New edict tightens controls on non-medical use of cannabis in Thailand

webfact

16 hours ago, webfact said:

Sale of the controlled herb in any form to students, people under 20, pregnant women or breast-feeding mothers is prohibited. Sale through vending machines or for smoking in business premises is banned, unless the sale is by medical practitioners, traditional medicine practitioners or certified rural medics. All forms of advertising for commercial purposes are prohibited.

The controlled herb cannot be sold in public parks, amusement parks, temples, places of worship or hostels.

Still lax..

Smoke where you want but not at work.. 

Sell where you want but not the above.

On 11/12/2022 at 12:34 PM, bamnutsak said:

prohibiting the distribution of controlled herbs for smoking in the establishment. except sales by a medical practitioner according to the law on the medical profession

What does this mean in layman's terms?

It was illegal already to smoke inside businesses, so I assume they meant it is now illegal too if you smoked it 100% pure. Anyway, the way shops are run now, much more rules are needed.

Like every shop I came across so far, is run by a foreigner who just lived here a few years, does not have a company, does not have 4 staff, no work permit, nothing.

This while millions of baht are made, it is almost crazy that the cops are not all over it. I know quite a few of those owners, and none are paying the cops, they simply didn't come (yet). If you did any form of other business in TH, you would be raided within a week.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

19 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Like every shop I came across so far, is run by a foreigner who just lived here a few years, does not have a company, does not have 4 staff, no work permit, nothing.

I am respectfully gonna call you out on that.

You go into various shops to buy some weed and by the end of the transactions, you leave the shop with your weed and detailed understanding of the way the business is set up, their legal paperwork and number of employees. Did you get their tax number as well?

Just seems a bit far fetched. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jonclark said:

I am respectfully gonna call you out on that.

You go into various shops to buy some weed and by the end of the transactions, you leave the shop with your weed and detailed understanding of the way the business is set up, their legal paperwork and number of employees. Did you get their tax number as well?

Just seems a bit far fetched. 

I try to understand what you are saying, but i do not at all. It is very easy to know when a business is registered, takes 30 seconds.

Aside of that, it is very easy to know when a foreigner works illegally, as most things you do in a shop, the foreigner can not do under Thai law. Secondly, you can easily tell if someone has 4 staff, or not.

Far fetched? Not at all, maybe you are new in Thailand or actually someone doing this, thus trying to defend this? Anyone who lives in TH and knows of business locally, knows what I said.

4 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I try to understand what you are saying, but i do not at all. It is very easy to know when a business is registered, takes 30 seconds.

Aside of that, it is very easy to know when a foreigner works illegally, as most things you do in a shop, the foreigner can not do under Thai law. Secondly, you can easily tell if someone has 4 staff, or not.

Far fetched? Not at all, maybe you are new in Thailand or actually someone doing this, thus trying to defend this? Anyone who lives in TH and knows of business locally, knows what I said.

All of the shops I have visited have been Thai owned.  

But I see what you did, trying to discredit me by suggesting I was new to the country or an illegal worker. I am neither 23 years + here and all legally paying tax from work.  

Still gonna call you out that you know the business dealing of all the shops you have purchased from. I am surprised you haven't called the immigration hotline if you feel so strongly about it. 

4 minutes ago, jonclark said:

All of the shops I have visited have been Thai owned.  

But I see what you did, trying to discredit me by suggesting I was new to the country or an illegal worker. I am neither 23 years + here and all legally paying tax from work.  

Still gonna call you out that you know the business dealing of all the shops you have purchased from. I am surprised you haven't called the immigration hotline if you feel so strongly about it.

Maybe you have to read again before you feel offended like the woke generation does. I answered your questions in terms of why you think it would far fetched or so difficult to know XYZ and I am honestly surprised you think that, if you lived here long enough or did any local business.

Also, if you actually been around the entire Thailand, you would notice that there is a ton of those shops, as I originally described. That the majority is Thai owned, has nothing to do with what I stated. Most bars in quantity are also owned by Thais, so what.

Anyway point was made, I guess you do not see much of Thailand all the time, else you would understand it already. Seems most members here live very static 99% of the time.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

24 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Maybe you have to read again before you feel offended like the woke generation does. I answered your questions in terms of why you think it would far fetched or so difficult to know XYZ and I am honestly surprised you think that, if you lived here long enough or did any local business.

Also, if you actually been around the entire Thailand, you would notice that there is a ton of those shops, as I originally described. That the majority is Thai owned, has nothing to do with what I stated. Most bars in quantity are also owned by Thais, so what.

Anyway point was made, I guess you do not see much of Thailand all the time, else you would understand it already. Seems most members here live very static 99% of the time.

Woke !!!! I have never been so insulted in all my life. Goodbye. 

1 hour ago, Camelot said:

Now watch the prices go up.

And your reasoning for this is..?

The increased "risk"?

Not a chance.. Thailand is just weeks away from a tsunami of weed coming to market... from all of the crops started after restrictions were removed.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/12/2022 at 12:05 PM, Denim said:

Cool . Massage parlous have slipped under the radar.

" I'll have a slap a tickle and one of those brownies please "

This is an obvious loophole. Privately smoking dope in a private massage parlour room cannot be cracked down on, even if technically illegal to smoke on business premises. It would be no different from a hotel allowing guests to smoke in certain designated guest rooms. The masseuses might not be so keen though.

On 11/12/2022 at 6:09 PM, Archie Baker said:

What control? A convicted drug smuggler in charge and look what happens. Have we all forgotten about Auntie A's history already. Medical use only 555! And yet you can't buy a bottle of Chang outside UK historic licencing hours which Thais adopted from frigging Tesco. 

Not so.  The daytime break for selling alcohol is a revolutionary decree from a military government in the 70s that had fallen into disuse a few years later but never repealed. It was simply revived by Thaksin.

16 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

This is an obvious loophole. Privately smoking dope in a private massage parlour room cannot be cracked down on, even if technically illegal to smoke on business premises. It would be no different from a hotel allowing guests to smoke in certain designated guest rooms. The masseuses might not be so keen though.

Yes, with an excess of MPs and insufficient customers, this would seem to a cheap and positive change of business model.....