Working outside of Thailand

Reentry permit if you are on extensions or if you have a valid non O-A then that visa is a multi entry.

Many guys here such as oil/gas have rosters.

In the past many of these guys just used visa exempt entries.

Recently some have been told to "get a visa" 

For those not married then a non O retirement with annual extensions and purchase a multi reentry permit is an option. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Reentry permit if you are on extensions or if you have a valid non O-A then that visa is a multi entry.

Thank you, the visa states Non Imm. 'single entry'. Visa issued after I came in on a Non Imm O based on marriage (Thought I'd finished with work!!)

So if I take this job offer would I have to apply for reentry every time I went out?

34 minutes ago, Alphim said:

So if I take this job offer would I have to apply for reentry every time I went out?

You can buy a multi reentry permit 3800baht. .

Can be obtained at immigration or the airport.

Do you have a 12 month extension from your non O.

When does your current permission of stay expire? 

Will be shown on stamp in your pp. 

Edited by DrJack54

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You can buy a multi reentry permit 3800baht. .

Can be obtained at immigration or the airport.

Do you have a 12 month extension from your non O.

When does your current permission of stay expire? 

Will be shown on stamp in your pp. 

I have a new retirement, it looks like an extension because it expires 13 Jan 2024, previously I came on  O based on marriage

IMO what you do outside Thailand is entirely your own business, irrespective of whether you are retired or not.

Apply for a multiple re-entry permit, TM8. 3800 baht. It is valid for the period of your visa/ extension, you can come and go as many times as you want.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

IMO what you do outside Thailand is entirely your own business, irrespective of whether you are retired or not.

Apply for a multiple re-entry permit, TM8. 3800 baht. It is valid for the period of your visa/ extension, you can come and go as many times as you want.

My thoughts also but just checking, thank you

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Alphim said:

I have a new retirement, it looks like an extension because it expires 13 Jan 2024

Yes it's an extension.

As stated you can obtain a multi reentry permit.

You will apply for extension every year. 

Your current extension is till 13 Jan 2024.

To obtain a new extension after current one you would need to be in Thailand to apply and that has a window of 45 or 30 days prior to expiry (depending on immigration office) up till expiry.

If working and on a roster you are best to have extentions based on retirement and not marriage since based on marriage you have an under consideration period. 

If married you could obtain a ME Non O based on marriage and you can obtain that every year at Thai consulate. 

Savannakhet being popular for that option. 

Does not require money to be retained in bank account.

Also does not have under consideration period. 

Good option

Edited by DrJack54

I worked O/S with a retirement visa for a number of years on either FI/FO rosters or staying in the work country but maintaining my Thai Visa. Had all of my money sent to my Thai Bank Account and no issue with Thai Tax as long as you are out of Thailand for more than 180 days in the tax year. Of course I was responsible for paying taxes in the work host country.

8 hours ago, Alphim said:

I have a new retirement, it looks like an extension because it expires 13 Jan 2024, previously I came on  O based on marriage

That's 14 month from now on, how is this possible? Usually max 12 month.

9 hours ago, Alphim said:

Thank you, the visa states Non Imm. 'single entry'. Visa issued after

It just boggles my mind that people don't have any concept of a visa and permission to stay. Also not able to read the visa stickers and interpret it. A single entry is a single entry. It can be used to enter multiple times. 

Edited by Onerak
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DJ54 said:

With a reentry permit right?

The OP is on extensions from a non O.

Ignore the reference in the OP to "retirement visa" No such thing.

Any entry to Thailand be it visa exempt or tourist visa etc or non O gives a stamp with a permission of stay.

In order to exit and reenter Thailand during that period you need to buy a reentry permit.

For the OP having a 12 month extension he would be best off to obtain a multi reentry permit.

The expiry date on that permit will match his permit stamp. 

Note: the quote you mention I think had a typo. 

Should have been can NOT enter multiple times. (without reentry permit) 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Onerak said:

A re-entry permit keep your permission to stay date valid and allows you to enter when you leave the country. It has nothing to do with your visa.

Go back and read your earlier post....

"Also not able to read the visa stickers and interpret it. A single entry is a single entry. It can be used to enter multiple times."

He questioned your error.

Should read....

" it can NOT be used to enter multiple times" 

Need to obtain multi reentry permit 

Edited by DrJack54

On 11/14/2022 at 8:04 PM, Onerak said:

It just boggles my mind that people don't have any concept of a visa and permission to stay. Also not able to read the visa stickers and interpret it. A single entry is a single entry. It can be used to enter multiple times. 

"A single entry is a single entry. It can be used to enter multiple times" What then is a Multiple Entry?

My mind is boggled!

On 11/14/2022 at 12:21 PM, Caldera said:

Being (actually) retired is not a requirement for a Thai "retirement visa", you're just not allowed to work in Thailand.

I know at least one consulate that  in the last couple of years would not issue a non-Imm O visa if the applicant was not actually retired.

They required that he had had employment in the past, that he had retired from this employment and that he got a state pension. 

Rich rentiers need not apply.

AFAIK they changed their mind last year.

When you get your retirement extension on your O visa ask for a multiple entry stamp also

As stated 3800 baht for the multiple entry stamp + your 1900 baht fee for the retirement extension

Did it for many many years when I was based out of Thailand

No questions asked.

3 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Not strictly legally true but close.. 

There is no rule or requirement that states you cannot work outside of Thailand if on a extension based upon retirement.

Over the years I have seen many posts done by people that were working outside the country without a problem. 

6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I am assuming the OP is a law-abiding citizen. AFAIK Thai jurisdiction stays within Thailand.

Lese Majeste.. Try it and report back.. 

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no rule or requirement that states you cannot work outside of Thailand if on a extension based upon retirement.

Over the years I have seen many posts done by people that were working outside the country without a problem. 

That wasnt my point.. 

1 hour ago, LivinLOS said:

Lese Majeste.. Try it and report back.. 

I would only be trying "it" if I was never going to return to Thailand.

Please post examples of people who have been extradited from other countries to face charges in that respect.