Lazada again - Potential scam? I'm not sure how. But ...

Crossy

Thailand Post can send huge items weighing hundreds of kilograms. So that part of the story is BS.

As mentioned earlier they try to

1. Get customer lead exposure on Lazada

2. Not pay the Lazada and CC fees

3. Make you cancel the order so they get no penalty.

I appreciate someone hustling to make his business work but not at my inconvenience and not under false pretenses. So in cases like that I'd let them cancel it and then buy somewhere else. They already have shown they are not afraid to lie to you so better not do business with them.

It's the same on every platform. If the seller or Grad rider or whatever asks you to cancel then don't do it, let them cancel. Then negative pressure on them is needed to keep them honest.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

If they cannot use Lazada delievry, then  why are they advetrising on Lazada?  Buy from someone else!

PH

Its pretty obvious why....  They are using Lazada as a marketing platform.

A lot of people will use Lazada as a search-engine for shopping... Its a sensible move for them to list their item on Lazada... 

... Clearly they are attempting to avoid any additional costs due to Lazada or credit cards (which perhaps lazada passes on to them) - this improves their bottom line.

I can’t say I blame them for contacting the Op - I imagine most Thai’s would be fine with this, but many of us westerners would be more suspicious - I don’t see anything underhand going on there though.

5 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

Why is the Supplier selling products on lazada that lazada can't carry? 

B30 k is a lot to risk and if you are not sure, try elsewhere? 

Lazada can’t carry ????

The supplier its a ‘shop’ not a supplier to lazada which sells on the item...

Lazada doesn’t do the shipping - the seller does, unless the purchase is from LazMall. 

The shop is going to refund the online payment and has asked the Op to purchase the item directly. 

There’s no risk if he does that in person at the shop (if its convenient). 

Thanks everyone. I'm now pretty sure it's not actually an attempt to scam me, just to avoid Lazada and card fees. 

But the shop isn't convenient for us (convenience - the main reason to order on-line) so I will be going with another, slightly more expensive, supplier.

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Lazada can’t carry ????

The supplier its a ‘shop’ not a supplier to lazada which sells on the item...

Lazada doesn’t do the shipping - the seller does, unless the purchase is from LazMall. 

The shop is going to refund the online payment and has asked the Op to purchase the item directly. 

There’s no risk if he does that in person at the shop (if its convenient). 

Edited by ChrisKC

23 hours ago, steven100 said:

I guess at the end of the day,  if you can go and actually see & inspect the product at a shop or warehouse then that's fine.   See the goods,  pay the cash and it all done,  but I wouldn't send any money until you see and receive the product. 

"...at the end of the day..."

Best to go early, rather than the end of the day!  More time for a proper examination and negotiation.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lazada is a hassle when it comes to delivery. However I'm not convinced it advertises more unreliable goods than other sellers. As a test, try searching for "minoxidil foam" on Shopee, then on Lazada. Minoxidil is a topical for hair growth.

The hits on Lazada show realistic prices for a three-months supply (ie prices comparable to the price on Amazon.com). Shopee on the other hand lists suppliers with prices that are much too low for the product to be genuine.

A three-month supply of Rogaine foam on Lazada: 2400 Baht. Same on Shopee: between 757 and 1489 Baht. I thought at first there could be confusion as to the quantity, but the instances on Shopee do specify "3 ขวด".