long term visa

So, guys and girls I have a few questions I lived in Thailand for many years but that was many years ago, I did visa runs every 3 months, so my question is can I still do the same, or do I need to apply for a retirement visa and deposit 800000 baht? What do I have to do first? Apply for a retirement visa where I live? Or just apply for a normal visa and change to a Retirement visa in Thailand? I am confused so please just helpful answers 

I assume you were applying for a tourist visa every 3 months. That may be possible now but you might have to choose different embassies or consulates to get them.

The easy route may be to apply for a non-o visa and then apply for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement.

You can apply for the non-o visa at immigration. You will need at least 15 days remaining on your stay in the country to apply for it. You will need 800k baht in a Thai bank on the day you apply for the visa,

See: https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/9.FOR-RETIREMENT-PURPOSES-50-YEARS-OLD-NON-O.pdf

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 day stay the non-o visa allows you could apply for the one year extension of stay. You will need the 800k baht to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you were applying for a tourist visa every 3 months. That may be possible now but you might have to choose different embassies or consulates to get them.

The easy route may be to apply for a non-o visa and then apply for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement.

You can apply for the non-o visa at immigration. You will need at least 15 days remaining on your stay in the country to apply for it. You will need 800k baht in a Thai bank on the day you apply for the visa,

See: https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/9.FOR-RETIREMENT-PURPOSES-50-YEARS-OLD-NON-O.pdf

Then during the last 30 day of the 90 day stay the non-o visa allows you could apply for the one year extension of stay. You will need the 800k baht to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply.

Thanks Joe very helpful