Ninth Grader Falls From School Building In Korat, Fourth Case This Year

webfact

image.jpeg

Teachers praying at the spot where the student’s body was found, top, and the window from where he fell to the ground, Front Page. Photos: Matichon

by TNR Staff

A NINTH GRADE student in Nakhon Ratchasima province (Korat) died after falling from a building of a top high school in Mueang district last evening (Nov. 10) with this being the fourth such case in this province this year, Matichon newspaper said today.

The school was closed today to mourn for the unidentified 14-year-old teen boy. He lived with his father who is a state enterprise worker in Hua Thale subdistrict, Mueang district, and had completed sixth grade from a well-known private school before joining this high school. He was studying a special mathematics and science programme and got good grades, was fun-loving and cheerful.

Upon getting a report of his death a police team from the provincial forensic centre came to inspect and collect evidence. 

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2022/11/11/ninth-grader-falls-from-school-building-in-korat-fourth-case-this-year/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2022-11-12

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He was studying a special mathematics and science programme and got good grades, was fun-loving and cheerful.

This signals to me that he probably had an undisturbed mind and good concentration.  [I think at 9th grade maths, Algebra begins in earnest going up to Algebra II, Geometry and in special cases can include pre- Calculus (though depends on the school/country etc.)]

Quote:

By going through video clips of 60 surveillance cameras around the school it was noticed that at 4.48 p.m. the student looked sad as he walked alone from the cafeteria to the school’s fourth building.

So sad no-one noticed this.

1 hour ago, TKDfella said:

This signals to me that he probably had an undisturbed mind and good concentration.  [I think at 9th grade maths, Algebra begins in earnest going up to Algebra II, Geometry and in special cases can include pre- Calculus (though depends on the school/country etc.)]

Years ago, my daughter was showing signs of depression.
I asked everybody, including the school and the hospital, if they knew of a Psycholog/Psychiater and their answer was that there was not such thing in Thailand.

4 hours ago, Confuscious said:

Years ago, my daughter was showing signs of depression.
I asked everybody, including the school and the hospital, if they knew of a Psycholog/Psychiater and their answer was that there was not such thing in Thailand.

Yes, I understand what you say and as I have commented on another thread, the nearest Thailand has to a clinic for Psychiatric practice are the Monks in Local Temples. However, you also say '...showing signs of...'. What were those signs, becoming aggressive, lack of response, becoming introverted, declining ability to learn etc.? The OP claims the opposite.