An entertaining tour by CT125

chrissables

18 hours ago, Randell said:

Nice work Chris . The old trees a temple are fantastic. Do you use the phone camera or a dedicated cameras for all this great documentation?

Hi, actually both but i have a good camera and usually use it for the landscape shots.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, chrissables said:

On leaving my hotel I had a puncture, front tyre this time.

Hi Chris, maybe it's time to start running with some sealant in your tubes?

A good vid by Fort Nine on the top three...

• Love It 1

7 hours ago, Neilly said:

Hi Chris, maybe it's time to start running with some sealant in your tubes?

A good vid by Fort Nine on the top three...

I will take a look later, but most foams are for tubeless.

I used foam on this ride when i had a flat, it got me to my hotel.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

^ Won't work in tubed tires. Not in my experience. If you look at Chrissables tube failure you will see why.

It will work in tubed tyres, I actually have one of the ones shown in the vid (and yes I read up on it before I purchased the kit), but it's better to use it before you get a flat so that the tube failure that Chris experienced can't happen.

For the riding that Chris does a tyre mousse would be good, but I very much doubt they do them in the size he requires.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

We will have to agree to differ.???? 

Fair enough, I don't think either of us wants to hijack Chris's thread.

But on a side note (nothing to do with sealant), not all punctures are catastrophic...

I rode home 20km with a lump of rebar stuck in my rear tyre...

20190302_074638 (Medium).jpg

20190302_074733 (Medium).jpg

• Like 2

Today I decided ride to the actual dam at Pranburi reservoir.

https://goo.gl/maps/33ixEtVqMbfQFgZB8

On the way I road some tracks through pineapple farms in the area.

From here I carried on riding the track that follows the edge of the reservoir until hitting road here 12.39661, 99.75754

From here I rode west to this point 12.36183, 99.64936 and headed north before riding back to Hua Hin. A very enjoyable 130 km ride.

20230129_104437.jpg

20230129_104541.jpg

20230129_111945.jpg

20230129_113823.jpg

20230129_115942.jpg

20230129_121519.jpg

20230129_121752.jpg

DSCF5913.jpg

DSCF5914.jpg

• Like 2

The last two days i finished my trip. Hua Hin to Bangkok which was a very cold and windy ride ending with my first accident involving my motorbike being in a collision with another vehicle ever. Partly my fault as lane splitting as everyone does in Bangkok, a car came up on my left side scratching her front wing and doors with my handlebar. Although she hit me she carried on which nearly had be dropping the bike, but the car on my right stopped me being able to fall.
I now have to wait to see what the bill will be. At least she thanked me for not riding off as Thai people do.

That evening I got totally wasted and lost my way so to speak.

I arrived back in Pattaya after a trip of 12,222 km over 90 days. Longer than planned due to waiting in Chiang Mai for my ribs to heal after the spill I had.

A great trip with a mix of small road and some track riding which was my plan. Seeing wonderful views and meeting up with new people and riding together on a few occasions was great too.

Time to start planning my next ride.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't add  much more than what PapaAl has already mentioned. But just wanted to add my personal thanks AGAIN for the wonderful trip. Fantastic coverage and breathtaking photos from some very unique and out of the way hilltops and valleys . 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Randell said:

I can't add  much more than what PapaAl has already mentioned. But just wanted to add my personal thanks AGAIN for the wonderful trip. Fantastic coverage and breathtaking photos from some very unique and out of the way hilltops and valleys . 

Cheers Randell, it was a great trip, and the views were fantastic, I will be riding again for sure ????

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

A follow up to to trip.

The engine started knocking and i took it to Cub House here in Pattaya, firstly they checked it had oil which of course it deed. Then they said the wrong oil was was put in when serviced! All services were at Honda dealerships, so next they said i must service where i bought it, plain rubbish! As i explained i was in Chiang Mai, why would i ride back to Pattaya for a service when there is a Cub House there?

I went home, took back every receipt from my services and they said they would break the engine down, photo the failed parts and sent the photo to the Honda factory.

A week later i went to check progress and they were replacing the crank and bearing, then they said i must pay! I just said no and walked away.

They called a few days later to tell me the work was completed and can i collect it. And i must pay for the oil only, no problem!

22k on the bike, all repaired with a warranty until 30k or 3 years.

Well done Honda.

20230302_112132.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, papa al said:

Glad you are sorted.

Honda 125 is super-duper reliable.

What do you think caused the failure.?

What does "wrong oil" mean.?

???? Very strange.

Curious, what was the bill to repair.?

Thx.

In the service book in Thai scribble the different oils were written, they said wrong oil until I showed the the receipts.

I have no idea why it happened.

20 hours ago, papa al said:

What do you think caused the failure.?

Bigger rear sprocket and 115kph downhill.????

I'm amazed Honda didn't pick up on that sprocket change. 

Edited by VocalNeal

3 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Bigger rear sprocket and 115kph downhill.????

Possible, that was a an speed guess, i don't think it was anywhere near that fast. If it was there was a lot of momentum due to the weight on the bike. I never thrashed the engine at all. 

On 3/9/2023 at 3:24 PM, chrissables said:

I have no idea why it happened.

In a couple of photos the CT is on it's side - with no oil being picked up by the pump if the engine was still running it would not take long for the main and big-end bearings to run dry. I'm just guessing and maybe barking up the wrong tree as some bikes have an automatic cut-out to stop this happening. Anyway, a moot point as you got it fixed under warranty.

A brilliant story with great photos and the CT is a funky looking bike - I'm impressed that it has a rear disc.

I'm almost 70 and these days my maximum in the saddle at one stretch is about an hour before I need a pit (ice cream) stop and when I first started reading I thought you would be a young whipper-snapper but clearly you look after yourself better than the vast majority.

Edited by London Lowf
  • Like 2