Jump to content

Do we all have to be activists these days or at least do we have to support those activists?


OneMoreFarang
 Share

Recommended Posts

Freedom for everybody to speak and do what they want within the societies limits, and sometimes the limits have to be pushed a bit. 
 

Imagine you One More Farang was going to be hanged because you admitted adultery with a young legal lady everywhere else in the world. That would be something to protest against and fight for your rights to do so without being prosecuted and executed? 
 

 

Edited by Hummin
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Woof999 said:

I'll support activists to a greater or lesser extent depending on whether their views fit with mine and my own sense of morality. I'll listen to the views of most activists because only then will my views be "up to date" and my morals adjusted where necessary. I might then think:

 

1.) You're a nutter

 

2.) You have a point but it's not something I want to be involved in

 

3.) You have a great point but I'm too happy in my comfort zone to give a monkey's enough to do anything

 

4.) Off to the art shop to buy a white board and some paint - which I've never ever done.

 

Should also mention that how activists try and put their point across also makes a difference. Have a peaceful protest, lobby the government and wave some banners and that's great. Glue yourself to the road and I'll run you over.

 

Having said all that, if people don't like my morals then I have others.

My views exactly.   To just add, The 'No More Oil', or whatever they call themselves, fanatic idiots, definitely not.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks

 

I think we should accept that many people/communities/religions/countries have different ideas about what is wrong and what is right.

In Thailand I might ask a cute girl on the street if she likes to have a coffee with me.

In some other countries I would certainly not do that.

And most likely I wouldn't do it because I wouldn't visit those countries.

In Thailand lots of laws are ignored by many people. But we know there are a few laws which are absolutely not ignored and mostly not discussed. Everybody knows them and it's best to shut up.

 

So, when people visit other peoples' countries, should the visitors insist that certain things should be allowed? Should they protest? Or is it sometimes a good idea to just accept that in real life it is better to just shut up or not visit those places with laws and/or customs which we don't like?

We should trust the ethical bord on Fifa and Olympic committee to not give them the the prestige to arrange such events when they do not manage to open their country up and follow simple human rights. However I agree with you, just <deleted> because of corrupt ignorant presidents in such organisations who should have been prosecuted. It is tragic! 

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

50 years ago women in Qatar or in Thailand or a Sri Lankan worker seemed exotic to some - like a different type of person.

I would even say that 50 years ago, they WERE a different kind of person , different in many aspects . 

   These days though, we are all pretty much the same . 

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I read a few articles about the word cup

oh, at first I thought you were talking about a scrabble tournament - - thai excel.

 

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Should the world only watch the world cup if it would be in a wonderful land with no accidents, 100% perfect human rights record, etc.?

Yeah, I don't think it is not being 100% righteous that causes an outrage... I think it is more because they are too close to zero...

 

they accepted a sponsorship from Budweiser and then 2 days before the tourney, they cancelled letting them sell beer... 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

oh, at first I thought you were talking about a scrabble tournament - - thai excel.

 

Yeah, I don't think it is not being 100% righteous that causes an outrage... I think it is more because they are too close to zero...

 

they accepted a sponsorship from Budweiser and then 2 days before the tourney, they cancelled letting them sell beer... 

Wasn't if FIFA that accepted the Budweiser deal and Qatar that disallowed alcohol from being drank  ?

   

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Hummin said:

Freedom for everybody to speak and do what they want within the societies limits, and sometimes the limits have to be pushed a bit. 
 

Imagine you One More Farang was going to be hanged because you admitted adultery with a young legal lady everywhere else in the world. That would be something to protest against and fight for your rights to do so without being prosecuted and executed? 
 

 

World has never corresponded with what some consider the "right" viewpoint on life, and IMO never will.

We may have been around for 50,000 years but mentally we are still cavemen, and act like it- to the victor the spoils, and the losers can go jump.

 

Don't like the laws, either don't live in that country or change them, by whatever means possible ( how is it working out for demonstrators in Iran? ).

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Denmark are now considering leaving FIFA because they weren't allowed to wear rainbow colours !!!!!!!!!

 

Denmark ready to leave FIFA after ’emergency meeting’ with England in OneLove call to arms

 

 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/fifa-world-cup/denmark-ready-to-leave-fifa-after-emergency-meeting-with-england-in-onelove-call-to-arms/ar-AA14sDU3?ocid=mailsignout&pc=U591&cvid=a93ff97f7e9949f19bfb33fe57471cfa

 

55555555555555

What a rainbow bunch they are!

Can they really be descended from Vikings, LOL?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Wasn't if FIFA that accepted the Budweiser deal and Qatar that disallowed alcohol from being drank  ?

   

That's only in the stadiums. Probably for good reasons. Alcohol is available elsewhere, but one wonders if the football world is populated by alcoholics that it's such a big deal? Can't get by without booze, LOL.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Woof999 said:

I'll support activists to a greater or lesser extent depending on whether their views fit with mine and my own sense of morality. I'll listen to the views of most activists because only then will my views be "up to date" and my morals adjusted where necessary. I might then think:

 

1.) You're a nutter

 

2.) You have a point but it's not something I want to be involved in

 

3.) You have a great point but I'm too happy in my comfort zone to give a monkey's enough to do anything

 

4.) Off to the art shop to buy a white board and some paint - which I've never ever done.

 

Should also mention that how activists try and put their point across also makes a difference. Have a peaceful protest, lobby the government and wave some banners and that's great. Glue yourself to the road and I'll run you over.

 

Having said all that, if people don't like my morals then I have others.

I'm too cynical to think that we can change anything unless the powers behind the curtain agree, so I tend to ignore any and all activists, and consider them more as looking to live off the gullible than actually change anything.

However, I scorn woke activists.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I don't care about football or woke activists.

So no problem for me.

Do you care if children pick your chocolate or make your clothes? Do you care that slave labour made many of the things you buy? You can slur activists all day long but it says more about you than them.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nelson Mandela:

"Sport has the power to change the world." 

Sports convey lessons about values and culturally appropriate behavior.

Example: National Germany hosting the Olympic Games. Nothing but a propogandi message.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...