Long prison sentences for madams who preyed on children - man who slept with child gets 12 years

webfact

51 minutes ago, FarAway said:

Why is this likely? How can you know? Nothing in life is without consequences, so it would be ignorant to assume that life in itself is without consequences.

But anyway, people like you want to belief in no God and no heaven/hell because it makes it easier to justify your behavior, so I will not try to convince you, it is impossible to convince people like you anyway.

You will see at the end of your life and will be surprised. The surprise might not be in your favor. 

I prefer not to believe in something for which not a shred of evidence exists . Now before you think of positing that I can’t prove god/hell DOESNT exist,I’ll refer you to "Russel's teapot".

What a sick society ......... apart from the pimps/madams and the customers one should also nail the parents of those minors. Most likely the "financial compensation" went to the parents - wondering, how much of it will be available to the affected minors once they are of legal age. 

Pedophiles, rapists and drug dealers - the whole bunch should face the death sentence; you cannot heal pedophiles nor rapists and drug dealers are in "voluntary manslaughter business" to say the least! 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, FarAway said:

I am not a Muslim, why should I like to live in Saudi Arabia?
Just because I think that in most countries the "justice" system is way too soft for offenses like that?

What a senseless comment.

Most of society rightfully hate these people, that is why in many developing countries child rapists and murderers just get tortured and killed in jail.  Awesome.

While sadly in most "modern" countries they get protected by the Police, if they even get jailed at all.

In my home country Germany you rot years in prison if you do not accept the theft of the government commonly called "taxes", but if you molest 100 kids you can get out on probation. This is because many of the people there in the justice system, especially the judges, are obese old men who engage in these activities themself.

Once I met a public prosecutor from Germany in a holiday on the Dominican Republic. Old and obese. Everyone knew what he was up to there.

So these jail sentences here are kind of a justification for me, but again, not enough. Public hanging or better publicly cutting off their balls and then slowly led these animals bleed to death.

I am a father of a young girl and if anyone just ever touches my daughter, just touch, then I will make sure only God can judge him.

I agree with most of what you said. But some of what you said doesn't make sense..

"I am not a Muslim, why should I like to live in Saudi Arabia?
Just because I think that in most countries the "justice" system is way too soft for offenses like that?

What a senseless comment."

You dont have to be a Muslim ti live in Saudi Arabia, stupid comment really.

I lived there for 3 years, i am not a Muslim I worked there.

The point I was making, obviously you didn't get it,  was, in Saudi Arabia they still have public beheadings and stoning's and believe me you do not want to see it.

Justice is severe there, but there is still crime!

41 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

There is no me or you, no seeker, no enlightenment, no disciple and no guru. There is no better or worse, no path or purpose, and nothing that has to be achieved.

All appearance is source. All that apparently manifests in the hypnotic dream of separation – the world, the life story, the search for home, is one appearing as two, the nothing appearing as everything, the absolute appearing as the particular.

There is no separate intelligence weaving a destiny and no choice functioning at any level. Nothing is happening but this, as it is, invites the apparent seeker to rediscover that which is . . . the abiding, uncaused, unchanging, impersonal silence from which unconditional love overflows and celebrates. It is the wonderful mystery.

An excerpt from 'The open Secret' by Tony Parsons who had a spontaneous revelation while walking through a London Park, he sat down in shock realizing that not only did he not really exist but that he never had done.

Timefor a whiskey after that!

• Thumbs Up 1

I have never been in favor of the death penalty as once in a while an innocent person gets executed. One is too much.

While the UK no longer kills people after the Derek Bentley case (later given a posthumous pardon. He must have been so happy). America, Australia and other countries later discovered evidence proving the innocence of people wrongfully executed. So before gleefully calling for the death penalty remember it could be you who goes kicking and screaming to the execution protesting your innocence to the grave. Hey, you may get a "sorry" later.

In the case of sex with minors no doubt the penalties of up to 50 years are high (and in Thailand they don't always have early release like in western countries, unless you are rich or hire the right lawyer), it does go to show that foreigners are not the only ones here who commit terrible crimes. 

2 hours ago, FarAway said:

Why is this likely? How can you know? Nothing in life is without consequences, so it would be ignorant to assume that life in itself is without consequences.

But anyway, people like you want to belief in no God and no heaven/hell because it makes it easier to justify your behavior, so I will not try to convince you, it is impossible to convince people like you anyway.

You will see at the end of your life and will be surprised. The surprise might not be in your favor. 

Just as you profess to know the opposite.

I myself do not believe in heaven/hell. As for those that do, I have no desire to convince them otherwise. Your statement that: the surprise ...... is without consequence.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

That might be the case in the west, but I believe elsewhere sentences are taken seriously (apart for the Thai habit of imposing unrealistic sentences of 100+ years).

Unrealistic sentences...no doubt copying the US system. Nothing strictly Thai about it. 

2 hours ago, Confuscious said:

At the rate that people are send to prison, soon there will nobody left on the streets.

yes .... and i'm sure this happens all over Thailand, Cambodia & Laos every day of the week.  

13 is just way too young,  the parents are as much responsible and should be charged with neglect.

11 hours ago, mjakob007 said:

It involves a sex ring offering girls as young as 13 up to 18 to civil servants, doctors and medical staff, soldiers and businessmen.

Why were other culprits not apprehended and dealt with?

If you read the article it says that their cases are ongoing. We can only hope the ' get out of jail free' card doesn't come into play.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

It involves a sex ring offering girls as young as 13 up to 18 to civil servants, doctors and medical staff, soldiers and businessmen.

I have words for these predators... but I cannot print them here..

15 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

That might be the case in the west, but I believe elsewhere sentences are taken seriously (apart for the Thai habit of imposing unrealistic sentences of 100+ years).

And halving them on admission of guilt.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sparktrader said:
20 hours ago, webfact said:

This was reduced by half to 157 years on admission.

The most they can serve according to the law is 50 years so that was the final sentence.

So why give 157?

Multiple charges each carrying a separate jail sentence, exactly the same procedure as happens in other countries.