Have you recently become more concerned about Inflation, Stagflation, and the Price of Eggs?

GammaGlobulin

33 minutes ago, roo860 said:

Drug dealer scales!????????

Nah, my old triple beam would fit that description more:

image.png.b5980374a7a2ce48f81b034f3fb6de04.png

IF you bake, you really do need a scale.  I even use mine for making consistent coffee.  50gr coffee / 200-350gr water (pre-filter), depending if straight black American, Flat white or Cappuccino.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

There is absolutely nothing I can do about inflation etc, so why worry about it?

I don't have a mortgage so don't have to worry about losing my home.

If the pension becomes too low to rent anything I can buy a van and live in a carpark like many do now.

If food becomes too expensive I understand that dog food is nutritious.

End of the day, I've past my sell bay date anyway, so nothing to regret if worst comes to worst.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No, this has been a concern for years. It was quite easy to see the creeping inflation which picked up pace after 2010. Full blown concern after the covid money for the FSA.

So many economic indicators said / say don't inject money into the economy. But that they did. They had no choice, no other way to pay for pensions and prop up what's left of middle class lifestyle.

The US Ukraine money is highly suspect. The student loans for people that studied worthless majors and often didn't even finish. The Woke. That's a massive inflationary hit for US.

This is going to end very badly.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/19/2022 at 1:52 AM, Laphroaig27 said:

No, this has been a concern for years. It was quite easy to see the creeping inflation which picked up pace after 2010. Full blown concern after the covid money for the FSA.

Remember "quantitative easing"? Printing money based on nothing. What else would happen other than inflation? After all, inflation is basically too much money and too few goods or services to buy with it.

On 11/18/2022 at 7:52 PM, Laphroaig27 said:

So many economic indicators said / say don't inject money into the economy. But that they did. They had no choice, no other way to pay for pensions and prop up what's left of middle class lifestyle.

The US Ukraine money is highly suspect. The student loans for people that studied worthless majors and often didn't even finish. The Woke. That's a massive inflationary hit for US.

This is going to end very badly.

After 2010 inflation picked up pace? You think that's significant. The world economy starting taking a dive after the financial meltdown. Naturally depression era economics took over and inflation dipped. But even over the medium term inflation didn't accelerate.

Edited by placeholder
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Remember "quantitative easing"? Printing money based on nothing. What else would happen other than inflation? After all, inflation is basically too much money and too few goods or services to buy with it.

What alternative universe do you live in? Inflation did not increase after QE much to the disappointment of those right wingers who predicted that it would.

13 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Except inflation didn't happen. Apart from that though, great comment.