Is a term lease in hand required to renew a non-O extension of stay?

I'm flying in on Friday Dec. 10, Monday the 12th is a holiday, must renew my non-O by 20. I don't know yet where I will be staying--but almost certainly not in my old rental in Trendy 13. Can I just set up in a hotel and go to Chaeng Wattana to renew and tell them that I'm in a hotel and looking for the best long term place to commit to for the next several months? and will report when I'm situated? Or must I commit to a term lease place to stay before arriving? I've been away since July, so forgot a lot of the details, but have a re-entry permit. Money is in the bank, in baht. Thanks all.

You would be obtaining a 12 month extension based on retirement? 

You will need a TM30 as seems you will be staying at new address.

When checking into hotel make sure they are filing a TM30 and can provide you a screenshot of that..

Assume that you have met the financial requirements over past 12 months. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks much for the two above replies. Question: If it's the owner's responsibility to file a TM30, how do I "have" it? By asking the owner to show me and taking a picture and making a screenshot?

My old place in The Trendy never filed that form and said so. Another recent thread on this forum indicated that compliance and enforcement is all over the place. But I will see if i can comply. 

The main point I'm getting is that it is not necessary at first to have a long term commitment in writing to extend a non-O by reason of retirement. I meet all the other requirements I believe. Thanks.

My immigration requires a photo of my house, a photo of me standing in front of my house, a google map of my house location AND.....a hand drawn map of the house location....for a non O extension.  Back when I was renting they wanted copy of the lease AND signed photocopy of Thai Landlords ID card.  They like to get that information because it opens the door for some tea money in the advent that the Thai land lord has failed to lodge the TM30.

1 hour ago, bwanajohn said:

If you're doing the renewal with 800k in the bank you need to get on to getting 12 month statement from bank ..takes minimum of 5 working days 

Agent got it at bank branch at CW on the day we renewed. Not 5 days needed.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bwanajohn said:

If you're doing the renewal with 800k in the bank you need to get on to getting 12 month statement from bank ..takes minimum of 5 working days 

Krungsri has always done it while I wait when I go to the central branch at Chit Lom where I first opened the account. I would go there first in the morning and then out to CW. But thanks for reminding me of that step.