FDA Warns Against Misleading Ad of Antiviral Nasal Spray

webfact

just a week ago the PM praised the producer for world's first anti-covid spray and thus helping to launch their  commercial campaign. He endorsed all those claims from an advert.

It's available online and some few selected shops, but not in pharmacies yet.

It's not much different from camilosan mouth spray, german made herbal remedy for throat and nasal infection, which is sold in every thai pharmacy for a fraction of price of that novelty.     

Cetylpyridinium chloride in form of cepacol original, which might work for covid, is not available in thailand from the beginning of this year. I have asked pharmacists why it's not sold anymore, but they didn't have a sensible answer. That is very strange development, as this medicine is still available worldwide

• Haha 1

I'm using the Canadian-Israeli VirX, available in Boots and on Lazada, designed specifically against Covid's vulnerabilities.

There is logic to its claims of how it works, but the academic papers are far from convincing so far. But with little else to choose from, I spray it up my nose prior to high-contact events. 

Anecdotally, I've now been in rooms on numerous occasions, for several hours, with people who later found they had COVID, and I've not yet ever had COVID (in as much as I've never had symptoms and never come out positive in weekly ATK tests).

But who knows if it works... It is wearisome but given the failures to stop cold infections not entirely surprising.

On 11/19/2022 at 7:07 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Just like the Aids cure they invented......Thailand the hub of puffed out chests and fakewitery

That’s a new for me.  I know Thais claimed to have invented a vaccine for Ebola about nine years ago.

19 minutes ago, lujanit said:

That’s a new for me.  I know Thais claimed to have invented a vaccine for Ebola about nine years ago.

Here you go

https://www.voanews.com/a/a-13-a-2002-07-13-13-thai-66500997/552956.html

The Thai inventors of a controversial AIDS drug, the V1 Immunitor, claim to have developed the world's first cure for the disease prompting thousands of HIV patients to clamor for treatment.