90-Day Reporting Start Date

I am a little confused about when I need to do the 90-day reporting for the first time.

I initially entered Thailand with a Tourist Visa back on Aug 5.

Then on Sep 20, I went to get my visa extended on the basis of visiting my wife.

Could anyone please advise what would be the correct date of my first 90-day reporting?

Also, can I use the online system for this first reporting?

Thank you in advance!

Report due within 90 days after entry.

Want to figure out the date that is exactly ninety days from Aug 5, 2022 without counting?

Your starting date is August 5, 2022 so that means that 90 days later would be November 3, 2022.

Can report 7 days late in person.

Do it now. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1

Your due date for 90-reporting fell on 2 November. However, you now have a grace period lasting until 8 November (i.e. next Tuesday!) inclusive in order to report in person at your local immigration office. It will no longer be possible for you to report using the online system on this occasion in any event.

Edited by OJAS

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

"Your starting date is August 15, 2021 so that means that 90 days later would be November 13, 2021."

Is not his starting date, in fact, 5 August 2022 (when he originally entered Thailand with a tourist visa), 89 days from which (allowing for the fact that 5 November counts as Day 1) was by my reckoning 2 November 2022? And in calculating the 7-day grace period, is not the expiry date likewise reckoned on the basis of 2 November counting as Day 1 (meaning that he needs to leg it down to his immigration office on Monday or Tuesday next week)?

3 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Is not his starting date, in fact, 5 August 2022

I did edit just as you posted. .

I calculated from Aug 15 ...instead of Aug 5.

Thanks.

Bottom line he needs to report in person now.

As you pointed out. 

Edited by DrJack54

My original confusion stems from the below quoted line from this page.

5. The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

Since I did get an extension once, and thought the 90 day may have now counted from Sep 20.

So in conclusion, I actually need to do the reporting now?

Edited by EdwardM

12 hours ago, marin said:

Yes you do. Also register your address so you can do it oniine in the future. 

If by that you mean submit a completed TM30 form, he will likely have already done that when he applied (successfully) for a 60-day extension for the purposes of visiting his wife on 20 September.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your help so far.

So to report in person, do all I need are my passport and the TM47 form? Can I grab the form at the immigration office and fill it there?

Additionally, I am planning to go apply for a change of visa to Non-O next week (doing it a bit early as my current extension allows me to stay until Dec 2).

Since I will need to go do the 90-day reporting in person as well, I'm thinking I might as well apply for Non-O on the same day, then do the 90-day reporting. Hopefully, it will not be deemed too early for me to apply for Non-O.

Edited by EdwardM

19 minutes ago, EdwardM said:

So to report in person, do all I need are my passport and the TM47 form? Can I grab the form at the immigration office and fill it there?

Yes You can download: TM47 Form Fillable.pdf80.13 kB · 2205 downloads

19 minutes ago, EdwardM said:

Additionally, I am planning to go apply for a change of visa to Non-O next week (doing it a bit early as my current extension allows me to stay until Dec 2).

You need to do it at least 15 days before December 2nd.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, blackshadow said:

could it start when you arrive back in thailand......now this is a difficult question to answer !!!!!!!!!!!!!

After entering the country your report is due 90 days from the day your arrive.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I was at the immigration today and the staff told me I did not need to do the 90-day reporting.

They told me as long as I was not informed of the date to come report at the time when I got my extension stamp (wife visit extension), I don't need to do it.