brexit.its over let it go

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

They're not doing a trade deal anyway. They've had years to do one with the EU and never did a proper one.

image.png.181d27c0118c211852a905ef96c46caf.png

Everyone knows it, so trying to repeatedly use it as a threat is never going to work. No trade deal, no problem. We'll do what we want with NI. Joe can jog on, well, stumble on...

1 hour ago, bert bloggs said:

Sick of reading remainer posts day after dsy after day,get a life ,

Then don't read the posts and you may/will have your life back.

There are many threads on AN that I followed and eventually dumped as boring and repetitive.

Do I miss them? Not in the slightest. If I see one I might take a look or not.

There are many new post to look at every day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Oh, and that hoped for post Brexit UK/US Free Trade Agreement - it ain’t happening anytime soon, not even penciled in.

I don't believe in free trade agreements.

It's always so large corporations can ship cheap stuff from the 3rd world to the western world.

Best to ban all imports of everything from everywhere and make your own consumables.

Best to build a high wall around your country and kill all the foreign invaders.

Any foreigners you do let in, make them keep 25,000 pounds in a UK bank account, prohibit them from owning UK property and have them report to police stations every 90 days forever.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's always so large corporations can ship cheap stuff from the 3rd world to the western world.

Best to ban all imports of everything from everywhere and make your own consumables.

Best to build a high wall around your country and kill all the foreign invaders.

Trade deals are hugely over-rated.

Plenty of countries do huge trade numbers without one. And plenty of countries with trade deals do very little trade at all.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Since all you Brexit fans want to do is let us know 'it's done' and 'get over it', perhaps you will be nice enough to let us also know what the benefits have been so far?

Top 5 will do and facts would be great.   

Start on Page 8:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1054643/benefits-of-brexit.pdf

2 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

its over ,we voted for Brexit whether you like it or not ,even Labour said this week there will not be another vote,so please get over it ,and stop going on and on and on and on.

get a life remainers ,

It is obvious that the Brexiters don't want to hear anymore how they ruined the lives of so many people.

Just pretend all is fine. The UK is doing great. All those expected worldwide trading agreements are done, the future looks bright.

Nothing to see here...

Yeah, sure. In your position I would also prefer that nobody reminds me of what you did to the UK.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

But it’s not over.

Sunak is meeting with Biden who will school Sunak on what is and is not acceptable wrt Brexit and Ireland (still not settled).

The trade agreement the YK has with the EU is an interim agreement and must be renegotiated again in 2026.

The UK still hasn’t put in place the necessary imported goods inspections at British ports, leaving the UK open to smuggling, excise evasion and dangerous goods.

The UK Government has not yet figured out what to do with Rees-Mogg’s EU Law and Regulation reform act, which if implemented will further damage the UK economy and international standing.

The impacts of Brexit are becoming increasingly apparent as the cover provided by COVID and Russia’s invasion of the Ukraine recede.

And…… The UK is a democracy, the Brexit referendum did not suspend the right of people in the UK to discuss the damage Brexit has done and is doing, nor does it suspend the right of people in the UK to campaign for the reversal of Brexit.

Brexit supporters can silence all such arguments by providing evidence of tangible benefits, refuting with evidence the damage Brexit is done and of course pointing at the vast open Sunlit Uplands, which surely ought to be visible by now.

Brexit isn’t done, not by a long way.

Fact.

Why do you mention fact?

Brexiters don't want to hear facts.

Listening to facts would destroy their distorted vision. They don't want that.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

They're not doing a trade deal anyway. They've had years to do one with the EU and never did a proper one.

image.png.181d27c0118c211852a905ef96c46caf.png

Everyone knows it, so trying to repeatedly use it as a threat is never going to work. No trade deal, no problem. We'll do what we want with NI. Joe can jog on, well, stumble on...

It seems everyone knew except the Brexiteers who where claiming it as a Brexit benefit.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Any foreigners you do let in, make them keep 25,000 pounds in a UK bank account, prohibit them from owning UK property and have them report to police stations every 90 days forever.

I think this has been tried before, it goes by the name of ‘The Year Zero Option’ or in Brexit parlance as ‘You can eat whatever you want so long as it’s turnips’.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Then why don't you see that Brexit is a failure? 

Because it isn't.

Same as most things, there are upsides and downsides. We knew that when we voted. However, to declare it a failure at this stage would be like declaring the winner of a marathon after the first couple of miles. 

It took decades for the EU to wrap us up in so much red tape we could barely breathe. It will take several more years before we fully disentangle ourselves from that. But it will be worth it, especially when the EU moves onto ever more integration i.e. the EU Army, more regulations, more eastern bloc countries joining etc. 

It's not like the EU is going from strength to strength.

https://www.euronews.com/my-europe/2022/11/11/europes-record-inflation-will-peak-at-year-end-but-remain-high-in-2023-says-brussels

image.png.086d157325c446420d7c2df53affb677.png

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It seems everyone knew except the Brexiteers who where claiming it as a Brexit benefit.

Given that the EU do so much trade with the US without one, why should be afraid of not having one?

Joe is trying to use it as a stick to beat us with. Trouble is, the stick is flaccid. And Joe is pointing it in the wrong direction. 

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Given that the EU do so much trade with the US without one, why should be afraid of not having one?

Joe is trying to use it as a stick to beat us with. Trouble is, the stick is flaccid. And Joe is pointing it in the wrong direction. 

So why did Brexiteers make all those promises about easy trade deals as a benefit of Brexit?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

They don't care, it's all about trying to block immigration

You missed the word "illegal". We don't want illegal immigration. 

Same as Thailand, Australia, and most nations around the world. Trying to stop illegal immigration is not unique to Britain. It's a perfectly normal policy. There is nothing fascistic, racist or nasty about it. It's SOP for governments around the world. Hence the widespread use of passports, border controls etc.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Trade deals are hugely over-rated.

Plenty of countries do huge trade numbers without one. And plenty of countries with trade deals do very little trade at all.

So why did Brexiteers make all those promises about easy trade deals as a benefit of Brexit?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Same as Thailand, Australia, and most nations around the world. Trying to stop illegal immigration is not unique to Britain. It's a perfectly normal policy. There is nothing fascistic, racist or nasty about it. It's SOP for governments around the world. Hence the widespread use of passports, border controls etc.

They didn't need brexit to block illegal immigration. It was illegal before brexit. It's about any immigration.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

So are you going to claim Brexit stopped illegal immigration?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

They didn't need brexit to block illegal immigration. It was illegal before brexit. It's about any immigration.

Brexit was never about blocking legal immigration. We've had legal immigration since long before the EU.

That's just a Remainer/Rejoiner trope. Alive and well I see.????

Edited by JonnyF

1 minute ago, sammieuk1 said:

Unfortunately you cant let Brexit go when you get the stark reminder of what it did to the pound every time you exchange the wrenched things my personal calculation is a about 1.5m Baht loss and increasing ???? 

What about if you send money the other way, like I do? 

What if you are an exporter?

It's not all about you.

Just now, JonnyF said:

Brexit was never about blocking legal immigration. We've had legal immigration since long before the EU.

That's just a <deleted> trope. Alive and well I see.????

One of your ilk was on here just today complaining about Polish contract workers. They weren't illegal. That was cited as a benefit of brexit. I'm waiting for someone to explain how Britain benefited from brexit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Probably because Remainers were saying they were essential, that we'd never get any and we'd collapse within 6 months.

We've done 71 so far.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47213842

Of course, the ‘It’s always somebody else’s fault’ defense.

No, it won’t wash.

Nobody was forcing Brexiteers to make statements on nations queuing up to make trade deals with the UK post Brexit.

A trade deal with the US was central to Brexiteer hopes for those sunlit uplands.

Nothing at all to do with ‘Remainers’.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1