Bangkok: Annual Health Check Up Recommendations

ReloTH

If anyone has done the research & could advise to save me the leg work well that would be greatly appreciated!

As part of my Work Insurance coverage I am able to claim up to 12,000 THB for an Annual Health Check Up.

A few googles have got me to the big name private hospitals (which is fine) but all with varying degrees of items under their coverage & rarely consistent I note in terms of what is checked.

Also I should share I don’t mind adding extra funds of my own money either as required to top up above the coverage.

Thank you! 

siriraj hospital some 4500b (that includes 25% surcharge for foreigners).

I would save half money for follow up check ups.

If over 45 yo and healthy I would go only for colonoscopy (at private hospitals special offers from 15k, at the governmental cheaper, but a few month waiting list  - colonoscopy and gastroscopy 18.5k)

I had one 18 months ago at Bumungrad, it lasted all day, think was 25k,  best would be to check the different packages at other hospitals it should be on their websites, look through and decide what tests you want. below is link to see Bumungrads prices

ie  https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/health-check-up-center-bangkok-thailand-jci-best/check-up-packages

The packages are not well designed (miss imporrsnt things and vontain unnecessary ones)  and hospitals if asked will just recommend the package listed for your age.

You need to do your own homework as to what tests are needed based on your age, family history and any known risk factors.  Or if you want provide that information here and I will reply. 

It is often best to take a low end oacjage and add tests on as needed rather than Look for a package that has evetything as it will also likely involve things you don't need and vost more.  Note that the unnecessary inclusions (e.g abdominal ultrasounds) tend to lead to additional unnecessary and costly tests and even surgeries.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

you can google 'bumrungrad health screening programs' and there is a chart that shows prices for various packages and what is done in each package.  the 'executive' is approx.  14,000thb.  i've done that one a few times.  i remember paying 18,000thb at one point but maybe they dropped a test or two.  i'm no expert on these things but i like the stress test as a check on the heart.  i had one that required alot of waiting for each test (you go room to room).  but the others i did were all fairly quick.  arrived around 7:30am and done by 11am. (the long one was about two hours longer).  they have an area with food available so you can snack on some stuff once you've done the blood test and couple other things.

i'm sure bumrungrad is not the lowest price option.  but it is convenient to where i am and i've had all kinds of stuff done there.  i visit several times a year.  satisfied with the service.

My personal recommendation is the mission hospital 430 Phitsanulok Rd, Si Yaek Maha Nak, Dusit District, Bangkok 10300 https://mission-hospital.org/en/ I and SWMBO used them for many years, the only reason that we stopped was because we moved to Udon Thani so don’t visit Bangkok often.

hospitals like bumrungrad may just possibly have a few extra tests however the main difference is in the prices they charge.

All hospitals will have English speaking doctors (many doctors in Thailand can speak English anyway) even in my local clinic and hospital in deepest Issan most doctors and pharmacists speak English.

Edited by sometimewoodworker