Successful online business for sale

Hi there

Does anybody have an idea whether it's possible to sell an established online business?

We sell on Lazada and Shopee and have very high ratings and have served tens of thousands of customers. 

We also have stock and contacts as to where to get goods. 

Missus, who is Thai, has absolutely no idea if it's possible to sell something like this.

The business is good and generates a lot of interest. 

Constructive replies are greatly appreciated.

4 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

It's possible to sell anything. How you might transfer ownership of the Lazada account might be a different matter though - something I'd be asking Lazada themselves.

As a potential business buyer, statements like "The business is good and generates a lot of interest. " don't mean much to me. Gross turnover, profit, cash on hand, assets (stock, business equipment etc), goodwill et al are what matters.

You also need a good answer to "why do you want to sell the business" if it is as successful as you will make out. If your valuation is only based on the potential the business has without any actual history to back that up, it will be a much harder sell.

Hope that helps at least a little.

Transferring ownership on Shopee and Lazada is as easy as a piece of cake. 

It requires one document and the signatures of the transferee and the buyer.

Currently, the business averages a million baht revenue per month. Furthermore, it has a potential of generating way more than that. 

To answer your question as to why sell a successful business, people sometimes need to move on. Due to changes in our circumstances, the best thing is to try to sell the business and move on. Of course, the world won't end if we have to keep it. It's not that hard to run it. 

No fool play here. Everything is transparent and nothing to lose. To be frank, someone, who has an online business would greatly benefit from adding our portfolio to theirs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Advertise it for sale on Lazada and Shopee.

Smelling sarcasm here? ????

To be frank, it's a decent business, but our circumstances have changed so we need to consider moving on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

The business is registered, licensed and taxed in Thailand?

Your work-permit cannot just be transferred. 

How long is your work permit valid for? 

My work permit has nothing to do with it. The business owner is Thai. I am employed legally.

If someone buys, they must obtain their own work permit if they are foreigner. 

It's a completely legal business. And to be frank, if someone has the love of doing online selling, it's wonderful for that. 

The business is registered legally. But it actually doesn't matter. It's more like the rights and the portfolio that matters. Anybody can change the status of business in a matter of days. 

With a bit of marketing, providing that the person has funds for that, this online business can grow quickly. 

And one important thing, nowadays, opening a new online shop is bound to fail. The market is saturated and it's rock hard to get a fat slice from it. This business has been online for 3 and a half years with tens of thousands of transactions generating a 4.92 average rating. 

• Like 2

I'll give you a few thousand baht .....  lets meet and talk.  Online businesses are a dime a dozen in Thailand.  The truth is it's worth very little,  anyone can set up here the same for nothing.

Anyway ....  let me know ....         don't dream   !!

Some data from the OP would be appreciated, such as  Profit and Loss statements for the years of operation, bad debts, a current balance sheet of assets and liabilities, inventory.

And of course, what price the OP wants for this business opportunity. So far, all I see is advertising.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

what its worth,

well lets see you are selling a lazada and shoppee account..

sell for 1 million bath a month..  shops exists 3,5 years... 

'"We also have stock and contacts as to where to get goods. ""  thats worth nothing..

the question would be whats the gross profit.. and what are the returning customers..

so its a product everybody else can buy.. and what if you have already made a new shop and sell the same products again but lets say 5-10%.. then you just sold "thin air"  yes you would have no reviews... or perhaps you would already... if you prepared,. difficult to say as its a big gamble for a buyer.. depending what you ask for it..  selling it for whatever reason makes almost also no sense... as you would most likely would not even get 10% of your monthly revenue for it.. would be more wise to let somebody handle your shipping and messaging and offer them a a good percentage so you still have an income but no work at all... 

now thats more realistic, selling... even with showing your revenue its not worth much.. as its easy to copy and outrun you even with reviews/shop age... 

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why should he disclose any of that information here, he's not offering his wife's business for sale here, he's just asking if it can be done.

Anything can be done if the price is right, even that information has not been posted.

Do you shop on Lazada with a blindfold?

4 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Maybe the profit margins are small.

That's what I was thinking as well. 

The value of the business, and what someone will be willing to pay for it will be based mostly upon two things, net profits and goodwill. If there are sufficient profits, they could hire someone to run the business for a salary or percent of revenue, and be free of the day to day operation. If the net profit is small and nobody is interested in paying for the intangible goodwill, then it might be best to sell off remaining stock and close the business.

1 minute ago, DrDave said:

The value of the business, and what someone will be willing to pay for it will be based mostly upon two things, net profits and goodwill. If there are sufficient profits, they could hire someone to run the business for a salary or percent of revenue, and be free of the day to day operation. If the net profit is small and nobody is interested in paying for the intangible goodwill, then it might be best to sell off remaining stock and close the business.

Yes few sell a high margin business.

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

To the OP, i think it was a mistake to post here that you're selling your business, too many smart-alec and irrelevant remarks and replies, i hope you sell your business quickly and successfully soon...

Thanks. You are right. Most replies are sarcastic remarks.

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Some data from the OP would be appreciated, such as  Profit and Loss statements for the years of operation, bad debts, a current balance sheet of assets and liabilities, inventory.

And of course, what price the OP wants for this business opportunity. So far, all I see is advertising.

No debts, and no need to scrutinize profit as it depends on the seller how much they want for each product.

2 hours ago, iwan55555 said:

what its worth,

well lets see you are selling a lazada and shoppee account..

sell for 1 million bath a month..  shops exists 3,5 years... 

'"We also have stock and contacts as to where to get goods. ""  thats worth nothing..

the question would be whats the gross profit.. and what are the returning customers..

so its a product everybody else can buy.. and what if you have already made a new shop and sell the same products again but lets say 5-10%.. then you just sold "thin air"  yes you would have no reviews... or perhaps you would already... if you prepared,. difficult to say as its a big gamble for a buyer.. depending what you ask for it..  selling it for whatever reason makes almost also no sense... as you would most likely would not even get 10% of your monthly revenue for it.. would be more wise to let somebody handle your shipping and messaging and offer them a a good percentage so you still have an income but no work at all... 

now thats more realistic, selling... even with showing your revenue its not worth much.. as its easy to copy and outrun you even with reviews/shop age... 

Well, it's the owners discretion how much they charge for each transaction. No debts need to be taken over.

1 hour ago, DrDave said:

Finding a reliable person to run your business in Thailand? 

????????????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Obvious question, how much ?

As not wanting to waste time with particulars if out of budget.

It can be discussed. 

Obviously, lawyers would be around when it comes to taking over.