Do we all have to be activists these days or at least do we have to support those activists?

OneMoreFarang

On 11/28/2022 at 1:54 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

When I can actually remember stuff I'm not too dull a tack myself, but I "dislike" ( being polite ) the modern age so much, I not only want to live in a different age, but in a different existence, such as those one can only see in movies. If "ying" is good and "yang" is bad, there has been far too much yang for my liking, not just now, but for my entire life, since I was able to understand such, and the yang is winning.

Give me Casablanca for the rest of my life, please!!! 

On 11/27/2022 at 7:49 PM, BritManToo said:

Voting is pointless as all the candidates, from all the parties, are from the people that own everything.

As examples, Tony Blair is a millionaire, Tony Benn is a lord.

On 11/28/2022 at 3:02 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm all for expanding the prison population and removing parole. A small element of society causes most of the crime, and I would like as many of them as possible removed from society for as long as possible.

However, I think prisoners should be safe from harm, whatever that takes.

I would rather educate stupid people, instead of locking them up to learn from criminals.

But so long as we need an underclass to support our own self-righteousness, needs must, when the devil drives.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Regarding Ingrid and Ingmar, isn't it true that the Bergmans were always better in Black and White? 

Only shades of grey.

Though I've never seen a coloured one, if I am allowed to say that,

27 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

I would rather educate stupid people

That is often easier said than done.

Many of those stupid people visited school - and didn't learn much.

And even if they learn something and work hard some will think that working not so hard and making more money with crimes is what they want. And then maybe they fail and get locked up.

And then? Will educating them then make them good productive citizens? It seems that works only in rare cases. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

Only shades of grey.

Though I've never seen a coloured one, if I am allowed to say that,

Sure. 

You are allowed. 

In the UK, they say coloured. 

In America, they said The colored. 

Not just a matter of spelling. 

Plenty of activism devoted to the word colored in recent years. 

To the OP, if I may be so bold as to address you directly:

Concerning the recent spike in activism in China, will you start a new Topic addressing this? 

Or, should I? 

I know you can write a better Topic about Chinese activism than I. 

Your serve, your honors, Sir. 

Will you have at it? 

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That is often easier said than done.

And even if they learn something and work hard some will think that working not so hard and making more money with crimes is what they want. And then maybe they fail and get locked up.

And then? Will educating them then make them good productive citizens? It seems that works only in rare cases. 

7 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Sure. 

You are allowed. 

In the UK, they say coloured. 

In America, they said The colored. 

Not just a matter of spelling. 

Plenty of activism devoted to the word colored in recent years. 

Back in the day, I had a black and white television, but I was told that was too divisive, so I called it monochrome.  Only shades of grey. Anything for a pleasant valley Sunday. Now I'm a believer.

Anyway, if you've seen one colour, you've seen them all.  There were only two brief moments where I thought I was missing out.  The first was the Sunday Mail advert - the first colour newspaper in Scotland.  On a bright and crisp morning, the Sunday Mail paper boy rides through the town, spreading shades of grey.  I imagine on a tricolour CRT it would seem brighter.
And on the Robbie Coltrane show, when his character Mason Boyne is meticulously painting the geranium leaves orange, I am sure that would require less imagination in colour.

But Casablanca was just fine, and The Trail Of The Lonesome Pine

3 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

Back in the day, I had a black and white television, but I was told that was too divisive, so I called it monochrome.  Only shades of grey. Anything for a pleasant valley Sunday. Now I'm a believer.

Anyway, if you've seen one colour, you've seen them all.  There were only two brief moments where I thought I was missing out.  The first was the Sunday Mail advert - the first colour newspaper in Scotland.  On a bright and crisp morning, the Sunday Mail paper boy rides through the town, spreading shades of grey.  I imagine on a tricolour CRT it would seem brighter.
And on the Robbie Coltrane show, when his character Mason Boyne is meticulously painting the geranium leaves orange, I am sure that would require less imagination in colour.

But Casablanca was just fine, and The Trail Of The Lonesome Pine

Nice to see you back in fine fiddle, and also that you have still not lost your form. 

10 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Concerning the recent spike in activism in China, will you start a new Topic addressing this? 

Or, should I? 

Will you have at it? 

I think of it as positivism rather than activism.

I had an unfortunate bout of positivism a few weeks back, and it has been sweeping through my staff like an epidemic.  My experience was little worse than I suffered after I got my first vaccination, and it made me wonder whether the cure is worse than the disease?
But that is the whole point - what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  So better a vaccination that you know, than forego the added strength of the vaccination and suffer the unbridled rampage of unfettered disease, that might peter out like a half-discharged firework, or catastrophically different. 

6 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

I think of it as positivism rather than activism.

I had an unfortunate bout of positivism a few weeks back, and it has been sweeping through my staff like an epidemic.  My experience was little worse than I suffered after I got my first vaccination, and it made me wonder whether the cure is worse than the disease?
But that is the whole point - what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  So better a vaccination that you know, than forego the added strength of the vaccination and suffer the unbridled rampage of unfettered disease, that might peter out like a half-discharged firework, or catastrophically different. 

I hope you are, indeed, referring to nothing more than an infection of your staff, which is usually easily curable, and not a more serious staph infection, some strains of which can be life-threatening.

Or, maybe you are just dealing with an infection of activism among your staff at work as they beg for higher wages during this inflationary economy we are all experiencing? 

6 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Give me Casablanca for the rest of my life, please!!! 

My choice for groundhog day would either be the virtually deserted beach on the Thai Gulf coast with my wife to be, or Railay West with the most beautiful temporary Thai GF I ever had.

The month I had with each being as close to paradise as ever I had in this life, I can't decide between them.

5 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

So better a vaccination that you know, than forego the added strength of the vaccination and suffer the unbridled rampage of unfettered disease, that might peter out like a half-discharged firework, or catastrophically different. 

Given the infection rate of fully vaccinated populations as we are seeing around the world, claiming that vaccination with a "vaccination that you know" is the answer, doesn't seem correct to me, but I don't expect to see the "pro" vaccine mob ever admitting that it doesn't seem particularly effective.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

My choice for groundhog day would either be the virtually deserted beach on the Thai Gulf coast with my wife to be, or Railay West with the most beautiful temporary Thai GF I ever had.

The month I had with each being as close to paradise as ever I had in this life, I can't decide between them.

Why choose between them?

Just include both on your honeymoon.

But you will need  to decide which will be your xiao taitai,  小太太....!

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

IMO school is the problem that causes children not to learn. At my expensive private schools I learned that bullying is OK when it's older kids, prefects and teachers doing it, I learned to hate sport, I learned that life isn't fair and that people are not all good ( good lessons to learn early in life ) and I learned to play the trumpet badly. Lessons on geography, maths, science, history, biology etc educated me not at all.

Can't call me stupid or incapable of learning, given my future careers requiring qualifications needing years of study.

I learned almost nothing in school because the teachers were useless, and unable to motivate me, and it's not as though I was any sort of rebel.

So, in reply to your post, make schools a place kids want to learn, expel the actual bad kids, and the problem will IMO be solved.

Let’s be brutally honest here if you are born a man but think that you are a woman that must surely be a very severe form of mental illness?

It should certainly not be encouraged under any circumstances but we should be sympathetic to it,plus treat it with drugs like Lithium and restrain these poor and misguided people by any means necessary for their own good.

7 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Or, should I? 

Will you have at it? 

Normally I ignore your post. But this time I saw a reply to this so now I am aware of it.

Please feel free to open any new topic you like.

Obviously, it would be nice for the people in China if they would be treated better. And I guess on my list of possible concerns they are still a little higher than those gays in Qatar. 

But that issue is still far below my threshold of: I care enough to talk or write about it.

Go ahead, and don't expect any contribution from me.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

but I don't expect to see the "pro" vaccine mob ever admitting that it doesn't seem particularly effective.

I am sure there are many studies out there which were done by teams of professionals.

Do you think that you know better? If yes, why?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Normally I ignore your post. But this time I saw a reply to this so now I am aware of it.

Please feel free to open any new topic you like.

Obviously, it would be nice for the people in China if they would be treated better. And I guess on my list of possible concerns they are still a little higher than those gays in Qatar. 

But that issue is still far below my threshold of: I care enough to talk or write about it.

Go ahead, and don't expect any contribution from me.

Good to know.

Thank you. 

I will proceed, as usual, with or without further guidance from you, then?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am sure there are many studies out there which were done by teams of professionals.

I'm pretty sure you are pro vaccine, so pointless getting into the same old arguments been gone over for years.

I'm with the nurses and midwives that refused to get jabbed in NZ and lost their jobs as a result.

After decades in the health industry, I probably do know better than one that never worked in the health industry. I certainly know enough to not be believing any "teams of professionals" just because they are so called "professionals".

I've seen enough bad stuff going on that the public will never hear about to have a well deserved scepticism about "professionals".

27 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think I know better.

Big pharma only wants to make money.

The professionals are only in it for the money.

Same with climate change.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I think I know better.

Big pharma only wants to make money.

The professionals are only in it for the money.

Same with climate change.

And some professionals do it because they like science and they do their best.

And sometimes pharmaceutical companies develop and produce great medicine.

I think it's wrong to assume they are all bad.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't even understand the question, how do you think you got the right to vote ?

People who are treated badly often push back, some people support them, or at the very least their right to push back.

That the have to push back is something that perhaps needs more discussion on. 

• Like 1

On 11/23/2022 at 6:55 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks

I think we should accept that many people/communities/religions/countries have different ideas about what is wrong and what is right.

In Thailand I might ask a cute girl on the street if she likes to have a coffee with me.

In some other countries I would certainly not do that.

And most likely I wouldn't do it because I wouldn't visit those countries.

In Thailand lots of laws are ignored by many people. But we know there are a few laws which are absolutely not ignored and mostly not discussed. Everybody knows them and it's best to shut up.

So, when people visit other peoples' countries, should the visitors insist that certain things should be allowed? Should they protest? Or is it sometimes a good idea to just accept that in real life it is better to just shut up or not visit those places with laws and/or customs which we don't like?

I usually agree with your posts, but I have to say that no guy should approach a young female by herself no matter what country you are in unless she gives you some sort of come on, that also applies in red light areas.

• Thanks 1