Extension of the 45 days on arrival?

35 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

It would be up to the immigration office. 

Is there a reason to obtain it so early. Example travel plans etc

Yes - as I mentioned before, I want to buy a flight ticket for 74 days, so I want to be in Thailand for 45+29 days. I can show them the flight ticket.

2 minutes ago, coralia said:

Yes - as I mentioned before, I want to buy a flight ticket for 74 days, so I want to be in Thailand for 45+29 days. I can show them the flight ticket.

They're not interested In a flight ticket when you apply for an extension.

Some immigration offices might be willing to let you apply this early, but others are not. You could try.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, coralia said:

Still don't follow 

So you enter visa exempt 45 days.

Subsequently obtain a 30 day extension. 

The flight out will not be required to obtain the extension.

The extension has nothing to do with flight out of Thailand.

An onward flight may be required by airline at departure when you fly to Thailand. 

So again , why do you want the 30 day extension done straight away.

Some want to do that if staying somewhere remote. 

Eg Obtain in Bangkok then travel to an island

Edited by DrJack54

47 minutes ago, coralia said:

Book your ticket round trip. Assuming you’re coming from the USA, a round trip ticket with a 74 day stay the airline won’t bother you. 
Get your extension two weeks before your 30/45 day expires is what’s generally done.

If you decide to modify your plans after you get here, then do so after you get your extension. 

Edited by novacova

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Still don't follow 

So you enter visa exempt 45 days.

Subsequently obtain a 30 day extension. 

The flight out will not be required to obtain the extension.

The extension has nothing to do with flight out of Thailand.

An onward flight may be required by airline at departure when you fly to Thailand. 

So again , why do you want the 30 day extension done straight away.

Some want to do that if staying somewhere remote. 

Eg Obtain in Bangkok then travel to an island

I want to get the extension straight away to make sure that I have it!!!

If for some reason they don't give me the extension then I have to leave Thailand after 45 days, right?

So buying a ticket for 74 days is a gamble......

And yes, I want to get the extension while I'm in Bangkok. That too.

1 minute ago, coralia said:

I want to get the extension straight away to make sure that I have it!!!

If for some reason they don't give me the extension then I have to leave Thailand after 45 days, right?

So buying a ticket for 74 days is a gamble......

And yes, I want to get the extension while I'm in Bangkok. That too.

Your application for 30 day extension will  NOT be rejected.

You do not need to worry about that.

Even it was rejected (won't happen) then you could do a border bounce and obtain visa exempt entry.

Be aware that since you plan to obtain extension in Bangkok and entered visa exempt, you will attend Laksi IT Mall and not CW. 

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Your application for 30 day extension will  NOT be rejected.

You do not need to worry about that.

Even it was rejected (won't happen) then you could do a border bounce and obtain visa exempt entry.

Be aware that since you plan to obtain extension in Bangkok and entered visa exempt, you will attend Laksi IT Mall and not CW. 

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Leon1980 said:

My visa exempt expires on Dec 21. 

If I go early my extension will begin on December 21, not the day I do extension?. 

Thanks

Yes, no matter when you apply, it will start to run when your current permission to stay ends.

• Thanks 1

I got my 30-day extension yesterday, Dec 8, with 7 days remaining on the 45 exempt.

What surprised me was the fact that the IO did not in the slightest check my passport number against the number I had filled in on the TM7.  I even had to point out that the TM30 was stapled into my passport!

She spent most of the time I was at her desk talking to my (Thai) wife and pointing out that I could instead have applied for a 60-day visa (with extension) or for a visa based on marriage (with "only" 400k in the bank in my wife's name).

In other words, she appeared more interested in selling a more expensive way of staying longer term than 45+30 in the country. Weird.

(Expensive?  well, the extension does cost 1900 baht!)

Edited by blazes

4 hours ago, blazes said:

I got my 30-day extension yesterday, Dec 8, with 7 days remaining on the 45 exempt.

What surprised me was the fact that the IO did not in the slightest check my passport number against the number I had filled in on the TM7.  I even had to point out that the TM30 was stapled into my passport!

She spent most of the time I was at her desk talking to my (Thai) wife and pointing out that I could instead have applied for a 60-day visa (with extension) or for a visa based on marriage (with "only" 400k in the bank in my wife's name).

In other words, she appeared more interested in selling a more expensive way of staying longer term than 45+30 in the country. Weird.

(Expensive?  well, the extension does cost 1900 baht!)

Hmmmmmm... ????

TM30 is the form the hotel gave you?

And what is TM7? I forgot.....

Tedious reading, overthinking things, it's really quite simple, get the 45 days when you arrive, please do the residence TM30 within 3 days of arrival in Thailand, either through a hotel or if staying in a residence, with the home ownership document, and their ID/Passport copy, then get your 30 day extension about 10 or 12 days before your 45 days expires, and you're right as rain.  Enjoy your trip to beautiful Thailand!

On 11/7/2022 at 1:34 AM, coralia said:

Is a trip to Cambodia by air a good option? I have never been to Cambodia. If I go to Cambodia for 5-6 days and return to Thailand I can get a second 45-day visa exempt entry? I wonder if Cambodia is safe and how it compares to Thailand ????

Cambodia is certainly safe.

10 hours ago, coralia said:

Hmmmmmm... ????

TM30 is the form the hotel gave you?

And what is TM7? I forgot.....

The hotel will give you a screenshot of the TM30 however you need to ask them for it.

When checking in at hotel make sure to confirm that they do make TM30 reports.

If they do not then find another hotel.

The TM7 form is the actual form for the extension.

It requires a photo. Cost 1900 baht for extension. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Love It 1

15 hours ago, blazes said:

pointing out that I could instead have applied for a 60-day visa (with extension) or for a visa based on marriage (with "only" 400k in the bank in my wife's name).

In other words, she appeared more interested in selling a more expensive way of staying longer term than 45+30 in the country. Weird

Why so cynical? The IO has nothing to gain from you taking a marriage extension. My understanding is that it's the same price as your 30 day extension anyway.

It just seems to me that, on this particular occasion at least, the IO was simply trying to be helpful by telling you about ways you could stay longer if you wanted to.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/26/2022 at 5:42 PM, DrJack54 said:

For a stay of under 90 days along with no intention to apply for extension or interact with immigration you would do nothing.

On other hand as one example if you entered eg tourist visa (60 days) and wanted to obtain 30 day extension then you would need to have a TM30. 

Hello,

I entered visa exempt then got a Non-O Visa retirement at Chaengwattana. I gave them a copy of TM30 for the condo I rent in Bangkok. Next week I will go again to CW to get a year extension. Is it OK to show them the same TM30 as for Non-O visa ?

In the meantime I went to Phuket where the hotel made also a TM30, I guess. I don't know if my owner in Bangkok made a new TM30 when I was back and if it will be checked at CW.

Thanks

6 hours ago, daejung said:

Next week I will go again to CW to get a year extension. Is it OK to show them the same TM30 as for Non-O visa ?

Show them the same TM30 you used previously. 

The TM30 for Phuket should not be mentioned, if is , just say that you took short trip and now back Bangkok where you live. 

• Thanks 1