Do we all have to be activists these days or at least do we have to support those activists?

OneMoreFarang

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Again, the alcoholic beer ban is only for the stadiums. It's available elsewhere. Unless Al Jazeera is promoting a lie.

I have to wonder if footy fans are all alcoholics, given the uproar it has caused. Can they not survive a couple of hours without being boozed up?

Not that I care about football. But looking at some of the results I understand why they want to get drunk.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, seedy said:

80% of the people incarcerated are for non violent drug charges. Many causes but being people of color, poor, uneducated, and lacking health care is right up there in the reasons.

So you discriminate against these people their whole lives, and when they can not make ends meet and despair turns to drug use, your answer is "Lock 'Em Up"

Do you know how that sounds ? How that makes anyone saying it sound ?

So if you are black, poor and uneducated then you have to take (expensive) drugs, correct?

I think that sounds rather stupid.

Basically nobody is forced to take drugs. And nobody is forced to continue with that habit.

People are responsible for their lives and their life decisions.

Telling them, or pretending that obviously they have to take drugs because condition a, b and c is stupid.

But that doesn't mean they should all be locked up even if they take drugs.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

So if you are black, poor and uneducated then you have to take (expensive) drugs, correct?

I think that sounds rather stupid.

Basically nobody is forced to take drugs. And nobody is forced to continue with that habit.

People are responsible for their lives and their life decisions.

Telling them, or pretending that obviously they have to take drugs because condition a, b and c is stupid.

But that doesn't mean they should all be locked up even if they take drugs.

Your post shows your utter lack of knowledge of how drug abuse works.

It follows no social boundaries, respects no income status, disregards what color your skin is.

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I was referring to people who are able to work and fend for themselves , people with disabilities are a different issue .

I specifically gave an example of disadvantaged people who may not have a recognised disability. You clearly disregarded that but didn't mention why.

Just being born on the left hand side of the IQ bell curve would do it.

Edited by ozimoron

2 hours ago, seedy said:

80% of the people incarcerated are for non violent drug charges. Many causes but being people of color, poor, uneducated, and lacking health care is right up there in the reasons.

So you discriminate against these people their whole lives, and when they can not make ends meet and despair turns to drug use, your answer is "Lock 'Em Up"

Do you know how that sounds ? How that makes anyone saying it sound ?

As i brought it up,i should cop the flack.

When discrimination and criminals are mentioned in the same sentence that doesn't bode well with me.

For how long and at what cost will that tune be played.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, seedy said:

It follows no social boundaries, respects no income status, disregards what color your skin is.

Up to me any addict would be given free drugs so they didn't commit crime to feed the habit, but if they do commit crime lock them up.

I'm all for equality so lock up anyone that commits a crime, regardless of skin colour or class.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Up to me any addict would be given free drugs so they didn't commit crime to feed the habit, but if they do commit crime lock them up.

I'm all for equality so lock up anyone that commits a crime, regardless of skin colour or class.

Follow the Portuguese model, decriminalise all drugs so the market is destroyed. I agree with you, treat drug addiction as a health issue, not a crime. Locking people up is the lazy way out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seedy said:

Drug abuse works like this:

You think you want to feel better.

Somehow someone told you that taking drugs will make things better.

You can a) do that I find out in the long run it won't get better or b) you think for a minute or two how many people ruined their life with drugs and then you don't do it.

It's not really that difficult.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Social boundaries is the biggest problems in society, where poor people take drugs to escape the reality, and middle class and higher take it for recreational purposes. 

Im for prevention by building a society where everyone have the same possibilities, but the majority have to be willing to pay for the costs. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Social boundaries is the biggest problems in society, where poor people take drugs to escape the reality, and middle class and higher take it for recreational purposes. 

Im for prevention by building a society where everyone have the same possibilities, but the majority have to be willing to pay for the costs. 

And for how many people did the escape work long time?

Is it really so difficult to see that too many people who take drugs f#$$ up their lives?

Don't do it!

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And for how many people did the escape work long time?

Is it really so difficult to see that too many people who take drugs f#$$ up their lives?

Don't do it!

It is more complicated than just the drugs, it is lack of safety net for those who struggle day to day often with mental health, and fall out the society.

Working as security I had to deal with drug addicts every day, and on a busy day 25 cases. 

I had one in custody until the police going to show up (2 hours) and had a long conversation with him why he was willing to ruin his life because of the drugs. The simple answer was «When sober I have all and every problem a human can face, when on drugs I have only one problem, and it is to manage to get the next fix. One problem is easier than the sky falling down on me every day, every hour»

More social care for individuals, more equal possibillities so people do not fall out of society, but again, most people only care them and their own families than having a safe inviroment to live for everybody. 

To many people suffer from abuse and been betrayed from very young age. 

If you look at statistics, you see there is a fine balance between diciplined societies and social driven societies. 

I agree drugs is a social problem more than a fix for everything thats bad. However my experience personally the few times I did several different drugs just for the experience, was positive. But I have to many friends who did fall out because of drugs, or stayed status Q in their little bubble that their joint fix their life everyday. Do not realize the joint made them at status Q and never got the chance to evolve. Those who started frequently with stronger drugs is either dead, in and out of jail, or mental ill today and still drug addicts. Most of those who died was either in action doing extreme sports, suicide, few heath attacks. Still have many who evolved in to another life working, family, grunder business, co, etc who did well in life. Most have done well, but it doesnt add up for everyone who failed on their way out of different reasons. 

I had to say I have lived a life where  I have lived exposed to people who was willing to risk everything for nothing, just to feel alive one more time. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, seedy said:

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You can a) do that I find out in the long run it won't get better or b) you think for a minute or two how many people ruined their life with drugs and then you don't do it.

I rest my case. If you really think this is how it happens, ...

And all the criminals in their coats and their ties

Are free to drink martinis and watch the sun rise

While Reuben sits like Buddha in a 10 foot cell

An Innocent man in a living hell

13 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Again, the alcoholic beer ban is only for the stadiums. It's available elsewhere. Unless Al Jazeera is promoting a lie.

I have to wonder if footy fans are all alcoholics, given the uproar it has caused. Can they not survive a couple of hours without being boozed up?

Think there's a difference between enjoying a beer while watching footy and being "boozed up".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

or c) Feet up in front of the TV enjoying a joint after a hard days graft. And what do you about betting, drinking, eating too many bigmacs, or any  other pleasure  of the flesh that ruin lives if pursued to excess? Ban everything? Like I said before, no middle ground or tolerance remaining on this unhappy planet.

On 11/27/2022 at 4:59 PM, BritManToo said:

It's hard to talk about equality when a very small group of people have inherited vast tracts of land through accident of birth. Add to that the 'charitable organisations' and the Church that have permanently removed large areas of land from the people, and the general public are well and truly shafted.

I see no way forward without revolution

And, Oh my goodness.  Especially in the United States of America.

Check out how the courts fall on the side of large corporations and monied individuals when it comes to taking "The Lowly Commoner's Land" in the name of? 
Eminent Domain.

The Government:
"But but but - if we take the land your and your ancestors have had since the mid-1800s and give it to Walmart, Amazon, or Blackrock?  Think of all the tax revenues we can have rolling in - as well as campaign contributions for us helping them urinate on the upturned faces of the America public!!!   <--- This is called, "Democracy."  ????

1150679892_Pissinformation200.jpg.7dbb9f26fbc0ccf43f48a7686ce45a4f.jpg

• Thanks 1

Just now, connda said:

And, Oh my goodness.  Especially in the United States of America.

Check out how the courts fall on the side of large corporations and monied individuals when it comes to taking "The Lowly Commoner's Land" in the name of? 
Eminent Domain.

The Government:
"But but but - if we take the land your and your ancestors have had since the mid-1800s and give it to Walmart, Amazon, or Blackrock?  Think of all the tax revenues we can have rolling in - as well as campaign contributions for us helping them urinate on the upturned faces of the America public!!!   <--- This is called, "Democracy."  ????

Does that also apply Trump's administration using eminent domain to seize thousands of acres of land from ranchers for the great southern wall?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-border-wall-plans-private-land-seizure/

20 hours ago, xkkpafi said:

Think there's a difference between enjoying a beer while watching footy and being "boozed up".

If it wasn't for the "boozed" sensation why would they need to drink alcoholic beer? They can have non alcoholic beer in the stadiums if they like beer.

IMO they banned alcohol in the stadiums because fans + alcohol is not a good thing. Blame it on the ones that get boozed and fight.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, xkkpafi said:

or c) Feet up in front of the TV enjoying a joint after a hard days graft. And what do you about betting, drinking, eating too many bigmacs, or any  other pleasure  of the flesh that ruin lives if pursued to excess? Ban everything? Like I said before, no middle ground or tolerance remaining on this unhappy planet.

People don't normally commit crime to buy a big mac.

Druggies commit lots of crimes to buy a fix.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hummin said:

But I have to many friends who did fall out because of drugs, or stayed status Q in their little bubble that their joint fix their life everyday.

Ex friend smoked m j every day for his adult life. Claimed it was not harmful or addictive. It turned him into a right nasty idiot.

• Haha 1

Claimed it was not harmful or addictive. It turned him into a right nasty idiot.

Balanced against the millions - nay billions - who do the same and do not turn into 'your friend' !!! 555

On 11/28/2022 at 12:36 PM, ozimoron said:

Follow the Portuguese model, decriminalise all drugs so the market is destroyed. I agree with you, treat drug addiction as a health issue, not a crime. Locking people up is the lazy way out.

It’s lazy in the sense of refusing to face up to your prejudices.  If I had to do it myself, I would try to avoid keeping people in prison.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Ex friend smoked m j every day for his adult life. Claimed it was not harmful or addictive. It turned him into a right nasty idiot.

That’s great that you can diagnose cause and effect so precisely in a casual acquaintance.

Although your post is slightly ambiguous; did smoking dope turn him into a right nasty idiot, or was it the consistent claiming that it did no harm that made him nasty?

Sometimes, the root cause is deeper than what the casual observer sees. I wonder why he smoked dope every day?

But life is too short to ask questions, when we have opinions to maintain. 

• Like 2