Passport validity for annual retirement visa renewal

Just finished renewing mine, and transferring the visa. Mine expired next June but my visa is November. Did not want to lose so much of the visa. However, be warned, it is taking seventeen weeks, yes, seventeen weeks to renew a British passport from here.

• Thanks 1

I've used this company to renew my UK passport, I can recommend them, very nice people , efficient company.  (Link below) They  can even arrange to pay the fees the Passport office requires.
I'd recommend registering to renew your 90 day report on line, so if your new passport isn't back in time, you don't have problems doing your 3 monthly report.

link:
https://www.keyvisathailand.com/services/renewing-uk-passport-thailand/

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, garygooner said:

Recently received my new UK passport. It took 10 weeks. However, you should plan for around 15.  

Well done, as I mentioned before mine was 2 days shy of seventeen weeks when the new one was delivered to VFS in Bangkok. I was warned by my agent to allow 16 weeks.

Crazy isn't it. I could have walked it to England quicker......

• Like 1

On 11/22/2022 at 10:16 PM, stereolab said:

Start the ball rolling Early in 2023 to obtain your new passport.

Agree 100%. My existing passport, like the OP's, is also due to expire next September, and I've already set in motion its replacement (with fingers firmly crossed that I'll receive the new one before my current permission to stay expires next August????).

On 11/23/2022 at 3:34 PM, AhFarangJa said:

However, be warned, it is taking seventeen weeks, yes, seventeen weeks to renew a British passport from here.

And, with civil servants' strikes thrown into the mix on top of inherent HMPO bungling incompetence and ineptitude, we shall probably be in for even longer waits than this for our new passports in the New Year.

Edited by OJAS

On 11/23/2022 at 3:55 PM, MrMuddle said:

I've used this company to renew my UK passport, I can recommend them, very nice people , efficient company.  (Link below) They  can even arrange to pay the fees the Passport office requires.
I'd recommend registering to renew your 90 day report on line, so if your new passport isn't back in time, you don't have problems doing your 3 monthly report.

link:
https://www.keyvisathailand.com/services/renewing-uk-passport-thailand/

This is The company I used, very professional service, I would recommend them to anyone. Based in Pattaya, not far from Big C. i had an email from VFS on the Friday that my passport had arrived. It was delivered by EMS on the Sunday. 

Also, good advice re 90 days. I was already registered, but it proved a godsend when the renewal came around.

• Like 1

I've just e-mailed VFS for my appointment to renew passport. Hopeful of appointment within next 2 weeks. There's 9 months to run before passport expiry. 

I see the 'prescribed' list of supporting documents - impossible to fulfil.

I do have recent original bank letters and bank statements from my UK bank, sent to my Thailand address, in English.

Does anyone know / have experience if this is an acceptable proof of address? 

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, Dah fahrang said:

I do have recent original bank letters and bank statements from my UK bank, sent to my Thailand address, in English.

Does anyone know / have experience if this is an acceptable proof of address? 

The accept either one of the 2.