Data from Hunter Biden's laptop is real and was not planted by Russians looking to frame the Biden family: CBS News

Scott

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

“Now if fox does this are we sure the other side does not do this ?”

It works like this, evidence first teen accusation.

This was just a question because if one side does it and can get away with it why not the other side. Why would one believe anything from news agencies in the US if these things are allowed.

I am not saying is happening I am wondering IF its happening. Because there seems to be no punishment for stuff like this. Im totally shell shocked here after reading a few things about the fox drama.

Lying and knowing your lying. No apologies nothing only a settlement with dominion but they can go on lying on other stuff. Why are lies not being punished in the US ? These things polarize your whole country.

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

This was just a question because if one side does it and can get away with it why not the other side. Why would one believe anything from news agencies in the US if these things are allowed.

I am not saying is happening I am wondering IF its happening. Because there seems to be no punishment for stuff like this. Im totally shell shocked here after reading a few things about the fox drama.

Lying and knowing your lying. No apologies nothing only a settlement with dominion but they can go on lying on other stuff. Why are lies not being punished in the US ? These things polarize your whole country.

Three quarters of s billion dollars is a pretty big punishment.

And it’s not yet over.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Three quarters of s billion dollars is a pretty big punishment.

And it’s not yet over.

I know there is a second case against an other voting machine maker.

But Fox news is only being punished as those voting machine makers are claiming losses defamation. But there is no criminal investigation. So it seems that spreading fake news is ok in the USA. I mean these news ankers knew they were spreading lies and are doing it on other topics too and its allowed. 

Its just strange that this is possible we are not talking about some tinfoil hat people spreading false news. But a huge news organization and its all ok. Im just shocked as this really polarizes the US. More so if they bring fake news and its all ok.

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Well, in the US, there's a thing called the First Amendment that protects speech, particularly in the case of public figures. But let's look at the alternative in the UK. Where the wealthy and the powerful routinely stifle investigations and criticism thanks to the UK's strict libel laws. The case of Robert Maxwell comes to mind. Investigative journalists were reluctant to publish informatoin that he was robbing pension funds to support his extravagant way of living. Thousands of workers owe their impoverishment to him. On balance, the US system can hold the wealthy and powerful to account in a way that the UK and other nations with similar laws can't.

Thankfully in the Netherland we dont have this crap. That is why i am so shocked. No wonder the US is so low in the corruption index compared to Europe. 

But i get it freedom of speech is important but it should not allow freedom to lie. It just breaks your total system down. And no I don't have a good solution. But i find it pretty bad if news ankers lie and polarize a nation and get away with it. 

So id say free speech is definitely failed. I prefer the UK even over the US then because this is case is far worse. 

Anyway i realize there is no perfect system but something like this should not be allowed. 

Your remark about the wealthy.. I mean its fox news that can do what they want because they are wealthy. I think you should at least admit that the system has huge failings. 

Just now, robblok said:

Thankfully in the Netherland we dont have this crap. That is why i am so shocked. No wonder the US is so low in the corruption index compared to Europe. 

But i get it freedom of speech is important but it should not allow freedom to lie. It just breaks your total system down. And no I don't have a good solution. But i find it pretty bad if news ankers lie and polarize a nation and get away with it. 

So id say free speech is definitely failed. I prefer the UK even over the US then because this is case is far worse. 

Anyway i realize there is no perfect system but something like this should not be allowed. 

Your remark about the wealthy.. I mean its fox news that can do what they want because they are wealthy. I think you should at least admit that the system has huge failings. 

No, I don't see it as a failing. It's necessary if the rich and powerful are to be held to any account at all. Apparently, you think it's better that they can exercise an effective veto over being scrutinized thanks to their wealth and power.

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

No, I don't see it as a failing. It's necessary if the rich and powerful are to be held to any account at all. Apparently, you think it's better that they can exercise an effective veto over being scrutinized thanks to their wealth and power.

Actually fox news is rich and powerful and can go on without problems. So much for your system working. 

I think that good defamation laws and some of the criminal would be better. I think news agencies should be held to a higher standard. IF you think there are no failings then I think your blinded by patriotism or something.

Just like you criticize the Brit system (also not perfect) but you fail to criticize your own system. My take, both systems are in need of improvement and have their failings.

If I remember right, in an earlier case against Tucker Carson. The Fox argument was that the show is not a news program but an opinion piece and falls ruffly under entertainment, and the viewers should view as such. I believe Fox won that case. Of course the viewers take it as truth. Fox needs to state as does many newspaper do at the end of an article that "the opinions of the speaker are not necessarily those of Fox"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

The reporting or non reporting is not the issue. Each news organization can make that call. The issue is the collaboration of politicians and tech to stifle the story.  Banning and suspending a newspaper for writing about it is actually a threat to democracy. An ex-CIA director admitting that he (along with the Biden campaign) twisted arms to have the story killed is a threat to democracy.  

Great! With the insurrectionist palaver inspired by you-know-who, it's good to see that Washington's sleaze and corruption is 100% bipartisan when it comes to any "threat to democracy."

8 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

The reporting or non reporting is not the issue. Each news organization can make that call. The issue is the collaboration of politicians and tech to stifle the story.  Banning and suspending a newspaper for writing about it is actually a threat to democracy. An ex-CIA director admitting that he (along with the Biden campaign) twisted arms to have the story killed is a threat to democracy.  

I agree but theres more to it !

On social media  according to the source article:

“Later on, there was a more robust explanation that factored in the idea of disinformation. Then, five days after publication, intelligence chiefs wrote a letter saying this appeared to be disinformation in the style of Russian propaganda. Then it was like the conversation was over.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2022/09/joe-biden-hunter-laptop-republicans-midterms.html

Looking back and now knowing the full extent of bidens words in the debate  and his campaigns strategy to suppress the contents of the laptop ,surely has eroded trust in the media, intel agencies and democracy imop And it worked, sadly imop !

“There are 50 former national intelligence folks who said that what he’s accusing me of is a Russian plant,” Biden said at the debate”.

The article goes on to say:

“But the former intelligence and defense officials who penned the letter explicitly said they had no evidence of Russian involvement, noting only that Giuliani had been the target of Russian spies and their experience made them “deeply suspicious” that the Russian government played a role”.

More from the article:

“The Biden campaign’s decision to lean into accusations of Russian involvement in the episode, despite lacking specific proof, risks eroding public trust in U.S. allegations of foreign election interference if the suspicions in this case turn out to be unfounded, according to intelligence and foreign policy experts”.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/russian-involvement-biden-laptop-unproven/2020/10/24/ebae1760-1604-11eb-ba42-ec6a580836ed_story.html

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-campaign-blinken-orchestrated-intel-letter-discredit-hunter-biden-laptop-story-ex-cia-official-says

Edited by riclag

3 minutes ago, riclag said:

I agree but theres more to it !

On social media  according to the source article:

“Later on, there was a more robust explanation that factored in the idea of disinformation. Then, five days after publication, intelligence chiefs wrote a letter saying this appeared to be disinformation in the style of Russian propaganda. Then it was like the conversation was over.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2022/09/joe-biden-hunter-laptop-republicans-midterms.html

Looking back and now knowing the full extent of bidens words in the debate  and his campaigns strategy to suppress the contents of the laptop ,surely has eroded trust in democracy imop And it worked, sadly imop !

“There are 50 former national intelligence folks who said that what he’s accusing me of is a Russian plant,” Biden said at the debate”.

The article goes on to say:

“But the former intelligence and defense officials who penned the letter explicitly said they had no evidence of Russian involvement, noting only that Giuliani had been the target of Russian spies and their experience made them “deeply suspicious” that the Russian government played a role”.

More from the article:

“The Biden campaign’s decision to lean into accusations of Russian involvement in the episode, despite lacking specific proof, risks eroding public trust in U.S. allegations of foreign election interference if the suspicions in this case turn out to be unfounded, according to intelligence and foreign policy experts”.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/russian-involvement-biden-laptop-unproven/2020/10/24/ebae1760-1604-11eb-ba42-ec6a580836ed_story.html

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-campaign-blinken-orchestrated-intel-letter-discredit-hunter-biden-laptop-story-ex-cia-official-says

So Biden has eroded trust in democracy. Incredible reasoning.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, stevenl said:

So Biden has eroded trust in democracy. Incredible reasoning.

Yeah ,for sure,

source prior comment 

Edited by riclag

9 minutes ago, riclag said:

Yeah ,for sure,

source prior comment 

50 former FBI officials agree with him. Biden would know this and know the truth behind the story first hand. Just more garbage conspiracy theories. If there was criminality we'd know about it by now.

In case you missed it, in our society of laws, the burden of proof lies with the accusers, not the defendants.

Edited by ozimoron

17 minutes ago, riclag said:

Yeah ,for sure,

As mentioned many times, Giuliani would have avoided raising such suspicion, if he had given a copy of the laptop to other media and to experts, instead of giving it only to the biased right-wing NYPost.

Now what about an event really eroding public trust in democracy: the chairman of the house judiciary committee lying about a testimony:

"In response to questions posed by Chairman Jordan’s own lawyers, he testified that Mr. Blinken did not “direct, suggest, or insinuate in any way” that he should write a letter about Hunter Biden’s laptop.  Nor did Mr. Blinken—then a private citizen—try to get at the letter indirectly.  Mr. Morell testified that Mr. Blinken did not hint that the Biden campaign “could use some help on this” or suggest that Mr. Morell should “cook up something” that the campaign should use."

Jim Jordan Just Got Busted With Evidence Of His Hunter Biden Lies

https://www.politicususa.com/2023/04/21/jim-jordan-just-got-busted-with-evidence-of-his-hunter-biden-lies.html

Edited by candide

1 hour ago, candide said:

As mentioned many times, Giuliani would have avoided raising such suspicion, if he had given a copy of the laptop to other media and to experts, instead of giving it only to the biased right-wing NYPost.

Now what about an event really eroding public trust in democracy: the chairman of the house judiciary committee lying about a testimony:

"In response to questions posed by Chairman Jordan’s own lawyers, he testified that Mr. Blinken did not “direct, suggest, or insinuate in any way” that he should write a letter about Hunter Biden’s laptop.  Nor did Mr. Blinken—then a private citizen—try to get at the letter indirectly.  Mr. Morell testified that Mr. Blinken did not hint that the Biden campaign “could use some help on this” or suggest that Mr. Morell should “cook up something” that the campaign should use."

Jim Jordan Just Got Busted With Evidence Of His Hunter Biden Lies

https://www.politicususa.com/2023/04/21/jim-jordan-just-got-busted-with-evidence-of-his-hunter-biden-lies.html

The unedited testimony sent from a dem official to a left leaning news agency starts with what appears imop to be part of a cherry picked version of the interview lol

It starts off with:

“And what was the purpose of that award”.

Wheres the beginning testimony and  the whole testimony!

Nice try imop

4 minutes ago, riclag said:

The unedited testimony sent from a dem official to a left leaning news agency starts with what appears imop to be part of a cherry picked version of the interview lol

It starts off with:

Nice try imop

Has this got anything at all to do with Hunter Biden's laptop?

1 hour ago, riclag said:

It starts off with:

Nice try imop

Not so nice try! Jordan edits a testimony to claim the opposite of what the witness said, and you accuse the guy showing Jordan is a liar, without providing any evidence. You have nothing (again).

The extract sent is a part that had been conveniently truncated by Jordan (see his tweet in the article), because it clearly shows the opposite of what the Jordan claimed.

Jordan-Blinken-testimony-lie-768x988.jpg

Edited by candide
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/22/2023 at 2:40 PM, robblok said:

Not really just shows how bias you are if you read back. But damm the US really is a mess. (on both sides)

No argument from me on your second sentence, though that dates back well before Trump ever came on the scene, but Biden's apparently been in the senate since 1973 to contribute to the mess.

Laptop Derangement Syndrome.

Giuliani hints he could use Hunter Biden's laptop as defense in Dominion case

Rudy Giuliani on Sunday continued to insist that the 2020 presidential election was "stolen" from former President Donald Trump despite a massive $787 settlement in Dominion's defamation case against Fox News.

Instead of blaming Trump's election loss on voting machines, Giuliani focused on the theory that suppression of a story about Hunter Biden caused Trump to lose.

https://www.rawstory.com/rudy-giuliani-stolen-election/

• Haha 1