An entertaining tour by CT125

chrissables

14 hours ago, Issanman said:

The Suzuki Raider J Crossover would make a good base for this kind of light-adventure touring.  I bought the first one in Phuket and did a few modifications by replacing the rims, tires (Michelin Anakee Street), shocks (YSS gas shocks), and adding a rack and box. It comes with 31mm front fork tubes.  NMax fork tubes are only 30mm. The wide handlebars give lots of leverage for tight handling. This seems to be Suzuki's idea of a heavier-duty street scrambler version of the Wave class of bikes. I ride it mostly on the road here in south Phuket where we have a good amount of twisty, tight roads. I have owned over 40 motorbikes/cycles in my lifetime and I don't remember any that were as much fun as my new Suzuki Raider J Crossover. 56900฿ before modifications.

RJ.jpg.75d6d5caff49a061f48f858f6cea48e2.jpg

Raider1.jpg.2a979a702ed023cfbc70b2a3e7f6a28a.jpg

Cool bike , good price.

113cc.?

A 150cc Raider d/s version would be super-duper.

Edited by papa al
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Pooreye said:

Me too have very fond memories of PCX riding up on mountan tops!
I start with looking at paper maps, both new and old ones. And internet maps too. Sooo many stunning looking mountains I don`t know where to start!

Very nice curvy steep uphill paved roads at first, then higher up on mountain turns into even steeper stone-filled dirt trails.

Pics from different mountains. And after taking them, the real fun starts!

Hours of crawling speed climbing for the poor burnt smelling PCX.

In retrospect, its unbelievable that nothing broke on all those trips, not even a flat! But one have to have a sense for when to babying the bike, otherwise it will be a long walk down in the dark. Always pack good shoes and 3 flashlights????

E94CEDF6-4CB0-4737-8917-D483862803FE.jpeg

37D9529C-52A3-4C98-B1A5-443A2180AAA4.jpeg

6E2D9AB9-10A7-43F5-95BB-349909EB2205.jpeg

E003E008-C573-4FCD-82DC-B014FF904442.jpeg

23B9028C-9B22-44F6-B04D-0EBEE42F4BD9.jpeg

Great photos, where was that?

• Like 1

I can`t tell exactly where, since I have not linked the pics to a specific place… 

Maybe if I scratch my head long enough I can remember some of them.

But back then I lived in Chiang Mai, and most of my trips was daytrips so up there somewhere haha. 

• Haha 2

On 11/25/2022 at 10:57 AM, VocalNeal said:

Falling of while going backwards???? I thought only Goldwing riders did that maneuvering in Taco Bell parking lots? 

Your trip does encourage me to build a Wave based farm track explorer. There are a few around town here. But I'm still looking for a donor bike.

Without a hand operated rear brake, one need two right legs to prevent this if going backwards on a steep slope????

11 hours ago, Pooreye said:

I can`t tell exactly where, since I have not linked the pics to a specific place… 

Maybe if I scratch my head long enough I can remember some of them.

But back then I lived in Chiang Mai, and most of my trips was daytrips so up there somewhere haha. 

Helpful ????

I am the same, but now if an interesting place if i remember note where.

Good to start small scale after recovering! Nice drivable roads there, many times I drove up on Suthep to escape the heat downtown a few hours. 
But I think I never left the main tracks on that mountain, too many tourists around and maybe signposted not allowed to ride bike out in the jungle?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Pooreye said:

Good to start small scale after recovering! Nice drivable roads there, many times I drove up on Suthep to escape the heat downtown a few hours. 
But I think I never left the main tracks on that mountain, too many tourists around and maybe signposted not allowed to ride bike out in the jungle?

If you pass Doi Pui viewpoint eventually it turns to rough track, if you continue you come out at Huay Tueng Thao Reservoir.

Yes a nice track down to there, at least partly haha. This pic I`m 98% sure is from after just turned right, about 1 km after Ban Khun Chang village junction.

Still main track for PCX???? But not very lush, no rain for a long time. 

And if one don`t turn right, after a few hundred meter a sharp left bend with some views too. I wish I was up north right now!

628500BB-0F5E-4479-958B-0BB5087EEF65.png

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Great photos, I recommend a trip to Doi Inthanon if you want cool to cold. King and Queen's garden well worth some camera time.

I'm just wondering how you manage to maintain concentration for hours, particularly on dirt roads. I'm sure I couldn't.

Safe travels.

Thanks, due to the amount of spills or near spill i have i think lack of concentration is my problem. ????

• Like 1

On 12/6/2022 at 4:59 PM, chrissables said:

An easy ride after having my Sena headset repaired today (Chang Moto sorted it for free, great service) to the suspension bridge Mae Kuang Dam, Chiang Mai. The route in was confusing as due to high water levels I had to ride a different track in. I intended to cross the bridge and continue on a bigger loop, but the were signs stating the road was closed for building work.

https://goo.gl/maps/SxZj1GWnHWqoBdDT6

DSCF5127.jpg

DSCF5128.jpg

Looks great,

on the way.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jvs said:

Very nice pictures and it makes me want to go out again.

Did some work to the bike today and nearly ready to go.

Anyone feel like going on a camping trip?

Maybe we can organize a tour and go camping for a few days,hotel is also ok but not as much fun.

Sorry Chris,i am not trying to steal your topic.

I know people who do like camping, when young i did too. I also lived in one for quite a while, not too keen to do so again, i like my comforts ????

But riding of course i'm open to ideas. ????

• Like 1

You found nice tracks yesterday! Have you been up on the mountain north of R118, before the R120 junction? Turn left down in the small town, just a few km before R120. May be hard to find the right way at first. Pics from the mountain temple. I started exploring the smaller tracks from there, enough riding for at least a week, and no risk of tourists????

726E55F7-A6C6-4FEB-8339-E4CC331235DD.jpeg

116962BD-CAD9-41AE-BD58-56E98153D579.jpeg

49ECE510-57A8-48E1-959E-E0C8C2A216A1.jpeg

• Like 1