Foreign man allegedly brutally beats his 20-year-old Thai girlfriend in Pattaya

webfact

6 hours ago, StevieAus said:

In relation to the police pressing charges the same would apply in Australia and I believe the UK.

If the victim is not prepared to give evidence in court the police will not usually charge the alleged offender.

If the police witness the assault a different situation.

I have a very good friend (cough, cough) whose wife came home late one evening  bearing the signs of 'intimacy'. She continued to wind him up when confronted and the guy grabbed his coat and headed for the door, whereupon she followed and grabbed hold of him. In response he pushed her away and  the scene was witnessed by a neighbour who called the police.

The police arrived and questioned both parties. The wife did not wish to present charges , however the husband was taken to the police station to give an account and then presented with a 'warning'.

That 'warning' created problems for me him for years after when applying for jobs and  when applying for  a retirement visa in LoS.

5 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

The post that you are quoting shows that at the moment we are not really sure who the victim is.

No I'm reply to someone blaming an obvious victim of brutality. If you're too blind to see that then your moral Compass may need adjusted

6 hours ago, bradiston said:

Link?

What does the (alleged) nationally of some tourist police officers have to do with this dirtbag? 

I guess it’s okay to slander nationalities here. Maybe we should blame your country for you’re bigotry.

"..............unidentified Caucasian male foreigner........."

"backed up by police"

(If he was her boyfriend, surely she would know what Nationality he was?)

Something fishy! 

Edited by sambum
Additional text

8 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

6 months to a Year in the clink should do it. I seriously doubt he'd harm a fly after 6 months in a thai prison.

How much time did those Thai kids who cut up that girl actress and threw her body in the Chaopraya at the direction of her manager her rich predator and his government connection? Lemme guess... none?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

While after reading the initial report I was part of the hang em high brigade, I should like to temporarily put my rage into check until we know the full story here.

There seems to be discrepancy about who really kicked this off, so I would prefer to reserve judgement until all the evidence is on the table.

The Thai press have a habit of biased reporting.

Let's not forget that a few weeks ago the Thai press were reporting about 2 Frenchmen who viciously attacked a poor defenseless Thai for simply admiring their car.

What actually happened is still not clear but it was nothing like what was reported.

And very possible the 'reporter' had one source of information/details which became the media item. Balance/checking never in the scenario. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Privacy sometimes helps in sensitive cases.

7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It's called privacy

I really don't understand why anyone would demand to know the name of a victim of any crime, or why they would object to them having privacy.  I'm wondering if that user confused the word "victim" with "suspect"?

Unusual comment otherwise.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

The guy did not blame the victim, he stated that he had heard another side to the story and explained what he had heard.

I guess that I am not the blind one here.

So you are presuming that the guy is the guilty party, with no real proof and despite other posters suggesting that the report might not be correct.

As for a 'moral compass', if you read the entire thread you will see that I am all for stringing the man up if he had in fact instigated the incident but I am also reserving my judgement until I can see all of the evidence and not just what is being reported by a biased press.

Maybe you should check your own moral compass when you jump in feet first without knowing all of the facts.

Yeah, innocent guys that don't beat up girls always use the defense that the police will standup for him.

Being biligerant and breaking up his own propety also helps his cause of non violence.

Read what comment the guy wrote, not just the part about hearing other info.

No male with any moral fiber beats a 20 year old girl, even if confront by her, they walk away.

You stick with your moral compass and I'll stay with mine. 

4 hours ago, Mark Nothing said:

.  A perfectly delightful lady most times. The change was unexpected.  Unless you experience it, it is hard to comprehend the possibility of a cute, petite lady turning into a violent assailant. 

Zero to whacko in 2.3 seconds. If there are any psychologists here I sure would like to know why.

Edited by morrobay

11 hours ago, Dan O said:

Yeah, innocent guys that don't beat up girls always use the defense that the police will standup for him.

Being biligerant and breaking up his own propety also helps his cause of non violence.

Read what comment the guy wrote, not just the part about hearing other info.

No male with any moral fiber beats a 20 year old girl, even if confront by her, they walk away.

You stick with your moral compass and I'll stay with mine. 

My moral compass is saying that if the news story is accurate, the guy should be strung up.

However, I do not at this moment know if the report is accurate and given the Thai press's reputation for 'embellishing' stories, neither do you.

How many times have you had a carving knife held to you by a crazed Thai?

I once lived with a frail looking Thai girl but she had a temper on her that was so wild and unpredictable that once she went into a rage (even about the tiniest of reasons), she was very difficult to pacify.

She came at me with a carving knife on quite a few occasions and I was lucky in that I was able to talk her down.

If she had tried stabbing me, trying to kill me, I really don't know what I would have done but you can bet that I would act in a way that prevented her from killing me.

What would you do if a crazed woman came at you slashing wildly with a 12" knife?

Moral fiber goes out of the window when you go into survival mode.

I am not saying that this is what happened in this incident because I really don't know.

What I am saying is that this may or may not have happened as reported and at the moment I do not have enough verified information to believe one way or another.

What I (we) do have is one side of a story coming from a single source, if you have further information on this case, please share it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

You beat up your young girl friend, then you are as guilty as hell, as well as a coward, whatever the provocation. Real men don't do that, end of. 

Are you still of the belief that domestic abuse is always man on woman, how very 1900's.

Have you ever been a victim of violent domestic abuse?

1 hour ago, Bert got kinky said:

Are you still of the belief that domestic abuse is always man on woman, how very 1900's.

Have you ever been a victim of violent domestic abuse?

No that is not my thinking and no, I haven't, why, because I've got free will, a pair of legs, money and transport.  I wouldnt put up with it, but neither would I hit out at a young girl, I would just throw her out ( figuratively speaking) or leave myself.  Its what 'men' do. . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Doctor Tom said:

No that is not my thinking and no, I haven't, why, because I've got free will, a pair of legs, money and transport.  I wouldnt put up with it, but neither would I hit out at a young girl, I would just throw her out ( figuratively speaking) or leave myself.  Its what 'men' do. . 

So in the heat of the moment, when you have a crazed and uncontrolled maniac attacking you in a frenzy with a 12' blade, with no route of escape, you would throw her out or leave how?

I am not saying that any man should hit a woman, I have never hit a woman and I hope that I never will.

I abhor domestic violence, whichever side of the relationship it comes from.

What I am saying is if you are in a situation, with your back against a wall and genuinely in fear for your life, adrenaline takes over and once that happens, there is no knowing what you will do, you cannot predict that from the comfort of your cosy life.

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Says someone who does not have a clue about some of these locas around here. As has been said over and over again unless you have experienced one of these girls swinging a chair at you, picking up a beer bottle..., kicking. And for no reason you cannot comprehend. Still waiting for a psychologist to explain what is going on in these episodes?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

So in the heat of the moment, when you have a crazed and uncontrolled maniac attacking you in a frenzy with a 12' blade, with no route of escape, you would throw her out or leave how?

I am not saying that any man should hit a woman, I have never hit a woman and I hope that I never will.

I abhor domestic violence, whichever side of the relationship it comes from.

What I am saying is if you are in a situation, with your back against a wall and genuinely in fear for your life, adrenaline takes over and once that happens, there is no knowing what you will do, you cannot predict that from the comfort of your cosy life.

You can invent all kinds of unlikely, even idiotic situations, to try to prove your point, although what that point is escapes me,  like what if she was a trained marine ( unlikely at 20 years auld and weighing less than a medium sized cat) and tooled up with an assault rifle, 10 grenades, 4, 9mm pistols, body armour and a row of throwing knives.  Its a very silly argument. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1