Why is the UK struggling more than other countries?

Scott

54 minutes ago, RayC said:

Can you identify any proposals originating from Brussels, which were strongly supported by either France or Germany, but were opposed by the rest of the EU member states but  which, nevertheless, subsequently passed into law?

That is non-material uk is out of EU there's nothing to idetify anymore uk just get on with it, trade with the rest of the world.

24 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Mafia club? Sounds like more right wing fluff rather than any  meaningful explanation of a problem. Or perhaps an objection to a democratic commitment not entirely contained with the UK.

I knew you would say that. ????

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

That is non-material uk is out of EU there's nothing to idetify anymore uk just get on with it, trade with the rest of the world.

You are the one complaining that the EU is a mafia club dominated by France and Germany.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

So with having freedom uk people get on with it and stop moaning how many times does that have to be said.

Can you detail the contents of this new found post-Brexit freedom? Personally, I feel a lot less free.

Unless I receive an impossible-to-refuse job offer my working days are behind me. Just as well as the number of job opportunities within the EU member states open to Brits is significantly reduced.

I feel sorry for the Brits of working age who don't have the opportunities which I had.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Hear hear.

If that's 'Hear, hear' you agree with me then great. Thanks.

On the other hand, if you are suggesting that the EU is a mafia club dominated by France and Germany then maybe you'd like to address my challenge to Kwasaki?

(I suspect that the answer will be 'No' but go on prove me wrong????)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The U.K voted as one , it wasn't dived up into regions .

All the Votes from British citizens were counted and the results came from those .

Like, if Scottish people voted for the SNP and they won , the UK wouldn't get an SNP Government 

Stewart Lee really summed up perfectly why you can't generalise about who voted which way as it was complex. I won't post the video here as there is some colourful language in it, but search YouTube for "Stewart Lee Brexit" and watch for yourself. He may be liberal leaning but he hits the nail on the head and I don't think either side can argue with his reasoning.

Edited by josephbloggs

2 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Stewart Lee really summed up perfectly why you can't generalise about who voted which way as it was complex. I won't post the video here as it has a couple of "c bombs" in it, but search YouTube for "Stewart Lee Brexit" and watch for yourself. He may be liberal leaning but he hits the nail on the head.

Yes, some Labour working class people voted to Leave to protect their jobs and some rich Conservatives voted Remain because they wanted to employ cheap labour 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Oh I see, you want me to repeat what is written in the graph I posted ?

I didnt realise you were asking me to say it again , here , here's the graph again for you so see ????

Chart showing economic growth in G7 nations

So you post a graph to prove that others are doing bad as well, when your graph clearly states the others you keep referring to are doing significantly better. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, stevenl said:

So you post a graph to prove that others are doing bad as well, when your graph clearly states the others you keep referring to are doing significantly better. 

If you add all the other E.U Countries, the UK would be about in the middle , but 

Germany is in decline and will be joining the UK in recession quite soon and France may escape it as their tourist industry has picked up and that is keeping them out of a recession 

Edited by Mac Mickmanus
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, RayC said:

I would say that most sensible people realised that you couldn't have the benefits of belonging to the world's biggest trading bloc without the accompanying obligations and responsibilities.

Always someone else's fault. The EU did what it felt necessary to protect its' members' interests.

Anyway, why didn't the UK government(s) plan for the worse-case scenario given that it appears to be common knowledge how badly the EU was likely to behave?

Where is the plan for implementing these Brexit benefits?

most sensible people realised that you couldn't have the benefits of belonging to the world's biggest trading bloc without the accompanying insanity.

The EU did what the cabal controlling it dictated

UK governments have not been very good at anything for a long while.

A plan? Does the government actually know what a "plan" is?

NB. All the above should be regarded as my opinion.

6 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

If you add all the other E.U Countries, the UK would be about in the middle , but 

Germany is in decline and will be joining the UK in recession quite soon and France may escape it as their tourist industry has picked up and that is keeping them out of a recession 

It isnt , the thread title doesn't mention the E.U .

This thread is comparing the U.K to other G 7 Countries, which include USA , Japan and Canada

Your words. Your argument is as inconsistent as it gets, all trying to fit your opinion.. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, stevenl said:

t isnt , the thread title doesn't mention the E.U .

This thread is comparing the U.K to other G 7 Countries, which include USA , Japan and Canada

The thread title doesn't mention the G7 either but the BBC link in the OP does mention both the G7 countries and Brexit/EU.

13 hours ago, ozimoron said:

They were entitled to proceed with brexit after the vote. I believe it remains the case that there was a huge amount of foreign influence and misinformation involved in achieving that narrow majority. Now it's buyer remorse.

I do not think the downturn is directly related.

There's a price for independence. Free men wish to be free.

• Haha 2