brexit.its over let it go

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

When did Biden ever school anyone?

He'll probably confuse Ireland with Iran. Just like he just thought Cambodia was Columbia.

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-kicks-off-asean-summit-getting-host-country-wrong-1759105

The guy's senile and nobody takes him seriously, least of all the UK PM. Ireland is not his business. We will humour him, then politely send him on his way.

Just maybe he was reading from a teleprompter?

• Like 2

Brexit won't be over until the English government comes up with a solution that doesn't put a border between Northern Ireland and England or between NI and Éire. But unless you are pitching for reunification, there isn't a solution, and there never was, so it will never be over. We'll just limp on in unfinished Brexit limbo forever.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, hansombeast said:

We voted leave, end of story

We joined an economic treaty in 74 under ted heath, not to join a non democratic block telling you how to run your country.

We have left end off

And yet here we are with an unfinished Brexit and public opinion moving inexorably against Brexit.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/987347/brexit-opinion-poll/

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Your ageist fixation with Biden is not the topic of conversation.

Brexit has put the UK in a very weak position, the US will dictate the limits of the UK’s negotiations wrt to Northern Ireland and will not permit the UK’s Brexit madness as to to put the Good Friday Agreement at risk.

Oh, and that hoped for post Brexit UK/US Free Trade Agreement - it ain’t happening anytime soon, not even penciled in.

Even the lettuce managed to grasp that reality.

I am not concerned with Biden's age. If he was mentally competent he could be 179 (not only 79) for all I care.

However, he is clearly suffering from some form of dementia. As the leader of the US, that is very concerning to me. Anyone who confused Cambodia with Columbia while opening a summit in Cambodia is clearly a very confused man. It's not like it was a one off, it's pretty much a weekly occurence. Last month it was "Where's Jackie?". Jackie was already dead. Beyond embarrassing. I could provide countless other examples. Shaking hands with invisible men for example. Need links?

image.png.03e58d2b0c71e18188ac93e717923f9b.png

The US will not dictate anything re Northern Ireland. Northern Ireland is part of the UK if you hadn't noticed. The US have already said a trade deal is off the table so they have already played their hand. The UK has no need to bow to them now, despite what Americans would like to think.

50 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

When did Biden ever school anyone?

He'll probably confuse Ireland with Iran. Just like he just thought Cambodia was Columbia.

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-kicks-off-asean-summit-getting-host-country-wrong-1759105

The guy's senile and nobody takes him seriously, least of all the UK PM. Ireland is not his business. We will humour him, then politely send him on his way.

Your opinion is infantile and insulting and as usual centred on Fox news's interpretation of what is important (he's old, we get it).

Any chance of coming up with something that isn't just a Trump type personal insult?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

I am not concerned with Biden's age. If he was mentally competent he could be 179 (not only 79) for all I care.

However, he is clearly suffering from some form of dementia. As the leader of the US, that is very concerning to me. Anyone who confused Cambodia with Columbia while opening a summit in Cambodia is clearly a very confused man. It's not like it was a one off, it's pretty much a weekly occurence. Last month it was "Where's Jackie?". Jackie was already dead. Beyond embarrassing. I could provide countless other examples. Shaking hands with invisible men for example. Need links?

The US will not dictate anything re Northern Ireland. Northern Ireland is part of the UK if you hadn't noticed. The US have already said a trade deal is off the table so they have already played their hand. The UK has no need to bow to them now, despite what Americans would like to think.

Unlike your hero Trump who of course never got anything wrong or indeed was so precise with everything he said

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/12/donald-trump-stupid-moments-dumb-comments.html

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, johnnybangkok said:

Your opinion is infantile and insulting and as usual centred on Fox news's interpretation of what is important (he's old, we get it).

Any chance of coming up with something that isn't just a Trump type personal insult?

There are plenty of examples to back up what I wrote. Facts are facts, whether you like them or not. 

I repeat, his age does not concern me. His mental capacity does. 

45 minutes ago, Slip said:

Irony is dead in this topic.  A leaver starts a thread moaning about remainers and telling them to move on.  The bad news for the gammonati is it's far from over.  It's not a matter of if the UK will rejoin but when, though it may take a while before even the most pig-headed farage fan boi finally gets it.

Oh and when will the pigs fly?

Just now, johnnybangkok said:

Unlike your hero Trump who of course never got anything wrong or indeed was so precise with everything he said

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/12/donald-trump-stupid-moments-dumb-comments.html

Strawman. A weak one at that.

Trump is not my hero. Never was. Never will be. 

Maybe better argue against my actual opinons as opposed to opinions you have maliciously provided on my behalf, no?

14 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

The lettuce got the message, rest assured so has Sunak:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/northern-ireland-liz-truss-us-biden-b2162292.html

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 2