Thai soccer fans will get to see all the 64 World Cup soccer matches

snoop1130

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

I think it's mostly Americans that don't like or understand football or soccer ....

they don't understand the concept of a draw  ,especially if  0 0 ,  as all their

games have large scores , I remember some years ago they wanted to introduce

4 quarters , better for advertisers , and bigger goals ,for more scores , and no draws.

But then I don't like American football,   too many stops and starts , throwing the ball

forward ,and everyone is tackling each other without the ball,  baseball = rounders

basketball = netball , played mostly by girls where   I come from 

regards worgeordie

Yet cricket was popular at one time in America, Bart King is still listed in Wisdens for his records.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bart_King

Any "legal" way to watch the matches on the internet while here in Thailand? I do not have a tv package or sat connection. I am on 3bbb internet. Otherwise will have to use some <deleted>ty streaming website that crashes while Germany wins the penalty shoot out vs England ???? (No offense I love the UK and lived there) Thanks!

1 hour ago, stat said:

Any "legal" way to watch the matches on the internet while here in Thailand? I do not have a tv package or sat connection. I am on 3bbb internet. Otherwise will have to use some <deleted>ty streaming website that crashes while Germany wins the penalty shoot out vs England ???? (No offense I love the UK and lived there) Thanks!

Watching the games on British Terrestrial TV (BBC 1 and ITV) with a VPN.

OR purchase an IPTV subscription. 

But, something 100% legal....  I’m not so sure. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, pegman said:

The part I don't get about soccer is when a player goes down to the ground like he has been shot when an opponent comes within 5' of him.  Game is seemingly devoid of any sort of dignity. In ice hockey our players  continue playing even if they break a bone or two. 

Typical Canadian response

• Thumbs Up 1

All 64 World Cup matches to be shown for free on Thai TV: Official
By Online Reporter

image.jpeg

There is some great news for football fans in Thailand.

On Thursday (Nov 17), a senior official from the country’s Sports Authority said that all 64 games of the upcoming FIFA World Cup, which kicks off this coming Sunday (Nov 20), will broadcast on free to air TV in Thailand.

According to Sports Authority of Thailand Governor Kongsak Yodmanee a last minute deal was reached with FIFA to secure the broadcast rights for the tournament.

The sports agency will pay 1.4 billion baht for a broadcast license, a reduction from the 1.6 billion baht previously quoted for the coverage.

Full story: https://www.huahintoday.com/thailand-news/all-64-world-cup-matches-to-be-shown-for-free-on-thai-tv-official/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2022-11-18

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

9 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Was this really ever in doubt?

I reckon the deal was done weeks ago but by announcing it at the eleventh hour just means everyone involved now looks like a real hero. Pats on the back all round....

They did exact same 4 years ago. I agree.

• Thanks 1