Standalone Gas Oven that don't cost the earth.

JeffersLos

Looking on Google shopping, the Beko looks nice, and only 7,500 THB.

https://www.tradeinn.com/techinn/en/beko-csg-42010-dwn-natural-gas-cooker-4-zones---oven/137756946/p?utm_source=google_products&utm_medium=merchant&id_producte=11655532&country=th

spacer.png

Unfortunately it needs to be shipped to Thailand, so dampens that flame. 

Can anybody recommend a standalone gas oven that doesn't cost the Earth, and which retailer sells them.

I already have an airfryer, thank you. ????

If you do buy from overseas make sure that it's compatible with the Thai LPG (mostly propane). Unless of course you do actually have a natural gas supply.

A unit jetted for natural gas will not work correctly and may even prove hazardous (it probably won't blow the bloody doors off but carbon monoxide is a silent killer).

Most people go electric oven and gas or mixed fuel hob (cooktop).

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Better buy one here as custom's duties and shipping  going to you a lot more than buying a good one here, you don't want to deal with Thai customs they're a nightmare to deal with...

57 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Have many around the same price if you look at Lazada. There, customs are paid, if they ship from another country.

Yes, that is what I mean. 

I prefer to buy such items at a store, so can look and feel the quality of things like hinges, seals etc. 

Are there any main retailers in Thailand that sell them at a reasonable price?

In most areas HomePro is the primary retail outlet for household items.  Few people have so unlikely to be on display at normal gas supply stores.

This seems to be the only unit in low price range on Lazada (and no indication seller has sold anything - although finding anything there is hit or miss).  It may be best to buy the low price and plan to replace often as these units seem to be very thin steel that rusts quickly (from many years of experience).  We have given up and now use gas burners but electric counter top ovens (which are much easier to use).  

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/gestreo-4-gs-k50-q01w-4-burner-gas-stove-with-oven-i3821239380-s14561415086.htmlnull__null__0

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1

Beko has a very poor reputation in UK mainly due to its laundry appliances catching fire. I have no knowledge of their gas cookers but I would be very wary of them. Their build quality is patchy.

I have a Tecno bought from Lazada 5years ago and it has so far been trouble free. Incidently, a week after I ordered it, HomePro had the same model on a discount 3000 Baht cheaper!

22 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Op, I got the unit above.

It's not perfect but for the money it does what it says on the tin.

I do Sunday roast in it. very nice.

The faults.

1) no insulation so its just a tin can.

2) burner in oven ,forget the auto lighter, use one of the gas lighters.

3) all control knobs only have high or low settings.

4) need to clean stove top, after use,  stainless steal is poor quality.

5) could do with a second shelf for oven.

6) a little difficult to control temperature, in oven,

but after a few goes ,you will  be fine.

7) The stove burners are not that power full but again  does the job, kettle, saucepan small frying pan. it's not the same as the big Thai gas burners you see at the side of the road.

All that said it's ok for the price, and does the job. all stove burners work fine

be aware it's very light weight.

I'm happy with it for the price.

Been using it for  the last 11 months, ok so far.

Gas bottle Is stored outside the home. with a pipe through the wall.

Only after the third attempt at buying this did i get any success, first two

were damaged in transit., third time i was lucky, three different seller I used.

Edited by Orinoco
  • Like 1