Democrats maintain control of U.S. Senate, NBC News projects, defeating many Trump-backed Republicans

onthedarkside

3 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

As has been pointed out to you mumerous times, it's terribly naive to think this was the only reason.

Unlike yourself (and almost all GOPers), Gen Z have more than just self-interest and greed at heart. They see a party that is actively undermining democracy; who are trying desperately to limit a womens ability to govern her own body;  who have no real solutions other than negative policies. All these things play a part and you constantly attributing it to self-interest and greed say more about you than it does them. 

As has been pointed out to you mumerous times, it's terribly naive to think this was the only reason. 

Point out where I stated it was the only reason? You can't... please stop with the bashing. Although a typical response from the left.

8 hours ago, Non Immigrant said:

Pretty much the only democrat principle I agree with really is the healthcare point.

Though, I ain't an American so their healthcare doesn't affect, nor do a lot of other issues.

However American business does affect me and I certainly want their economy to remain strong.

Also, haven't the democrats turned into far left extremists? Lol

You see evidence of the left intend to replace current capitalist systems with communism in America? If you do, please share. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Point out where I stated it was the only reason? You can't... please stop with the bashing. Although a typical response from the left.

As has been pointed out to you numerous times, you can't cite any exit poll that has found this to be a significant reason.

Edited by placeholder
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

Enough of the pearl clutching please.

Throughout this whole thread all you've done is insinuate that younger voters are only voting Dem becuase of the student debt relief with statements such as 'As a young person getting 10K for a possible bad decision I know who I'd vote for' and 'You're saying that a paid for Cancun vacation wasn't an incentive for many young people."

At no point have you offered any OTHER reason so what are we supposed to think?

And you get 'bashed' when you can't support your assertions. If you don't like it may I suggest you find a right-wing echo chamber for your 'insights'.  

Try reading the link I provided and at no time did I say it was the "only" reason for voting dem. Show me where the loan forgiveness was even an option on exit polls. 

Are you suggesting this is a left wing echo chamber? Who would have thought.

Trump proposed to make an announcement about his intentions for 2022 tomorrow.

I suggest that if he does run, this would be mainly because he thinks that this would help him escape from any criminality for his crimes. Also, for revenge for his hurt pride from the Republicans and Murdoch, who think that after his recent losses his involvement may be toxic in 2022.

The GOP hardly gained anything in the mid-terms where traditionally the opposition always does.

The loss for support from savvy Murdoch would have been when he saw Trump as a possible loss for his revenue stream. His media has openly called Trump Humpy Dumpty and a loser which evidently would be one of Trump's greatest insults.

I think some Republicans may even actively assist the DOJ by "spilling the beans" on him.

All in all, Trump must be in the worst well deserved predicament of his life, Karma can be a bitch.

“I do think Trump believes he can avoid prosecution by running for president and causing delays. That’s another Trump strategy: Delay and run out the clock. But many Republicans simply have a selfish and practical interest in seeing Trump prosecuted and convicted—for anything, really. They want him out of their way either for their ambition or because he is clearly dragging the party down with bad candidates,” said Eric Owens, a retired lawyer who previously wrote for the conservative website The Daily Caller. 

Donald Trump’s Election Gambit to Avoid Charges Isn’t So Sound (thedailybeast.com)

• Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 1:52 PM, ozimoron said:

I believe fear of the Supreme Court post Trump was another big influence in the vote. Chief Justice Roberts has lost effective control of the court agenda and Thomas is clearly placing his thumb on the scale, either driven by or with the assistance of his wife.

Let's not whitewash Roberts. His reasoning for gutting the Voting Rights Act was disgraceful and hypocritical. And of course, his rulings on abortion rights previous to Dobbs virtually neutered Roe, anyway. It's just that, unlike Alito and Thomas, he's better at disguising his animus.

14 hours ago, LosLobo said:

Trump proposed to make an announcement about his intentions for 2022 tomorrow.

I suggest that if he does run, this would be mainly because he thinks that this would help him escape from any criminality for his crimes. Also, for revenge for his hurt pride from the Republicans and Murdoch, who think that after his recent losses his involvement may be toxic in 2022.

The GOP hardly gained anything in the mid-terms where traditionally the opposition always does.

The loss for support from savvy Murdoch would have been when he saw Trump as a possible loss for his revenue stream. His media has openly called Trump Humpy Dumpty and a loser which evidently would be one of Trump's greatest insults.

I think some Republicans may even actively assist the DOJ by "spilling the beans" on him.

All in all, Trump must be in the worst well deserved predicament of his life, Karma can be a bitch.

“I do think Trump believes he can avoid prosecution by running for president and causing delays. That’s another Trump strategy: Delay and run out the clock. But many Republicans simply have a selfish and practical interest in seeing Trump prosecuted and convicted—for anything, really. They want him out of their way either for their ambition or because he is clearly dragging the party down with bad candidates,” said Eric Owens, a retired lawyer who previously wrote for the conservative website The Daily Caller. 

Donald Trump’s Election Gambit to Avoid Charges Isn’t So Sound (thedailybeast.com)

I doubt that he believes he can avoid prosecution but if he doesn't run he can't control the narrative that it's all political.

3 minutes ago, pomchop said:

I think Americans are finally starting to realize that Biden is a very experienced lifelong politician who has pretty much seen and heard it all and has a very good understanding of how it all works or doesn't work .  He is a man who has laid his policies on the table along with plans as to how he thinks they will help everyday Americans.  He has made it very clear that many of his policies will not show major results for months and years but of course many voters want instant results on every policy like a 5 year old who wants that ice cream RIGHT NOW.

Of course some do not agree with all or any of his policies and proposals which is their right.  However can anyone deny that he is a steadying force that says what he means and means what he says?  I think Americans are slowly realizing  he is a good and decent man that got elected during turbulent times and is trying his best to be a good and decent president.  Something that hopefully every American regardless of party would prefer to chaos and constant name calling and lies.

Furthermore, he stood by his own opinion and ignored the pollsters who claimed the dems should have been talking about inflation.

4 minutes ago, pomchop said:

I think Americans are finally starting to realize that Biden is a very experienced lifelong politician who has pretty much seen and heard it all and has a very good understanding of how it all works or doesn't work .  He is a man who has laid his policies on the table along with plans as to how he thinks they will help everyday Americans.  He has made it very clear that many of his policies will not show major results for months and years but of course many voters want instant results on every policy like a 5 year old who wants that ice cream RIGHT NOW.

Of course some do not agree with all or any of his policies and proposals which is their right.  However can anyone deny that he is a steadying force that says what he means and means what he says?  I think Americans are slowly realizing  he is a good and decent man that got elected during turbulent times and is trying his best to be a good and decent president.  Something that hopefully every American regardless of party would prefer to chaos and constant name calling and lies.

I don't think that the results were an endorsement of Biden. I trust the polls that say, whether fairly or not, that he's underwater. That's virtually always the case for a President when there are problems with the economy. Which makes the Republican failure even worse. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

I don't think that the results were an endorsement of Biden. I trust the polls that say, whether fairly or not, that he's underwater. That's virtually always the case for a President when there are problems with the economy. Which makes the Republican failure even worse. 

Definitely. Yet again, Trump lost the election for the GOP. Nominating crazies and spreading his message of hate all over swing states did a lot of damage. Lake was the most glaring example. The Georgia runoff will be interesting, given that there's a real danger of Manchin defecting to the GOP.

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Definitely. Yet again, Trump lost the election for the GOP. Nominating crazies and spreading his message of hate all over swing states did a lot of damage. Lake was the most glaring example. The Georgia runoff will be interesting, given that there's a real danger of Manchin defecting to the GOP.

Here, by the way, is the average of Ronald Reagan's poll numbers in the first 4 years of his administration when the economy was in a deep recession.

image.png.f97c7c61f70f93ff31ebfad45b4e11fd.png

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-approval-rating/?cid=rrpromo

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Agree.  Just saying that I think just maybe more americans are realizing that ole joe is not some evil man and his agenda is to try his best to make america more civil and better for all americans.

2 minutes ago, pomchop said:

Agree.  Just saying that I think just maybe more americans are realizing that ole joe is not some evil man and his agenda is to try his best to make america more civil and better for all americans.

I just hope that the Republican House goes ahead with impeachment of Biden. If the elections showed anything, it's that Biden derangement syndrome is not a winning strategy for Republicans.

18 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Biden endorsed very few Democrat candidate to avoid being tied to the President's low approval rating. It work like a charm. 

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Biden endorsed very few Democrat candidate to avoid being tied to the President's low approval rating. It work like a charm. 

Unlike Trump, the allegedly "senile" Biden understands political reality.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I just hope that the Republican House goes ahead with impeachment of Biden. If the elections showed anything, it's that Biden derangement syndrome is not a winning strategy for Republicans.

I agree it would be an idiotic thing to do.  They need to do a few things;

a/ clear out the dead wood at the top (McConnell and McCarthy especially)

b/ break free of the Trump hold

c/ propose legislation that actually addresses the issues of inflation and national debt.

d/ rely on their bench of relatively young and scandal free people to get the message out.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, pomchop said:

A grown up!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

At least he doesnt fall over and forget how many states there are. 54 states oh dear. Embarrassing.

Not only that...he doesn't claim that British soldiers overran an airport during the Revolutionary War...oh wait...he did.

Edited by placeholder
  • Haha 1