Many Republicans Want Trump Convicted and 'Out of Their Way': Attorney

Scott

22 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

A Trump indictment/conviction may be better for the Reps than the Dems. 

1.  It will get Trump out of their lives.

2. They can blame the Dems for "political persecution," a signal to the Trump base that they still support him....even though they don't. 

Well said. The Dems should be careful of what they wish for. Make him the underdog being persecuted bu a vindictive Democrat party and he might use that to keep on keeping on.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Thank you for your well reasoned and entirely relevant contribution to the discussion.

As for the topic, I don't want him to be able to create even more of a circus than has unfortunately been created by the Dems desire to convict him of something, anything at all. I do think he should be "convinced" to go somewhere and enjoy his retirement with his family.

Put him on trial and reap the publicity he will garner.

Edit.

It just occurred to me that Biden may relish the circus of a Trump trial as it will take all the attention off the disaster he is, IMO, presiding over.

So much for your prediction that if the Republicans take the House, there will be no prosecution. That never made sense in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Evidence in just now that Trump remains as vindictive as ever, obsessed by revenge against his enemies.

Gen. John Kelly confirms Trump wanted IRS to audit his foes or have the DOJ investigate them

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-ordered-investigations-against-foes/

Trump hasn't been president for 2 years so that is hardly relevant to now. Kelly has no reason to cover for Trump, given his exit from the White House.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

Trump hasn't been president for 2 years so that is hardly relevant to now. Kelly has no reason to cover for Trump, given his exit from the White House.

It just helps kill Trumps momentum he thinks he is building for a new run at office. More fuel to the fire to show Trumps lack of respect for others.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

The Republicans are between a rock and a hard place. Support Trump, they will lose yet again. The mid-terms proved that. Oppose him, he will destroy the GOP out of spite. He adds an extra dimension to vindictive.

Their best hope is for him to be convicted.

For all his faults, Biden represents normalcy to the majority of voters. Trump is a return to chaos.

If Trump is even indicted by the feds, lots of politicians better hope that Twitter's servers can handle the load as millions of tweets are deleted.

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

If Trump is even indicted by the feds, lots of politicians better hope that Twitter's servers can handle the load as millions of tweets are deleted.

I am not sure Twitter will survive Musk.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Thank you for your well reasoned and entirely relevant contribution to the discussion.

As for the topic, I don't want him to be able to create even more of a circus than has unfortunately been created by the Dems desire to convict him of something, anything at all. I do think he should be "convinced" to go somewhere and enjoy his retirement with his family.

Put him on trial and reap the publicity he will garner.

Edit.

It just occurred to me that Biden may relish the circus of a Trump trial as it will take all the attention off the disaster he is, IMO, presiding over.

Did you "Woke" to the Republican loses this electron, thanks to this genius managed to lose for 2022? Are you aware of the bigly unelectable  chosen candidates, guess not! Biden is a God now!

Owning the Senate, Biden will get all of his judges confirmed.