brexit.its over let it go

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

One of your ilk was on here just today complaining about Polish contract workers. They weren't illegal. That was cited as a benefit of brexit. I'm waiting for someone to explain how Britain benefited from brexit.

I've already explained it to you.

I can't understand it for you. It's impossible with your ilk.

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Of course, the ‘It’s always somebody else’s fault’ defense.

No, it won’t wash.

Nobody was forcing Brexiteers to make statements on nations queuing up to make trade deals with the UK post Brexit.

A trade deal with the US was central to Brexiteer hopes for those sunlit uplands.

Nothing at all to do with ‘Remainers’.

Seems that 71 were queued up. Not too shabby in a couple of years. Plenty more to come.

Remainers were saying they'd take decades. Not so.

Brexiteers didn't care what the US thought. In fact, Obama saying we were back of the queue for a trade deal probably got Brexit pushed over the line. Thanks Barack, we owe you one.

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Show me a country that destroys its most significant trading partnership in a bid to end illegal immigration (your claim that was a motivation) and then fails miserably to do so.

I can't name a single one.

Certainly not the UK.

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Until you look at the details:

Most recently it signed a deal with New Zealandon 28 February 2022. 

New Zealand is a small trading partner, accounting for less than 0.2% of total UK trade”

Before Brexit, the UK was automatically part of any trade deal the EU had negotiated with another country. At the time the UK left, the EU had about 40 trade deals covering more than 70 countries.

The UK government says it has secured rollover deals with 69 of the original countries.”

More Brexit smoke and mirrors.

Does the EU have a trade deal with the US?

11 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Does the EU have a trade deal with the US?

No.

But the EU is the world’s largest free trade area, it doesn’t need a free trade agreement with the US, it’s large enough to do without it.

The UK on the other hand has withdrawn from the largest free trade agreement, replaced it with tariffs, taxes and bureaucracy and the UK economy is now suffering as a consequence.

It was Brexiteers who were claiming a US trade deal would fill the gap left by the madness that is Brexit.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No.

The rest was fluff.

No, it doesn't have a trade deal, and it still does plenty of trade with the US. In fact, the US is the EU's largest trade partner without one.

image.png.be3c88d95427f6504f73d800267606b1.png

They are un-necessary. Most of the trade around the world is done without trade deals. Biden can threaten us all he wants, we won't change policy on NI because of some vague promise of a trade deal with the US. Biden will be gone long before anything is agreed anyway. He can pontificate all he wants, it won't make any difference to us.

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Still waiting for those tangible Brexit benefits?

Rees-Mogg couldn’t find them, can anyone here do better?

We're just waiting for you to admit they exist. ????

I won't be holding my breath.

13 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

North Korea!

Not quite true. They do exist, but obviously not many people from around the world want to live in North Korea. Legally or illegally.

Britain on the other hand is one of the most welcoming, friendly, diverse countries on earth, despite the rhetoric from people from countries with far harsher immigration policies.

3 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

1. Being out of the failing, undemocratic federalist project that is the EU before it collapses. Do you have a spare crystal ball that I could use?

2. Getting a head start on the vaccine rollout. Possibly although I don't think being part of EU would have changed that.

3. Record low unemployment. UK unemployment rate for 2021 was 4.53% , a 0.05% increase from 2020. UK unemployment rate for 2020 was 4.47%, a 0.73% increase from 2019. UK unemployment rate for 2019 was 3.74%, a 0.26% decline from 2018. UK unemployment rate for 2018 was 4.00%, a 0.33% decline from 2017. So unemployment has risen from 2018 to 2021 so that's wrong.

4. Being able to hold our own politicians to account without them being able to blame Brussels. Always had that.

5. Regaining sovereignty. Always had that.

6. Being able to make our own laws, laws made by our own politicians that were elected by the UK electorate. Always had that.

7. No longer propping up the economies of Poland, Greece, Hungary with vast net contributions set by Brussels. From January 2021, the estimated bill was £25bn left to pay by 2057, according to the Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR), almost £18bn of which will be paid in the first five years.   https://www.bbc.com/news/51110096. Also, The UK contributes to a fund which could be used to channel emergency funding to Eurozone countries, but an EU law made in 2015 ensures that the UK would be “immediately and fully compensated” for any losses caused by a Eurozone member.   https://fullfact.org/europe/will-uk-pay-future-eurozone-bailouts/

I did asks for facts.

Here are some facts for you.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/unemployment-rate#:~:text=Unemployment Rate in the United,percent in December of 1973.

image.png.c8289a5face8e5845a7247599fa48eaf.png

image.png.f6adca16c74fdb57846b7f20b825791d.png

image.png.1f88d34816925f7dd016b462b6d6f526.png

45 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

2. Getting a head start on the vaccine rollout. Possibly although I don't think being part of EU would have changed that.

It would have . 

The E.U had numerous rules and bureaucracy that the U.K would have needed to comply with  and rules and regulations to comply with the E.U . 

The independent UK made the vaccine and was selling it Worldwide  and vaccinating British people , whilst the E.U still waiting and following all their rules and regulations and they didnt have a vaccine 

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

One of your ilk was on here just today complaining about Polish contract workers. They weren't illegal. That was cited as a benefit of brexit. I'm waiting for someone to explain how Britain benefited from brexit.

That was me .

My point was that British workers now don't need to go to Warsaw to apply for jobs advertised in Polish newspapers  for hod carrying  jobs on building sites in Cricklewood 

3 hours ago, hansombeast said:

We voted leave, end of story

We joined an economic treaty in 74 under ted heath, not to join a non democratic block telling you how to run your country.

We have left end off

No one was telling the UK how to run their own country.  I wish someone was now, as the people in power don't see to have a clue how to run a sweet shop let alone the country. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It would have . 

The E.U had numerous rules and bureaucracy that the U.K would have needed to comply with  and rules and regulations to comply with the E.U . 

The independent UK made the vaccine and was selling it Worldwide  and vaccinating British people , whilst the E.U still waiting and following all their rules and regulations and they didnt have a vaccine 

It simply isn't true to say that membership of the EU would have prevented the UK following a vaccination programme of its' own choosing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

So many, difficult to know where to start.

1. Being out of the failing, undemocratic federalist project that is the EU before it collapses.

2. Getting a head start on the vaccine rollout.

3. Record low unemployment.

4. Being able to hold our own politicians to account without them being able to blame Brussels.

5. Regaining sovereignty.

6. Being able to make our own laws, laws made by our own politicians that were elected by the UK electorate.

7. No longer propping up the economies of Poland, Greece, Hungary with vast net contributions set by Brussels.

Oh sorry got carried away, you only wanted 5.

What country are you living in?! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I started on p.5 and got to p.20 before giving up.

Achievements include reintroducing blue passports; suggesting that imperial measurements might be used instead of metric and the 'jewel in the crown' (pun intended), enabling businesses to use a crown symbol on pint glasses.

And to think that the government of the UK allowed such banality to be published under its' name.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Is that all you've got as I can come up with stats that say exactly the opposite?

• U.K. unemployment rate for 2021 was 4.53%, a 0.05% increase from 2020.
  • U.K. unemployment rate for 2020 was 4.47%, a 0.73% increase from 2019.
  • U.K. unemployment rate for 2019 was 3.74%, a 0.26% decline from 2018.
  • U.K. unemployment rate for 2018 was 4.00%, a 0.33% decline from 2017.

https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/GBR/united-kingdom/unemployment-rate 

And obvioulsy unemployment is going down now as, you know, worldwide pandemic and all that.

And is that the only reply you are going to offer? Are you just going to ignore the other 6 points the YOU raised?