Foreign man allegedly brutally beats his 20-year-old Thai girlfriend in Pattaya

webfact

21 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Says someone who does not have a clue about some of these locas around here. As has been said over and over again unless you have experienced one of these girls swinging a chair at you, picking up a beer bottle..., kicking. And for no reason you cannot comprehend. Still waiting for a psychologist to explain what is going on in these episodes?

BS, you still don't go and beat up a young girl less than a third of your weight.  What is wrong with you people that you can't see that?   Who in hell are you mixing with man?  No i haven't experienced that, or seen it and neither have any of my friends or associates.   

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

You can invent all kinds of unlikely, even idiotic situations, to try to prove your point, although what that point is escapes me,  like what if she was a trained marine ( unlikely at 20 years auld and weighing less than a medium sized cat) and tooled up with an assault rifle, 10 grenades, 4, 9mm pistols, body armour and a row of throwing knives.  Its a very silly argument. 

It is only a very silly argument if you do not understand the other side and refuse to even think about what is being written..

With such a closed mind, with no desire to listen to or understand reason, I am so glad that you are not a real doctor.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

BS, you still don't go and beat up a young girl less than a third of your weight.  What is wrong with you people that you can't see that?   Who in hell are you mixing with man?  No i haven't experienced that, or seen it and neither have any of my friends or associates.   

No i haven't experienced that, or seen it and neither have any of my friends or associates.   

Well I have, as have others on this thread, so why are you unable to listen to people with experience in this type of situation instead of denying facts just because you have not experienced them?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

No i haven't experienced that, or seen it and neither have any of my friends or associates.   

Well I have, as have others on this thread, so why are you unable to listen to people with experience in this type of situation instead of denying facts just because you have not experienced them?

Here's the OP:

"Pattaya — A foreign man allegedly brutally beat his young, 20-year-old Thai girlfriend while drunk early Tuesday morning, November 22nd, claiming police “got his back”.

The incident took place at a residence in the Eakmongkol 8 Village in Banglamung’s Nongprue subdistrict, Chonburi. Sawang Boriboon rescuers received a call from an unidentified Good Samaritan to help a domestic violence victim and rushed to the scene at 4:30 AM.

The victim, Ms. J (name withheld to protect her privacy), 20, was found lying on the ground crying in pain on the front porch of her house. Rescuers administered first aid to the bruises around her body and rushed her to a hospital.

Sawang Boriboon rescuers encountered an unidentified Caucasian male foreigner believed to be in his thirties in an intoxicated state at the house. The man was suspected to have beaten the young woman. He was reportedly aggressive as he kept shouting, broke his own property, and proclaimed nonchalantly in English that he was backed up by police, according to rescuers."

So how do we get from that account of an out of control man, to your experiences at the hands of an out of control woman?

Moral:

Women lose control. Men lose control. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Here's the OP:

"Pattaya — A foreign man allegedly brutally beat his young, 20-year-old Thai girlfriend while drunk early Tuesday morning, November 22nd, claiming police “got his back”.

The incident took place at a residence in the Eakmongkol 8 Village in Banglamung’s Nongprue subdistrict, Chonburi. Sawang Boriboon rescuers received a call from an unidentified Good Samaritan to help a domestic violence victim and rushed to the scene at 4:30 AM.

The victim, Ms. J (name withheld to protect her privacy), 20, was found lying on the ground crying in pain on the front porch of her house. Rescuers administered first aid to the bruises around her body and rushed her to a hospital.

Sawang Boriboon rescuers encountered an unidentified Caucasian male foreigner believed to be in his thirties in an intoxicated state at the house. The man was suspected to have beaten the young woman. He was reportedly aggressive as he kept shouting, broke his own property, and proclaimed nonchalantly in English that he was backed up by police, according to rescuers."

So how do we get from that account of an out of control man, to your experiences at the hands of an out of control woman?

Moral:

Women lose control. Men lose control. 

Because this is an alleged account from a single and possibly biased report.

Earlier on in this thread, there were reports that this account of events may not be correct and considering how Thai journalists like to embellish their stories, it still is not clear what really went down.

At no time have I stated that the girl was out of control, I am merely stating what a crazed girl is capable of and 'what if' the report is not 100% correct.

F.Y.I., I personally lean to believing that this was domestic battery by the guy and that alcohol most likely fueled the man's rage but without knowing the full and correct details, I reserve judgement and have to accept all possibilities.

allegedly

3 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

My moral compass is saying that if the news story is accurate, the guy should be strung up.

However, I do not at this moment know if the report is accurate and given the Thai press's reputation for 'embellishing' stories, neither do you.

No male with any moral fiber beats a 20 year old girl, even if confront by her, they walk away.

How many times have you had a carving knife held to you by a crazed Thai?

I once lived with a frail looking Thai girl but she had a temper on her that was so wild and unpredictable that once she went into a rage (even about the tiniest of reasons), she was very difficult to pacify.

She came at me with a carving knife on quite a few occasions and I was lucky in that I was able to talk her down.

If she had tried stabbing me, trying to kill me, I really don't know what I would have done but you can bet that I would act in a way that prevented her from killing me.

What would you do if a crazed woman came at you slashing wildly with a 12" knife?

Moral fiber goes out of the window when you go into survival mode.

I am not saying that this is what happened in this incident because I really don't know.

What I am saying is that this may or may not have happened as reported and at the moment I do not have enough verified information to believe one way or another.

What I (we) do have is one side of a story coming from a single source, if you have further information on this case, please share it.

I standby my statements. The man in the story admitted what he did and continued his rampage using police as his safety net. If that doesn't scream guilt then not sure what your reading.

If you dated a nut case as you claim that repeatedly threatened you with knives or whatever and where too stupid to remove yourself then that shows a level of intelligence that defies logic.

I'm not excusing that behavior but you could have walked away at any point, repeatedly.   End of discussion

have a great day

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dan O said:

I standby my statements. The man in the story admitted what he did and continued his rampage using police as his safety net. If that doesn't scream guilt then not sure what your reading.

If you dated a nut case as you claim that repeatedly threatened you with knives or whatever and where too stupid to remove yourself then that shows a level of intelligence that defies logic.

I'm not excusing that behavior but you could have walked away at any point, repeatedly.   End of discussion

have a great day

The man in the story admitted what he did and continued his rampage using police as his safety net

Again, according to a single source report

I'm not excusing that behavior but you could have walked away at any point, repeatedly.

By that logic, so could have the girl after her first alleged beating, after all she does allege that he 'repeatedly beat her'.

Now who is victim blaming?

35 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

The man in the story admitted what he did and continued his rampage using police as his safety net

Again, according to a single source report

I'm not excusing that behavior but you could have walked away at any point, repeatedly.

By that logic, so could have the girl after her first alleged beating, after all she does allege that he 'repeatedly beat her'.

Now who is victim blaming?

The story indicates she was removing herself when the latest altercation occured. 

By using your logic yours is an unconfirmed story and could be all bs as well. 

We aren't gonna agree on this and that's fine.

I'm done discussing it with you. Have a great day 

35 minutes ago, Dan O said:

The story indicates she was removing herself when the latest altercation occured. 

We aren't gonna agree on this and that's fine.

I'm done discussing it with you. Have a great day 

But not after the first sign of violence in the relationship occurred, so according to you, she was too stupid to remove herself.

Thank you for at last listening to me, I have been saying this all along.

I do not know for sure what happened but neither do you

I'm done discussing it with you.

You accused another poster and myself of victim blaming yet that is exactly what you are doing.

I know that you are trying to end the discussion because you are coming across as a hypocrite but before you go, please tell me why you are able to accuse others of victim blaming (even though there was no victim blaming) but then call me stupid for being a victim?

Why are you allowed to not just victim blame but insult the victim as well?

Remembering how hypocritical you are now making yourself appear, it might be wise for you to think about your answer this time before replying.

Edited by Bert got kinky
  • Haha 1

On 11/23/2022 at 6:38 AM, Bim Smith said:

Exactly the kind of foreigner no one wants to see here and I hope I speak for all reasonable people. Hope a hefty prison sentence is due and he doesn't pay his way out of it. By naming the victim and not the perpetrator it sounds like their maybe some merit in his proclaimed statement that the Police has his back. Name and shame the coward. If he gets to stay am there are plenty here that would only too willing to make sure his stay in Thailand is a "pleasant" one. 

No chance of any time in the Hilton with the toothless BiB...

6 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

So in the heat of the moment, when you have a crazed and uncontrolled maniac attacking you in a frenzy with a 12' blade, with no route of escape, you would throw her out or leave how?

Not that I am a bully, but in the situation you cite, perhaps I would have to give it my best Mike Tyson!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

If dis guy beat up a young woman - of course lock him up. And that is most likely what happened. All some others and I are pointing out is that some of these girls can blow up . When this happened to me I went on defense only and restrained her until she calmed down. By the way I'm 70kg so these girls are more than half my weight and being farm girls they are very strong. So what are you going to do if defense fails. Best to have plan on what defense just in case. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/23/2022 at 6:54 AM, Thomas KH said:

Pattaya police suggested the victim to get a good recovery and come to them if she intended to press legal action against her boyfriend. Police did not immediately press charges on their own.

I do not understand how charges cannot be immediately pressed by the police and prosecution. This is an offence which should be pursued with the public interest in mind. Delaying prosecution gives him a window of opportunity for flight and impunity.

Sad yes. But domestic violence often sorts itself out the next morning. All is forgiven. Had father in law in police force.

1 hour ago, Letseng said:

Sad yes. But domestic violence often sorts itself out the next morning. All is forgiven. 

Depends on the person , from my perspective  if there's any aggression or violence or even any threats of violence , then its game over and Goodbye and don't darken my door again 

3 hours ago, Speedhump said:

Come on, he was only following local custom. What on earth difference does it make to label him foreigner in the headline other than to further ingrain divisions? 

Not sure your suggestion that such actions are a local custom doesn't do that.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Not sure your suggestion that such actions are a local custom doesn't do that.

Honesty should not be called out as being divisive, although yes I was being ironic. I know many more Thai women who have been beaten or otherwise assaulted by men than Western women back home. And that's just in 6 years living here. I feel sometimes that it seems almost accepted. 

1 hour ago, Speedhump said:

Honesty should not be called out as being divisive, although yes I was being ironic. I know many more Thai women who have been beaten or otherwise assaulted by men than Western women back home. And that's just in 6 years living here. I feel sometimes that it seems almost accepted. 

I have not come across instances here, but did see it happening the once. I got an impression it was more common in some of the other countries I have been in. In the West, it seems more common, perhaps because society gives the women more opportunity to report and escape.

On 11/22/2022 at 6:25 PM, Gottfrid said:

So, you have a problem with that the victim name is withheld? Really! What about the foreign abuser? I would like to have a picture of that mistake for a man, his name and nationality. The police should press charges and deport his sorry excuse for a human.

Of course the foreign abuser's name should be reported, even if alleged but not yet convicted.

On 11/22/2022 at 8:49 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

It's called privacy, their names are not in the public domain, they are none of your business, nor anyone else's and knowing their names would not be useful to you, us or them.

The piece is from an actual news outlet, right? Hard news works like this: WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, HOW and if possible Why (motive).

• Haha 2

On 11/23/2022 at 2:18 AM, swm59nj said:

From the way some of these foreign men talk and behave. Just what I observe living in Bangkok. They come to Thailand looking  because women in their home countries want nothing to do with them.  Because these men can’t even take care of themselves or their behavior. And they say for example all women in the West are no good.  Just because the women are not interested in them 
So they come to Thailand.  Thinking the women are desperate, shy, tolerate anything. 
And unfortunately.  There are women in poorer countries who will start relationships with these types of men. Just to try to get a better life. 

This is just vile misandry typical of Western countries nowadays,in the UK something like 50% of the women suffer from mental health issues!

Personally I prefer South-East Asian girls who are beautiful,feminine and sweet natured everything that Wester women are not!

Who on earth wants some fat,ugly,drunken,tattooed,bingo-winged,loud-mouthed,violent,Western land whale certainly not me?

On 11/23/2022 at 7:06 AM, Bert got kinky said:

come to them if she intended to press legal action against her boyfriend

She was packing her bags to leave him due to earlier beatings when he beat her this time.

I'm presuming that under these circumstances that she has no loyalty to him and that she will press charges.

Hopefully, the inmates of the nick that he goes to will be informed of the farang slapping around a young defenseless Thai girl and will be waiting for him with a 'welcoming committee'.

You mean with a smile and indifference