Unknown LINE contacts

Bangkok Barry

I've had four or five people contact me on my LINE account over time, people I don't know. The last two began by asking me if I was still in Bangkok, and the similarity made me wonder if this is some kind of scam in the making. I have no idea how they were able to contact me as only a very few people are regular contacts on it. The last one said she must have made a mistake and apologised (I still don't know how she had the info to contact me as I didn't ask). Another one today, with both who asked me if I am still in Bangkok looking pretty/click bait. I've asked her how she got my info but haven't had a response yet.

Anyone else had this, or know how they accessed my info? I do have it set to can find me by phone number but, again, very few have the number. Could those I have to give my number to be selling my number to scammers?

22 hours ago, G Rex said:

I get the same , and I somehow got onto a list receiving messages from a ‘lonely’ Thai lady.  My wife fixed that problem..????. (Not the loneliness though)

i delete or block unwanted incoming messages.

I have the same experience from time to time and also delete and block that kind of messages, looks like it's common.

However, my GF can't fixed that problem, have to do by myself.????