Thai soccer fans will get to see all the 64 World Cup soccer matches

snoop1130

17 minutes ago, Robert Tyrrell said:

Good Morning,

1.4 Billion Thai Baht for a Soccer Tournament !!?? ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS THAILAND !! Why don’t you use the money to help the poor , Or manage flood zones so people don’t have to wade through human sewage , Or establish a Nation Wide Solid waste collection system. 

Us$33m is cheap. Fifa wanted $36m

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, pegman said:

The part I don't get about soccer is when a player goes down to the ground like he has been shot when an opponent comes within 5' of him.  Game is seemingly devoid of any sort of dignity. In ice hockey our players  continue playing even if they break a bone or two. 

Same here, I prefer Rugby where a player gets a broken finger, tapes it up, and plays on.

Football......A game for gentlemen played by hooligans, Rugby a game for hooligans played by Gentlemen......

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pegman said:

The part I don't get about soccer is when a player goes down to the ground like he has been shot when an opponent comes within 5' of him.  Game is seemingly devoid of any sort of dignity. In ice hockey our players  continue playing even if they break a bone or two. 

Correct, soccer players are pussies!????

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Robert Tyrrell said:

Good Morning,

1.4 Billion Thai Baht for a Soccer Tournament !!?? ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS THAILAND !! Why don’t you use the money to help the poor , Or manage flood zones so people don’t have to wade through human sewage , Or establish a Nation Wide Solid waste collection system. 

Its 50 cents per person or 17 baht. Good luck helping the poor with 17 baht each 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Aforek said:

"

But then I don't like American football,   too many stops and starts , throwing the ball

forward ,and everyone is tackling each other without the ball,  baseball = rounders

basketball = netball , played mostly by girls where   I come from 

regards worgeordie"

Comparing two sports with oval ball, rugby is 1 million times more interesting and intense that American football 

Totally agree. American sports the players dress as if they are going to war with full body armour. They are afraid of getting hurt......Big pussies. Now a game like rugby which is a real man's sport and now it has been shown a game for real women too. They rely on skill to play the game and do not need to wear full body armour. Americans have to use brute force to win games like American football ( played with the hands not their feet )  and ice hocky etc.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Robert Tyrrell said:

Good Morning,

Probably a face-gaining thing, or placating the masses. ????

Ok halfway there, now we just need the bars to be legally allowed to open (and sell alcohol) for all the matches which will of course help the Thai gov recoup some of this money by the hugely increased spending in these bars that will occur during the world cup period.  

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Rugby is boring. League has action.

Dad used to be glued to League, with the late, great Eddie (and 'ere we are at Wigan) Waring.

Followed by the wrestling with Kent Walton. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aforek said:

"

But then I don't like American football,   too many stops and starts , throwing the ball

forward ,and everyone is tackling each other without the ball,  baseball = rounders

basketball = netball , played mostly by girls where   I come from 

regards worgeordie"

Comparing two sports with oval ball, rugby is 1 million times more interesting and intense that American football 

Maybe if you understood football in America it may change your mind?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Not too hard to work out. It’s called tactics, to try to get the ref to call a foul, but is thankfully less an issue nowadays with VAR etc. Anyway, dignity and ice hockey? Isn’t that the hobby where they fight every 5 minutes and dressed up in so much foam that you could drop off a cliff and not be hurt? ????

just like american football players......

11 minutes ago, blackshadow said:

just like american football players......

well when you've got a 300 pound offensive lineman coming at you at lightning speed with the intention of burying you (literally not figuratively) then you need all the big ol' padding you can get your hands on. 

Google Reggie White if you don't believe me. 

7 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Not too hard to work out. It’s called tactics, to try to get the ref to call a foul, but is thankfully less an issue nowadays with VAR etc. Anyway, dignity and ice hockey? Isn’t that the hobby where they fight every 5 minutes and dressed up in so much foam that you could drop off a cliff and not be hurt? ????

Well, no actually, not tactics, just cheating. You don't see rugby players, NFL players, in fact players in any other sport trying it on, faking injuries, arguing with the ref, having tantrums. Footballers, I mean soccer players, in general are a nauseating bunch of massively overpaid prima donnas. Send 'em off!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been watching the World Cup since 1954, when it was in Switzerland. Sad to see the quality of football decline since then, now that all the "world" takes part at some stage.

For those who know nothing about football, the only way you can enjoy (even minimally) the World Cup is if you choose a country or countries to follow, support, for whatever weird reason you yourself might have.  Thus a game between a Sunni Moslem state and a Shia might have some ooomf to it.  Or Wales to beat England.   Or Canada to beat USA.  Above all, the first stage will be interesting for these non-soccer reasons:  Also, USA to play one of George Bush's axis of evil, Iran.  Lots of non-football reasons to enjoy a game.

The heat in Qatar will, even now, be overwhelming, so....slow games no doubt.

9 hours ago, matchar said:

So if 15% tax goes to FIFA, to whom does the rest of the money go to...?????

Quatar.  Hosts of the World Cup. They'll still end up losing money but getting lots of International exposure. 

Edited by MrJ2U