Thai girl in U.K. hair problem

HerbyJFlash

Hi

not sure i will get much help here but have the following problem and perhaps some members may have experienced similar. 

My Thai wife moved to U.K. about a year and half ago . When she washes her quite a lot comes out and I’ve noticed it’s thinning in parts . She is 30 so shouldn’t be happening. She think it could be to do with the water here. 

anyone have any advice / experienced the same ?

Do you have a water softener? I doubt she had one here but I'm just thinking aloud.

Doubt it's shampoo or conditioner probably better in UK. Stress?? Wife had some hair fall and started talking vitamins. She'd said she's no longer losing hair. Maybe it's the cold or she's brushing it wet in the cold? Blow dryers set on hot are very damaging. No idea what so ever.

Edited by Laphroaig27

9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Get her to see a GP, doubt its shampoo or conditioner, likely stress, maybe get a blood test

Yup, sounds like Alopecia . My wife had it a couple of years ago. I was the first one to notice a couple of bald spots at the back of her head. Not easily noticeable as covered by surrounding hair.

When I told her and I showed her pictures it freaked her out . Went straight to a doctor recommended by a friend and the doctor gave her some tablets and topical lotion which did the trick.

The lotion was RETEN ( which is a generic of Minoxidil )

Doctor also recommended Baby Mild shampoo , as not too many chemicals.

Edited by Denim
  • Like 1

We split our time between UK and Thailand and my wife suddenly started losing quite a lot of hair (in both countries) - lot of black hairs on the floor. She eats very healthily and is very fit and full of energy. This happened shortly after her second Covid vaccine (AZ) and she thinks its a side-effect.  No idea if true or not but it seems to have reduced a lot over the last six months and now seems normal.  She started using (Thai) Sunsilk shampoo for 'damaged hair' and claims that also helps.

I've noticed quite a lot of Thai women have thin hair.

Thyroid problems can cause hair loss. More likely to be the cause if she also has issues with fatigue, especially in the morning (taking long time to get going). If she does, then a visit to GP and a check of thyroid levels is in order.

There are also some dermatological conditions which can cause this.

And lastly, stress can do this.