by the airline at departure for your flight to Thailand by the AIRLINE.

Your return flight within the 75 days (45+30) hopefully would be accepted by the airline.

Some people use "onwardflight.com" to rent a flight for this issue. 

My question was: can I apply for the 30-day extension as soon as I arrive in Thailand? Within the first week?

29 minutes ago, coralia said:

My question was: can I apply for the 30-day extension as soon as I arrive in Thailand? Within the first week?

It would be up to the immigration office. 

Is there a reason to obtain it so early. Example travel plans etc

Edited by DrJack54