is it possible to arrange transfer of your medical records to another government hospital?

jippytum

Hi,

I have received excellent medical care for ongoing problems from my local government hospital in Banglamung for many years as a paying patient. I am thinking of relocating to Chiang Mai but have reservations and worry about my ongoing healthcare and  prescriptions .Would it be possible to transfer my medical  records from Banglamung  to another  local government hospital in Chaing Mai possible Suan Dok. Anyone transferred to another Provence  and overcome medical transfer?. Helpful suggestions appreciated .

Best approach is to get all the records in hard copy and hand carry them to the new hospital. Will be up to the doctor you see there whether to include in your records though. In some cases it may be best to bring only the records relevant to the purpose of that visit (i.e. don't bother bringing records relating to a heart problem when you go in for a skin problem).

You may be surprised at how sketchy the records prove to be.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

You may be surprised at how sketchy the records prove to be.

Or how extensive.

Maybe 20 years ago I made a checkup in BMH (private hospital). And then 10 years later or so I asked for my records because I wanted to apply for a health insurance and I wanted to make sure I don't forget anything.

I received (and I think I paid 500B) for all my records.

I also remember that on my checkup visit maybe 20 years ago, after all the tests, the doctor asks me about how much alcohol I drink. I told him truthfully that most of the time I don't drink at all, but it might happen that I go out with friends and then maybe I drink 20 glasses of whisky.

And what did I find written in my medical records: "drinks 20 whisky a night"...

Next time I will be very careful about what I tell my doctor in what I think is a private and confidential conversation.

Yes, the level of detail of medical records can vary widely.  Once I helped an American to secure his medical records from a private hospital in Chiang Mai.  He had about five years of history and had some dental work there, in addition to several surgeries, heart surgery, other surgery I can't remember, etc, mental health visits, etc.  The dental records were extremely detailed, the other interactions not so.

• 1 month later...