Do we all have to be activists these days or at least do we have to support those activists?

OneMoreFarang

On Friday night, December 9, U.S. Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, according to Politico, attended a “private holiday party” in the home of Conservative Political Action Conference Chairman Matt Schlapp.

One of the other people who attended Schlapp’s party, according to Politico, was MAGA Republican Stephen Miller, who was a policy adviser for the Trump Administration. Miller heads the America First Legal Foundation, a group that, Wheeler notes, “has interests in cases now pending before the Court.”

https://www.rawstory.com/kavanaugh-attended-a-right-wing-activists-holiday-party-at-the-worst-possible-time-legal-reporter/

How to stop wealthy right-wing 'Christians' from bribing the Supreme Court

Here in the United States, the scandal de jour is around a group of wealthy rightwing “Christians” who spent millions to get close to and influence Republican members of the Supreme Court.

They prayed with them over cases and those same Republican justices then cited the amicus brief of the group’s leader and apparently leaked upcoming decisions to and through them.

---

Here in America, though — where Republicans generally appear unable to feel shame and their party daily shows it considers ethics a joke — six Republicans on the US Supreme Court continue to embarrass our nation by making nakedly political, partisan, or bigoted decisions (that often defy precedent and tradition).

https://www.rawstory.com/how-to-stop-wealthy-right-wing-christians-from-bribing-the-supreme-court/

14 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

How to stop wealthy right-wing 'Christians' from bribing the Supreme Court

Here in the United States, the scandal de jour is around a group of wealthy rightwing “Christians” who spent millions to get close to and influence Republican members of the Supreme Court.

They prayed with them over cases and those same Republican justices then cited the amicus brief of the group’s leader and apparently leaked upcoming decisions to and through them.

---

Here in America, though — where Republicans generally appear unable to feel shame and their party daily shows it considers ethics a joke — six Republicans on the US Supreme Court continue to embarrass our nation by making nakedly political, partisan, or bigoted decisions (that often defy precedent and tradition).

https://www.rawstory.com/how-to-stop-wealthy-right-wing-christians-from-bribing-the-supreme-court/

All these right-wing politicians wouldn't be there if people wouldn't vote for them. And the supreme court is what it is because those judges were appointed to those jobs.

Not that I like it, but the USA is what it is because many US Americans support those right-wing ideas and politicians.

Obviously we can argue about majorities and a few percent here or there. IMHO if only 10% of people in a country would support those right-wing idiots that is already too much.

And to be fair, the left has also lots of crazy woke ideas which many people don't like. I am sure that is part of the reason why some people vote for right-wing instead of crazy woke left-wing.

It's complicated... 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

All these right-wing politicians wouldn't be there if people wouldn't vote for them. And the supreme court is what it is because those judges were appointed to those jobs.

Not that I like it, but the USA is what it is because many US Americans support those right-wing ideas and politicians.

Obviously we can argue about majorities and a few percent here or there. IMHO if only 10% of people in a country would support those right-wing idiots that is already too much.

And to be fair, the left has also lots of crazy woke ideas which many people don't like. I am sure that is part of the reason why some people vote for right-wing instead of crazy woke left-wing.

It's complicated... 

My post is about activist right wing extremists bribing the supreme court. Feel free to put up a link to an article where "crazy woke" left wing activists are bribing the supreme court or anybody at all.

In the meantime, all you've done is put up a hypothetical deflection.

Edited by ozimoron

A prayer before dying: On the Republican Party's terminal illness

But the GOP is a soon-to-be spectral political party. Its illness are its politically traumatizing mythologies, as old as our country itself.

The GOP has not been an active or proactive political force for years. It is reactive and reactionary — it adopted the politically traumatizing, hysterical and paranoid mythologies disseminated throughout the right-wing infotainment system, often crafted in the deepest and darkest bowels of the rabbit-holed internet, and then regurgitated them.

https://www.rawstory.com/a-prayer-before-dying-on-the-republican-party-s-terminal-illness/

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

@ozimoron

What do all your posts have to do with this thread: "Do we all have to be activists these days or at least do we have to support those activists?"

Maybe you should start your own thread about whatever you want to complain about.

The thread is about activism. All my posts are about activism. You might disagree but that's my opinion. Activists are not just people who march up and down streets carrying BLM signs or bamboo lanterns. Activists also cut checks and post conspiracy theories on Twitter and other social media. Activism is a very broad subject.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

This is also activism in it's purest form.

A judge on Thursday handed down the longest prison terms so far in the plot to kidnap Michigan’s governor, sentencing three men who forged an early alliance with a leader of the scheme before the FBI broke it up in 2020.

Joe Morrison, Pete Musico and Paul Bellar did not have a direct role in the conspiracy but were members of a paramilitary group that trained with Adam Fox, who faces a possible life sentence in a separate case in federal court.

Musico was sentenced to a minimum of 12 years in prison, followed by Morrison at 10 years and Bellar at seven. They will be eligible for parole after serving those terms.

https://apnews.com/article/crime-michigan-government-and-politics-f6ed3d5b2546dbe9c60bb34b9ee8ddb4?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=TopNews&utm_campaign=position_03

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

@ozimoron

What do all your posts have to do with this thread: "Do we all have to be activists these days or at least do we have to support those activists?"

Maybe you should start your own thread about whatever you want to complain about.

Do I detect the law of unintended consequences in play here since I just noticed that you are the OP?

Some activists ultimately regret their activism.

Notorious Capitol rioter Tim Gionet, better known by his Twitter name "Baked Alaska," was suddenly filled with regret over his life decisions after watching former President Donald Trump hawk digital trading cards in a video in which he also declared himself a better president than George Washington.

Gionet, who earlier in the day said he believed Trump's digital card gambit means he "can't win" in 2024, wrote a follow-up missive in which he questioned his own decision to storm the Capitol building on January 6th, 2021.

"I can’t believe I'm going to jail for an NFT salesman," he lamented.

https://www.rawstory.com/tim-gionet/

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

the left has also lots of crazy woke ideas which many people don't like.

Understatement of the year, IMO.

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

the left has also lots of crazy woke ideas which many people don't like.

Understatement of the year, IMO.

Living in Thailand I find it difficult to judge how much of the woke ideas are really supported by many people who vote "left".

Looking at the news, and especially some media, those woke ideas seem to be anywhere. There is certainly a very active group which propagates those ideas.

But when I talk to people from i.e. the USA how much those woke ideas are visible in real life in the USA then they tell me they see it mostly in the media but not in real life. But I guess that will vary also a lot who you talk to.

I am sure there is a part of left leaning people who don't like many woke ideas. But they avoid talking about them or maybe pretend to support them. Like saying: yes, black lives matter, instead of arguing that also white and other lives matter. Who wants to argue about that all day long except those woke?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Living in Thailand I find it difficult to judge how much of the woke ideas are really supported by many people who vote "left".

Looking at the news, and especially some media, those woke ideas seem to be anywhere. There is certainly a very active group which propagates those ideas.

But when I talk to people from i.e. the USA how much those woke ideas are visible in real life in the USA then they tell me they see it mostly in the media but not in real life. But I guess that will vary also a lot who you talk to.

I am sure there is a part of left leaning people who don't like many woke ideas. But they avoid talking about them or maybe pretend to support them. Like saying: yes, black lives matter, instead of arguing that also white and other lives matter. Who wants to argue about that all day long except those woke?

I know a country where woke rules. Sad what happened to the place.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think you should spend a little time figuring out how many Republicans support woke rules. Not everyone is a hater. Anyone using "woke" as a pejorative is racist.

To be "woke" politically in the Black community means that someone is informed, educated and conscious of social injustice and racial inequality, Merriam-Webster Dictionary states.

"Republicans, time and again, have overstepped where they think the average voter is and where most Americans are on mainstream issues," Turner said.

"Because 'woke' is associated with Black people, it's been a useful club for those who want to beat those seeking justice over the head with white grievance politics to win elections without deploying explicitly racist terms," Mitchell said.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/woke-conservatives/story?id=93051138

16 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's complicated... 

All this is largely reflective of a broader cultural thing than the fabricated political identity and such attachments. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

I think you should spend a little time figuring out how many Republicans support woke rules. Not everyone is a hater. Anyone using "woke" as a pejorative is racist.

Why would I care?

The term woke is so wide that everything and nothing fits into it - if people decide so.

And your statement "Anyone using "woke" as a pejorative is racist." obviously doesn't make any sense.

I.e. am I racist if I think it doesn't make much sense to let xy chromosome compete with xx chromosome? 

I give up reasoning with you and I will hide your comments from now on. That makes my life better and you can write whatever you want. I won't see it anymore.

Edited by OneMoreFarang
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I give up reasoning with you and I will hide your comments from now on. That makes my life better and you can write whatever you want. I won't see it anymore.

I did that and it made the forum better for me.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1