Why is the UK struggling more than other countries?

Scott

2 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

Just ask the UK government for 20 million pounds in start-up funding, then.

£20million, is that all.

The Government is handing out hundreds of millions to oil companies:

https://www.bigissue.com/news/environment/oil-giants-shell-and-bp-have-been-handed-700m-of-taxpayer-cash-despite-bumper-profits/

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Your denial that race had anything to do with Brexit caused me to actually laugh. Case in point is UKIP, rabidly racist and pro Brexit

Are you not aware that British people and Europeans are originally all of the same race ?

Europeans and British  are both from the Caucasians race and both have non Caucasians immigrants  from various parts of the World.

The U.K left the E.U to align themselves with Non Caucasian Countries and you are stating its because of race 

I think that you were laughing because you lack intelligence and it may be an idea if you just sit there reading and  laughing , instead of speaking ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, placeholder said:

What planet do you come from where Big Pharma is regarded as a noble benefactor?

Earth, where every government has unquestionably assumed that Big Pharma is being honest and transparent about the efficiency of its vaccines, and on the basis that they are providing a wonderful benefit to humanity with these vaccines, has pressured everyone to submit to receiving their products. Special fawning praise was reserved for AstraZeneca which gave its vaccines away at cost.

3 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

Earth, where every government has unquestionably assumed that Big Pharma is being honest and transparent about the efficiency of its vaccines, and on the basis that they are providing a wonderful benefit to humanity with these vaccines, has pressured everyone to submit to receiving their products. Special fawning praise was reserved for AstraZeneca which gave its vaccines away at cost.

They have not. There have been huge recent judgements against big pharma. It's just not a political issue.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Does that table demonstrate that the UK economy went up, down or sideways since Brexit?

We have had the Covid pandemic and the Ukraine war sine Brexit and all three of those has had an effect on the U.K economy , other E.U Countries economies have been similar to the U.K's (some better, some worse) which shows Brexit isn't the reason for the current U.K economic condition 

33 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

Why am I not surprised that it's all about vaccines with you?

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

We have had the Covid pandemic and the Ukraine war sine Brexit and all three of those has had an effect on the U.K economy , other E.U Countries economies have been similar to the U.K's (some better, some worse) which shows Brexit isn't the reason for the current U.K economic condition 

If it's not then you have to admit that the charts and numbers make a strong case that it did.

• Like 1

If it's not then you have to admit that the charts and numbers make a strong case that it did.

TBH, I didnt bother opening the link .

Links are there to back up an opinion , rather than just to be for sending links without saying anything .

If you want to do things like that , I just replied with a link as well ????

Lets just exchange links and laugh at each others links ????

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

TBH, I didnt bother opening the link .

Links are there to back up an opinion , rather than just to be for sending links without saying anything .

If you want to do things like that , I just replied with a link as well ????

Lets just exchange links and laugh at each others links ????

Ok, are you really saying you have never laughed at anybody's link other than in response to their joke?

I will say your claim that racism had nothing to do with brexit is patently false. Whether or not it was the main reason is debatable. I believe it was because the predicted outcome came to pass. The UK joined the EU in the first place for a reason. There is a strong confluence between prominent racists (with convictions) and Brexiteers, that's not deniable.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 2

Primarily because of non-existent government. The people we have are totally self serving with no interest in the actual country. This together with the dependance on other countries for our power is a receipt for disaster which is what we have.
Of course handing money out like it is sweets does not help neither does a government that is allowing itself to be at the mercy of little groups of snowflakes.

Just now, Photoguy21 said:

Primarily because of non-existent government. The people we have are totally self serving with no interest in the actual country. This together with the dependance on other countries for our power is a receipt for disaster which is what we have.
Of course handing money out like it is sweets does not help neither does a government that is allowing itself to be at the mercy of little groups of snowflakes.

Is a tax cut of 2.5 trillion, mainly going to the rich, not handing out money like sweets?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Pretty obvious, really. When you cut off your nose to spite your face it hurts. The leavers blatantly put the issue of immigration and race ahead of economic prosperity. I don't think the jury is out on that anymore. The UK is leas dependent on Russian energy than EU countries and yet has fared far worse so it's got nothing to do with Russia.

Yes it is obvious UK people get with it and stop moaning.

27 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Ok, are you really saying you have never laughed at anybody's link other than in response to their joke?

I will say your claim that racism had nothing to do with brexit is patently false. Whether or not it was the main reason is debatable. I believe it was because the predicted outcome came to pass. The UK joined the EU in the first place for a reason. There is a strong confluence between prominent racists (with convictions) and Brexiteers, that's not deniable.

Racism had nothing to with my vote in favour.

There you go smart ar5e, eat your words. ????

Successive governments had already forked up immigration - which, as we all know, is essential for the prosperity of of the economy. Controlled, targeted immigration is what governments could not seem to get right. I had no confidence in the government to get it right on Immigration but I still wanted to leave the EU.  (note: I would have voted for joining the EEC if I had that option at that time).

14 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

If you actually read my post I said "Whether or not it was the main reason is debatable". That leaves room for some people to claim it wasn't their motivation. That at least some people voted based on racist attitudes is beyond question. Economists certainly weren't typically in favour of brexit, not many other obvious motivations out there. If not absolute racism then a big dose of xenophobia at least.

Over six million Europeans went to work and live in the U.K and the numbers were growing and causing over crowding in the U.K and the only way to stop the influx was to leave the E.U.

There were jobs in the U.K that were only open to Polish speakers and you had to go to Warsaw to apply for the job in London .

That is why the U.K left the E.U 

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Over six million Europeans went to work and live in the U.K and the numbers were growing and causing over crowding in the U.K and the only way to stop the influx was to leave the E.U.

There were jobs in the U.K that were only open to Polish speakers and you had to go to Warsaw to apply for the job in London .

That is why the U.K left the E.U 

This reads to me like some companies wrote contracts with Polish labour agencies to ensure a viable source of contract labour. If this is not the case would you care to elaborate?

This reads to me like some companies wrote contracts with Polish labour agencies to ensure a viable source of contract labour. If this is not the case would you care to elaborate?

Some Polish building companies got the contact for construction jobs (undercutting local building firms ) in London and only employed Polish workers (Who earned less than the going rate) and the interviews for the jobs were in Poland .

So a British guy wanting to work in construction in London would need to go to Poland and have an interview for the job speaking in Polish .

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Why am I not surprised that it's all about vaccines with you?

Oh, it isn't, at all. My main point was, and is, that the UK government is so inept that the lives of the citizens would probably be better if Prayut and his gang were in charge.

The remark about Big Pharma was an aside, expressing surprise that people are willing to swallow anything that Big Pharma shovels in their direction while at the same time excoriating Big Oil for its predatory practices, when the two conglomerates are essentially identical.

If I'd thought that this self-evident truth would make people so defensive, I wouldn't have posted it.

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Some Polish building companies got the contact for construction jobs (undercutting local building firms ) in London and only employed Polish workers (Who earned less than the going rate) and the interviews for the jobs were in Poland .

So a British guy wanting to work in construction in London would need to go to Poland and have an interview for the job speaking in Polish .

I do agree that they should be required to pay the same wages but this sounds to me a like Apple making computers in China, the public corporations making poor decisions outsourcing manufacturing to save a buck, unfettered by government regulation. It shouldn't have taken Brexit to stamp that out but it did. Why? It's easier to blame somebody else.

• Like 1