Thai taxation hell

22 minutes ago, Tom H said:

You wont get a bill by email in your home country. And your home country would not translate a bill in Thai as well.????

If i want ( actually i have to say that i don't want ) they put all bills in my home country in a mailbox and don't send them by postal note . Won't be in Thai of course .

I have to admit I might have been pampered by my home country, where I can see all the blackmail money I owe to the state in an online interface and can pay off my debts directly.

Thanks for the input guys, I'll ask management to keep an eye on those letters! ????

We never see a bill, just a direct debit receipt for each bill and it works like clockwork, electric, water, Social Security payment, Internet, mobiles, etc., We keep eight months of bill payment money in one account for this purpose plus we transfer X to that account each month to cover all payments, also by standing order. It's not rocket science, although it might be for some.

29 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

We never see a bill, just a direct debit receipt for each bill and it works like clockwork, electric, water, Social Security payment, Internet, mobiles, etc., We keep eight months of bill payment money in one account for this purpose plus we transfer X to that account each month to cover all payments, also by standing order. It's not rocket science, although it might be for some.

but he was asking about the property tax?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

you have yours on direct debit?

We have a house, we don't pay condo tax, oddly! But I did just pay my annual health insurance invoice to CIGNA the same way though if that's where you're headed. 

Also, my bank, UOB, let's me set up payments in advance for the entire year, they can be random or recuring monthly, the customer sets the amount and the month. As long as the bank knows the payee details, it can easily be done.

Edited by nigelforbes

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In how many countries do the authorities send official correspondence and invoices per email?

Ehmmm most western european countries, estonia, soon also others.

Anyway, to the OP, for these issues you can use the 'calendar' function on your phone too. If you have many properties there are serviced address services too that could scan or psychically forward mail.

Doubt you would get this issue by being a few weeks late, just you to blame here.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

27 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

We have a house, we don't pay condo tax, oddly! But I did just pay my annual health insurance invoice to CIGNA the same way though if that's where you're headed. 

Also, my bank, UOB, let's me set up payments in advance for the entire year, they can be random or recuring monthly, the customer sets the amount and the month. As long as the bank knows the payee details, it can easily be done.

It's a property tax not just condos, if you haven't received a bill probably you'll get a backdated one plus charges

42 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's a property tax not just condos, if you haven't received a bill probably you'll get a backdated one plus charges

Owner occupied house are exempt from property tax, I'm pretty sure. https://www.tilleke.com/insights/new-land-and-building-tax-act-thailand/

The tax on houses applies only to those valued over THB 50 mill, we're just a little bit under that figure, only by about THB 45 million, phew, close shave that.

Edited by nigelforbes

1 hour ago, nigelforbes said:

Owner occupied house are exempt from property tax, I'm pretty sure. https://www.tilleke.com/insights/new-land-and-building-tax-act-thailand/

The tax on houses applies only to those valued over THB 50 mill, we're just a little bit under that figure, only by about THB 45 million, phew, close shave that.

Only if it's your sole property in wife's name, if company name you have to pay, plenty of threads on it