Why is the UK struggling more than other countries?

Scott

8 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

It was Saint Margaret's policy to not support British industry and to turn Britain into a 'services-based' economy, that's well known.

Part of the problem with British industry was an us & them mentality. I worked there for about 10 years.

A bigger part of the problem was the communist led unions being allowed too much influence by the Labour governments of the 70's. I was there too and remember so many 'workers" regularly in the pubs at lunchtime while they were still clocked-on at British Leyland. Complete joke and <deleted> cars. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, kickstart said:

As for the OP's Q, the NHS is a big problem ,in time someone  grabs the bull by the horns and  do away with the NHS and have an insurance based system,it is just a black hole.

There is an insurance scheme. It's called National Insurance (the clues in the name).

44 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

They were entitled to proceed with brexit after the vote. I believe it remains the case that there was a huge amount of foreign influence and misinformation involved in achieving that narrow majority. Now it's buyer remorse.

I believe it remains the case that any foreign influence there might had no affect at all. Looks like it's still a case of sore losers. Nag nag. Nanu nanu.

• Like 1

Just now, nauseus said:

I believe it remains the case that any foreign influence there might had no affect at all. Looks like it's still a case of sore losers. Nag nag. Nanu nanu.

That's why the Russians continued their misinformation campaigns in election after election, because they had no effect?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't the majority of Scottish vote to remain?

The U.K voted as one , it wasn't dived up into regions .

All the Votes from British citizens were counted and the results came from those .

Like, if Scottish people voted for the SNP and they won , the UK wouldn't get an SNP Government 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The U.K voted as one , it wasn't dived up into regions .

All the Votes from British citizens were counted and the results came from those .

Like, if Scottish people voted for the SNP and they won , the UK wouldn't get an SNP Government 

I think that topic is going to come up again soon.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No , Obama was interfering with U.K Politics and trying to get the U.K to vote remain , he was threatening the U.K that if we left the E.U then we would be at the back of the queue when dealing with the USA .

Obama was directly replying to comments made by the Leave group about UK/USA relations after the vote

It wasn’t a threat it was a promise.

The UK is at the back of the queue for a trade deal with the US.

Go ahead get mad at the people who warned you.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, nauseus said:

A bigger part of the problem was the communist led unions being allowed too much influence by the Labour governments of the 70's. I was there too and remember so many 'workers" regularly in the pubs at lunchtime while they were still clocked-on at British Leyland. Complete joke and <deleted> cars. 

Yep, the Tories broke the unions and it’s been down hill for working people ever since.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, candide said:

They are voicing an opinion about what the United States is going to do, I figured you might want to hear from the president of the United States what I think the United States is going to do.

Everyone knew that he wouldn't be POTUS much longer and priorities would change  when a new non hostile to the UK President came into power 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, candide said:

Has it been proven right?

Whoever is POTUS, I think the rationale remains the same. Giving a "good deal" to UK before completing an agreement with the EU is bad tactics.

The UK isn’t getting any kind of a deal out of the US anytime soon.

Even the lettuce understood that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

May have been good for you , but wasn't too good for hod carriers looking for a job in Cricklewood on building sites

And that's pretty much the only debate you have. Cricklewood hod carriers upended by Polish immigrants. 

Were you by any chance in the building industry?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1